9.6 crashes

What system specs do you have on your pc? We'll be able to work out the cause from that. Also, this has only happened since 0.9.6? Has anything changed with your character, like skills you use, etc?
Balance & Design
Okay, it sounds like you're having a long-term problem of ours that we've been trying to fix. For now, the only real solution is to restart the game every hour or so - Though you can try running this, just in case something is wrong with your game file?
Balance & Design
If any of you are regularly having this crash after less than 30 minutes of playing, please let us know - At the moment, the only way to get around this is restart your client every hour or so, or whenever you get to town. We're looking at a long-term solution for this problem soon.
Balance & Design
Note that Tempest Shield is causing crashes if you level up gems socketed into shields. We'll deploy a fix for this soon, hopefully!
Balance & Design
Many of these crashes sound like corrupted data - I'd suggest removing the configuration file in My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile

You should also try running the Pack Check
Balance & Design
A couple of players were having trouble with their virus scan, could this be responsible?

I guess check your drivers as well.

Gravenshade, does this still happen with new characters? And does it still happen if you switch the server you are playing on?
Balance & Design
"
Gravenshade wrote:
now its just unexpected disconnect (80% times) or endless loading

I've talked to the others, and they've said "sometimes an instance can get stuck so that a player can't log into it (such as a town). If a new character works for them, and their old one doesn't, the advice currently is to just wait until we next restart the servers.

We're looking a a better solution for the problem, but it's very hard to nail down, and resetting the servers always fixes it."
Balance & Design
"
GhostPain wrote:
YAY!!! it looks like my crashes were caused by Vista, spent 3 hours on the phone and computer with Dell getting Vista service packs 1 and 2 installed, plus IE 9. Just tried POE and havent crashed going into new instances.

So for other Vista users that may be crashing you may want to make sure you have the two services packs installed.

Good to know, thanks GhostPain - Will check this with other vista users if they have this happen in future.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info