Ghost in the Shell... Amazing...

Watched it over 10 times I don't get tired... Every time I find something new. Meticulous details...

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2017, 3:02:24 AM
the '95 movie is the best :) Akira and gits were the first anime movies i saw, was in 2nd grade. since then i've prolly watched GitS 50+ times and the series a few times. the movie is great to watch with friends as it's very philosophical and using it as a conversation starter with people to go into these ideas makes it very useful.
I fell in love with the inofficial soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwdlqquJDK4

This was the first song ever I fell in love with. Back in the good ol' 90's.
I love this movie so much.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
One of my original anime watches. Can't wait to see what happens with the remake coming at the end of this month.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I never watched it? does it worth the look and where I should begin with?
So the new one comes out at the end of March? I have to see it since the trailers look like it is action packed!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
https://steamcommunity.com/id/MickeyDankMouse/
-MickeyDankMouse™-
I weep for Tachikomas...
The scene from your image is actually censored. In the version i watched she was naked as she dived down the building.

Personally i think ghost in the shell is overrated. Its good, absolutely. But it has nothing on akira. I think it boils down to:
1) how explicit the philosophy in it is
2) the lack of making any attempt to answer said philosophy
3) the exposition in the first third of the film seems really forced where they explain they are cyborgs
4) they failed horribly at transitions into the next scene on several occasions
5) the plot hole where the ai transfers his code, but not duplicate it
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:

That reminds me of Star Trek Voyager's plot hole with the holographic doctor: his program is in the mobile emitter, so they'll lose him if it's destroyed. As if they don't have a back-up copy of his program somewhere else on the ship? It always has to be "transferred" instead of just copied, lol.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
SkyCore wrote:
The scene from your image is actually censored. In the version i watched she was naked as she dived down the building.

Personally i think ghost in the shell is overrated. Its good, absolutely. But it has nothing on akira. I think it boils down to:
1) how explicit the philosophy in it is
2) the lack of making any attempt to answer said philosophy
3) the exposition in the first third of the film seems really forced where they explain they are cyborgs
4) they failed horribly at transitions into the next scene on several occasions

I know, but I've been on these forums for years I have to set an example and follow rules. I'm probably one of the very few never been on probation. Anyways the movie coming out you're going to see it?
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info