[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

Level 85 currently in Harbinger and i'm having a fun time.

Doing all red maps up to tier 13 (Didn't get higher yet) without a problem. Trashes are getting frozen and shattered without any issues and bosses are melting pretty fast as well. I don't have the greatest gear but i managed to get a decent gear so far since the start of the league.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAO0ACRIAAHMABgBeBbUILgzyDY0PqxHVFHUV9hX9Fr8ZjiLqI9Mj9iSLJP0mlSoLKjgwcTB8M5I31DpCPs9DE0MxRfRKfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b6V5daGluvXfJgQWHiYnlirGNwZK9lTWegbIxvJ29XcFJ313gZePl9dX7dfyuBrITFh3aJ04o4jDaNfY2BjbmNv5AKk5CaapuNm7WdqqXLqXm0xb02vea-p8GgwuzDM8M6yMzN6tN-1CPWB92o32_jn-Rq51TndOjW7T_tg-4O73rvj_zF_W7-uv_eo4qxsxcmQdBfcHqEg23QrQAAAAAA

My passive tree / gems are slightly tweaked from OP. I took Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics + Quartz flask which brings me to 56% dodge chances and 40% spells dodge chances. When i will be done with uber lab i will be up to 56% dodge chances and 50% spells dodge. BUT when i throw my Vaal Grace im up to over 85% to dodge spells and physicals hits !

Currently i have 4K hp and i'm not dying to anything even big breaches. (And yes im kicking breaches lords asses)

I think i will need tweaks here and there to do the guardians and the shaper.

Some quick notes i gathered from leveling the char :

- I played with mana pots until ~70
- Get The Wasp Nest claws until you can get Touch of Anguish
- Don't play with Elemental Focus since you will not be able to shattered mobs
- The build only starts to really kick in after level ~75 (At least for me)
- The build is really fun, fast and agressive but it can be expensive when you want to start doing red maps. It's not that cheap after all.

So that was my 50 cents. Thanks OP for the guide i'm having a blast so far!

Feel free to share your opinions on my tweaks.
"
maclarca wrote:

I'm doing tier 8-9 pretty well.
Currently running inc crit strikes. I'll don't use elemental focus, for the last link I'll use cold penetration or damage on full life.
Currently have 5 ex to buy ToH and 6L belly. Also I'm thinking about the shaper gloves. I think they can be useful and they can give a large boost of dmg

hi, how did you make 5ex, not even in red maps? Or you did lab and sell enchants? Thanks!
What would you recommend using as endgame weapons if touch of anguish is a bit out of reach?
"
divinity wrote:
"
maclarca wrote:

I'm doing tier 8-9 pretty well.
Currently running inc crit strikes. I'll don't use elemental focus, for the last link I'll use cold penetration or damage on full life.
Currently have 5 ex to buy ToH and 6L belly. Also I'm thinking about the shaper gloves. I think they can be useful and they can give a large boost of dmg

hi, how did you make 5ex, not even in red maps? Or you did lab and sell enchants? Thanks!

Chaos recipe for the first few items. Then identify all items and sell it at 1-2-3c.
I've done about 10 ex now
"
nocx13 wrote:
Level 85 currently in Harbinger and i'm having a fun time.

Doing all red maps up to tier 13 (Didn't get higher yet) without a problem. Trashes are getting frozen and shattered without any issues and bosses are melting pretty fast as well. I don't have the greatest gear but i managed to get a decent gear so far since the start of the league.

Thanks for your 50 cents , Have you test Increase crit strikes over cold damage , If so which one would you go over , or have you found that your current 6 link works the best ?

I can't seem to make up my mind on my 6 link setup.

And with your skill tree , could you not save your self a point by removing that + 10 dex above Celerity and the one about GraceFul Assault ?
"
Kajean wrote:
Evasion is terrible unless you go full evasion stacking on everything + Jade+Stibnite flasks. Might as well go a 4.5k health Queen of the Forest build if you care about evasion. This build tries to stack as much HP as it can (albeit not very much due to being a ranger and needing the DPS nodes in tree) and just leech back the life you lost instantly. If you map without Elemental Focus you will pretty much freeze every single mob in the map without it having a chance to fight you unless they use projectiles. For projectile monsters you have CWDT - Immortal call and then you leech back to full when you reach them.

Your worst enemies in this build are things that one shot you (thank god Volatile is nerfed) and chaos degen damage. I took the chaos degen resistance pantheon to mitigate the chaos issue as well as using Atziri's Promise instead of Wise Oak (Wise Oak was nerfed this patch).

Question for you - you feel like you have enough crit?

I see you're not running ICS and you don't really have any crit on your gear outside of Starkonja's and weapons. With a similar setup (I actually have more crit from gear), I sit at around ~43% crit without ICS socketed. I think that comes out to approximately ~77% crit with power charges and diamond flask up.

That seems kind of sketchy. You feel Ice Bite/Added Cold are worth the crit loss?
"
asmox wrote:
"
Kajean wrote:
Evasion is terrible unless you go full evasion stacking on everything + Jade+Stibnite flasks. Might as well go a 4.5k health Queen of the Forest build if you care about evasion. This build tries to stack as much HP as it can (albeit not very much due to being a ranger and needing the DPS nodes in tree) and just leech back the life you lost instantly. If you map without Elemental Focus you will pretty much freeze every single mob in the map without it having a chance to fight you unless they use projectiles. For projectile monsters you have CWDT - Immortal call and then you leech back to full when you reach them.

Your worst enemies in this build are things that one shot you (thank god Volatile is nerfed) and chaos degen damage. I took the chaos degen resistance pantheon to mitigate the chaos issue as well as using Atziri's Promise instead of Wise Oak (Wise Oak was nerfed this patch).

Question for you - you feel like you have enough crit?

I see you're not running ICS and you don't really have any crit on your gear outside of Starkonja's and weapons. With a similar setup (I actually have more crit from gear), I sit at around ~43% crit without ICS socketed. I think that comes out to approximately ~77% crit with power charges and diamond flask up.

That seems kind of sketchy. You feel Ice Bite/Added Cold are worth the crit loss?

I recommend using Path of Building. When I enable Diamond Flask and Power Charges I have 68.19% crit chance. These are the DPS contributions of those gems as a 6th link:

- Increased Crit Strikes: 13.5% more DPS (increases crit chance to 82.8% chance to crit)
- Increased Crit Damage: 29.7 more DPS
- Added Cold Damage: 32.4% more DPS
- Ice Bite: 35.5% more DPS

Ice Bite and Cold Damage are almost twice as powerful as increased crit strikes. You do not need 80%+ crit. You attack too fast with this build to care. Crit damage gem is also stronger than the crit strikes.

For any of you asking for which gems are stronger, you really should just use Path of Building.
Last edited by Kajean on Aug 9, 2017, 10:41:10 AM
Uhh so yeah the 80c weapons is out of reach what would be a good replacement?
How is the single target bossing damage for this build? I've heard a lot of mixed things, was hoping someone that's further progressed could share their thoughts. Will this be viable end game farming guardians/shaper?
"Belly Of The Beast relatively cheap" Was this an attempt at humor?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info