[2.6] Brutus Ancestral Warchief [Chieftain]

Update: 3.0 brings a huge buff to the build as we can use a shield, tukohama's fortress. This equals more hp and a 3rd totem.
New Path of Building import link (used my old gear but tweaked jewels)
https://pastebin.com/iQBF7mtE
With the current calcs, it hits 10k hp and 270k x3 (around 800k total) conc dps.

I am putting some info on the build I am running this league for some feedback.
Currently lvl95 at 9.157 hp, 120k single totem dps (conc and no flasks) and 11k armour (no flasks - 20k with rumis).

Fire pen is at 85 with wise oak but can go up to 95 if you get the right boot's enchant (i could not get it after several tries). The one I have now, lightning damage added (halved with avatar of fire) gives 5.6% more sheet dps so it's still good.

uber/shaper down ( proof )

Gorge run video

gear

Bandits: Oak, kraityn, kill all.

ign : mnyga
Last edited by felhuy on Jul 3, 2017, 2:07:10 PM
Last bumped on Aug 5, 2017, 12:18:23 PM
updated gear
hey good one,
my build is nearly identical, but i didnt have much time this week so im currently only at 75. Did you find the xophs amulet yourself? im pretty unlucky in the breaches so far but I didnt really grind them.
Also, I'm using molten strike in combination with the wildfire jewels. the damage is really insane but I have some problems with survivability and Molten Strike just doesn't seem to fit my playstyle :/
Last edited by ultra_banana on Mar 10, 2017, 9:31:42 AM
"
ultra_banana wrote:
hey good one,
my build is nearly identical, but i didnt have much time this week so im currently only at 75. Did you find the xophs amulet yourself? im pretty unlucky in the breaches so far but I didnt really grind them.
Also, I'm using molten strike in combination with the wildfire jewels. the damage is really insane but I have some problems with survivability and Molten Strike just doesn't seem to fit my playstyle :/

I bought the amulet, didn't farm it myself.

As I see it the options for survivability for these builds are a very high hp pool, decent armour and probably enfeeble ( I lvl l cwdt mine) and fortify. I guess Molten strike needs decent leech too, totems are very safe anyway. You could try ancestral warchief yourself, just respec 4-5 points to ancestral bond and see if it is the molten strike playstyle that caused you the problems or you do actually need more defenses.
Nice to see more people trying this out!

I went a slightly different route, but our passive trees are pretty much the same :-)

How do you feel about Totemic Zeal? I've been thinking about it but what's slowing me down is Ancestral Warchief's activation timer, not the totem placement.
Does Totem Placement nodes make it come up quicker after being placed?

Do you use Path of Building? I'd love a link to your idea of a finished build, so that I can compare :-)

My build isn't finished, I'm aiming for an astramentis & a really good rare chest so I have an easier getting resists and WED on rings.
"
Sprouting wrote:
Nice to see more people trying this out!

I went a slightly different route, but our passive trees are pretty much the same :-)

How do you feel about Totemic Zeal? I've been thinking about it but what's slowing me down is Ancestral Warchief's activation timer, not the totem placement.
Does Totem Placement nodes make it come up quicker after being placed?

Do you use Path of Building? I'd love a link to your idea of a finished build, so that I can compare :-)

My build isn't finished, I'm aiming for an astramentis & a really good rare chest so I have an easier getting resists and WED on rings.

Placement speed doesn't do anything to help totem dudes appear faster. I took the cluster because it was just right there on the way to resist socket, gives some nice qol and attack speed.

I don't have anything else to show you. My stats are 1275 srt, 8550hp and 100k dps with conc from 1 totem (no flasks or anything else).
Last edited by felhuy on Mar 11, 2017, 3:56:06 AM
added t13 video
Hey. Nice build. I am doing something similar with molten strike. What is your opinion on ancestral protector vs warchief?
"
AgurBadur wrote:
Hey. Nice build. I am doing something similar with molten strike. What is your opinion on ancestral protector vs warchief?

what do you mean? Ancestral protector has no aoe, you mean with melee splash, no reason to do that while warchief exists.
For single target warchief is still better in 6l because you can use conc. With protector maybe the extra gems can be reduced duration or minion and totem res support, both 19 multipliers. With the better intrinsic protector damage they may have the same single target dps...

If you mean as a complementary 4l for ur build... still go warchief i guess?
Last edited by felhuy on Mar 12, 2017, 6:20:41 PM
I'm doing something very similar! Glad to see someone going Warchief with this weapon!

Currently lvl 84 on LHC, Uber lab done and hoping to go further with end game content soon.

Small differences in my tree http://poeurl.com/baqS

I left out totemic zeal and the duelist area and I didn't really feel the placement speed and melee range loss.

I'll go get a second curse instead with a CoH setup with flamability and ele weakness. That and some jewels :D

Almost at 7K life! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info