9.6 crashes

Well the crashes continue, the game is pretty much unplayable for me now, anytime I try to go into a new instance I crash. The main error is "unable to map"
Many of these crashes sound like corrupted data - I'd suggest removing the configuration file in My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile

You should also try running the Pack Check
Balance & Design
After the patch...
New kind of issues aproach.

Game doesnt want to load (char wont log in) instead of this I get unexpected disconnect or my loading screen last forever (game client responds tho, can be closed, no problem)

Tried check, tried reinstalling, tried erasing local pref

any thoughs?
IGN : Arkhonai
Intel i5 - 2500K
Nvidia 1060 GTX OC
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
Last edited by Gravenshade on Feb 14, 2012, 3:17:13 PM
I uninstalled the game, redownloaded and installed it with patch 9.6c. Ran the pack check.

Still crashing, all the same 1-3 errors messages, all runtime related. It may be a problem with my Vista, I have tried install DirectX again, that didnt help. Any other suggestions would be apreciated.

I have a new Cyberpower high powered computer coming in 3 weeks, would like to still do the beta until that arrives.
A couple of players were having trouble with their virus scan, could this be responsible?

I guess check your drivers as well.

Gravenshade, does this still happen with new characters? And does it still happen if you switch the server you are playing on?
Balance & Design
This Error occurs either:

-Loging the game
-Picking char and going into the game (loading map) especially act2 city
-taking waypoint (loading map again)

Previously game was crashing, i had blue screens etc, did whole system check, scans, rebuilded system, checked again, ofcourse reinstalled the game, checked firewalls (both software and hardware ones) also checked other games performence - all did well

now its just unexpected disconnect (80% times) or endless loading

will check with new chars, this is disturbing as its unplayable at all, will also try to change server and come back, ty for tips, will let You know
Intel i5 - 2500K
Nvidia 1060 GTX OC
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
Last edited by Gravenshade on Feb 14, 2012, 6:35:34 PM
"
Gravenshade wrote:
now its just unexpected disconnect (80% times) or endless loading

I've talked to the others, and they've said "sometimes an instance can get stuck so that a player can't log into it (such as a town). If a new character works for them, and their old one doesn't, the advice currently is to just wait until we next restart the servers.

We're looking a a better solution for the problem, but it's very hard to nail down, and resetting the servers always fixes it."
Balance & Design
I can now confirm that changing gate servers solves the issue which i previously mentioned.

Theres no more previous bluescreens/crashes also. Will check if theres no other crashes after long time play, but I need a day or two for this.

Will keep You informed.
Looking forward to hearing about looting and trading final system looks. Keep up the good job guys.
Intel i5 - 2500K
Nvidia 1060 GTX OC
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
I've seen others mention this here as well but doesnt hurt to add more feedback:

Crash after leaving intro beach level (Happend to me and my friend)

also my entire system crashed twice since i've installed the game..
Ok this will be my last post on these crashes, hopefuly this following information helps.

The crashes mainly happen when tyring to go into an new instance after clearing one. However I have crashed many times in the instance moving from the forest WP to the forest encampment and in the river crossing instance. Otherwise I usually dont crash while in an instance. Also its wierd but I can do all the levels of the cavern of woe and the chamber of sins without crashing.

I get 3 main crash erros.

1. Bad allocation
2. Unable to map file
3. Unable to create vertex buffer out of memorey

with those 3 I get this error message

runtime Error!

Progarm....ogramfiles\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\client.exe

This application has requsted the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way

I know part of the problem could be my computer post vista reinstall. But to check I have tried playing, Sacred 2, Torechlight, and Empire Total War, and didnt have a crash with any of those.

Hope this helps
Last edited by GhostPain on Feb 16, 2012, 12:02:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info