9.6 crashes

this happened when i tryied to enter to Crossroad at old fields.
and now when tryied to go river crossing.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7760/crashk.png
Last edited by TheDudeSon on Feb 11, 2012, 1:05:33 PM
I've been able to consistently crash my game every time I try to level up my Freezing Pulse skill gem. I socketed a low level one around the end of the first act in Cruel difficulty to level it up and try it out. So far each and every time it's leveled up, and I click the level up button, the game crashes.

This only happens for that particular gem so far for me.
It crashes a lot when leveling up skill gems. In a two player party yesterday. Two witches, both level 33-35~, if one of the two levels up a skill gem during a fight or other activities, the game crashes for both players almost immediately. Waiting until we've cleared out the enemies, stopping and doing nothing so one of us can level up the skill gems seems to prevent the crash. It does cause a small hiccup.

After the crash, logging back in, the skill gem is back to its value from a while before you try to level it up. Need to kill a number of enemies before it is ready to level up again. This is only with the player who tried to level up the gem though, because I distinctly remember levelling up my gem right before the other player tried to, and we crashed. On the next login, my gem was levelled up, but the other's wasn't.
Same problem as before said. Game crashes when i levelup my gems...
Hello,

yesterdaya i had 4 Client crashes, and i can repeat them with ease.

Just go in a dungeon like Weavern Chamer or Camber of Sins (i use tempest shield but im not sure if that was a reason) and when a gem levels up, just click on the gem + on bottom (i do this very fast and in fight, so the gems levels on).

Today (before some minutes) same problem, in dungeon, gem levels, i click on + and client freeze ...

I use win 7 (64 bit) and Nvidia GeForce GTX 260.
I never had client crashes before and have not changed anything on my system.

Hope this helps to find this nasty bug.

Keep on your great work, i love it,

Linina

Edit: If i wait longer, do nothing and then level up the gem, it works fine.
The cake is a lie
Last edited by Linina on Feb 12, 2012, 8:20:11 AM
This is from last night...

In this entire build (0.9.6), the absolute only crash I witnessed was upon 1st completion of Act II with my witch.I had partied up with a friend and fought through to the top of the pyramid. My party member jumped through to end up in the 1st map on cruel. I crashed with an APPCrash error & ended up back in the Forest Encampment.

I was lucky, none of the maps had reset and I easily ran through an old town portal. But it was unpleasant none the less.

-------------------------
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
1.7GHz Overclocked to 2.6GHz QuadCore processor
Radeon Duel HD Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6620 & 6740
6.0GB RAM
Last edited by FesteR on Feb 12, 2012, 10:27:27 AM
Hi there

Ive tried a lot of things, altho game seems to crash very very often for me, whats worse, it freezes my cpu, which is not able to respond in any way.

I cannot lift my cpu from this in any way, only manual reset, and seems like memory suffers 1-2 restarts before it goes back to normal.

It occurs whenever trying to load the gameplay of a char, or even when that succeds the game has a huge chance to stop responding when loading the next map/town.

I tried either reinstalling client, checking whole system (as i am an IT eng i know what i need to check) changing graphical settings which game uses, next move is to check the extended memory and change of hdd. Altho i cant feel that this will help, any thoughs?

p.s seems like turning off shadows completely, for loading maps works quite fine, games crashes often anyway, even while loading for the first time, getting bluescreen etc
IGN : Arkhonai
Intel i5 - 2500K
Nvidia 1060 GTX OC
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
Last edited by Gravenshade on Feb 12, 2012, 5:56:58 PM
Note that Tempest Shield is causing crashes if you level up gems socketed into shields. We'll deploy a fix for this soon, hopefully!
Balance & Design
Well okay, but many crashes comes even before starting play, while on character screen etc, not sure if its wrong code in debug mode, in which game runs or not... dunno

other case in which game crashes are map loadings and corpse lootings.

Hard to locate the cause of the problem.
At the end the results of those crashes are quite bad also.

found out that its probably debugg mode plus firewall issues, checking if any of those issues still remains. Will keep ya informed
IGN : Arkhonai
Intel i5 - 2500K
Nvidia 1060 GTX OC
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
Last edited by Gravenshade on Feb 13, 2012, 8:13:21 AM
I have yet to play, the game loads up, can enter my log in & then it freezes. Box comes up saying the Client.exe will now close. I have even reinstalled twice with no luck :(

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU
420@1.6oGhz
1.50GB Ram
Win XP Pro
Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
Remember if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info