My new gaming area.

What should i add. kind of a blank slate right now but dont want to load it up with too many shelves or ornaments yet

prob going to mount my 7 port USB D-link hardware to the wall for various external drives
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last edited by D3izhistory on Mar 7, 2017, 8:58:46 PM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 2:39:11 PM
That's fucking beautiful.
Mini fridge under the desk filled with caffeine.
Tinfoil taped over the windows.
Whiteboard mounted on the wall with poe reminders and dps calculations.
Naked 18 year girl.
Third monitor hooked up to a backup computer that also constantly displays network traffic (in promiscuous mode).
Cell phone holder/ docking bay mounted on the wall next to the chair so you can answer the phone while playing.
Something other than leather on your chair. Leather gets destroyed by constant use, trust me.
Personally i prefer a lazy boy to a computer chair. Use the arm rest for the mouse and set keyboard on your lap.
Box of tissues.
Garbage can.
Box with a backup keyboard and mouse.

Good starter set up so far though.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Thanks ^

I do got a third 55inch monitor that can go into my DVI port for my vid card but would lose the view on a break when rolling the chair back a bit

The picture is being taken from the entrance to my kitchen so there is a garbage and fridge (full size) within 20 feet.

Tissues behind monitor #2 (right side) working on the girl situation but only been living out here for 1 week

not a fan of recliners because they rest pretty far back to get a good grip on the keyboard while still using the backrest. Whiteboard not a fan of but soon there will be sticky notes on every corner of the screens so kind of accomplishes the same thing - just a matter of preference though

P.S. I am running the internet but no phone, trying to get real self off the grid but still enjoy gaming
"
鬼殺し wrote:
That's a very nice view and setup!

The only thing I'd recommend is maybe turn the monitors so they're not at right angles if possible. Mine are probably much closer to 180% to prevent neck strain looking back and forth.

good tip. i moved out the inside corners of both to get about a 45-55 degree angle. end up with some void space in the corner but probably a good idea for neck strain. thanks.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
No worries, I speak from painful experience! :)

I am dreading having to map all of my externals now though, usually a pain
+1 on moving the monitors closer together.

That's a really nice setup, I love that you have a nice view from your computer! :D
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
I find it weird that you have a screen with the back against the window. You either close your window blinds forever or you wear sunglasses while gaming.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I find it weird that you have a screen with the back against the window. You either close your window blinds forever or you wear sunglasses while gaming.

There is a bit of glare, but the windows face NW so i dont see the direct sun. The corner window i had to cover in order to face the corner of the room, best use of the space for 2 monitors and the main window is 4x4
put up german mesh net curtains 3 times wider than your window with design in them and that will block some of the glare but not destroy the view. you might also consider light tint to window, you can buy it in sheets.
I see you have a couch for naps not a bad idea. your chair looks just like mine mine is dark brown and bronze frost.i have mine on a student desk 2 drawer side by side with xframe legs so I can prop up a foot not and then. I pulled open the drawer and left open 1/2" x 12" plank with keyboard on it mouse wrist support under left wrist to keep in line with keyboard and mouse pad to right plus my gskill ripjaw 780r keyboard and mouse. I can program the colors to fit the functions to 3 different settings. under my monitor because I can sit back further now, I have a office style desk calender. no calender notes, all game notes. I have a small desk lamp with flex neck so I can turn it on to read my notes in low light if I need to and my open air test bed computer is all the way to the right on the desk stays cooler than in a case and I have liquid cooler on i5-6600k cpu because it is over clocked to 4.1ghz. I also have a box of tissues, small trash can and an all in one craig stereo system for music while I play. I only have a single 2411 NVidia 3d benq monitor but beats the hell out of the 15 inch laptop I had. the ceiling fan is right over me so keeps me and the system from overheating. my only window is to the left of me at about 160 degrees field of vision. no couch (sigh)
Last edited by rediornot on Mar 13, 2017, 1:31:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info