[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
805066 wrote:
Bad build, i waste time i die like mouse.

For newbies that don't understand the game and boss mechanics, i recommend to do a marauder or duelist build. I follow this build since Harbinder and i know that i can facetank everything, Shaper, Guardians, Atziri, Izaro, anything.
The section about the gear to aim for seems like a bit lack luster (do we really still play with ToA and not some 350physDPS/400ele claws?) Maybe you could add some high end options (enchantments for survivablity/dmg, other armors (the perfect form seems to be better than a belly if you dont pick phase acrobatics) or Darkray Vectors for speed runs etc. (I appreciate all the work you already put in the build just to maybe add some ideas (especially on the weapon part, what mods/elder/shaper mods would you recommend to look out for if you would use a yellow claw) Also rings like the taming seem very appealing.

I am also wondering if you could all in with an abyss build with a lot of jewels etc. I also think you can drop FB later on and use elder gloves like these https://imgur.com/a/Z5k4n and go 6L molten strike (changes jewels to molten strike projectiles) and so on.

Last edited by Sabotagerabbit on Dec 30, 2017, 4:22:43 PM
"
peluke wrote:
"
805066 wrote:

For newbies that don't understand the game and boss mechanics, i recommend to do a marauder or duelist build. I follow this build since Harbinder and i know that i can facetank everything, Shaper, Guardians, Atziri, Izaro, anything.

With what specs?
Just curious. I'm not sure if I should drop dodge nodes for HP and kinda struggling with elder guardian (eradicator) :(
Does Carnage Heart's leech works with the full elemental conversion?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Nishrek wrote:

no, you use carnage heart for other purposes, atributes( you will have lack of intelligence and strenght), resistances and leech speed. Extra damage while leeching is cool too. With this item you can afford better rings.
IGN Pixelexer
Was just wondering, what's the gem link setup if you're using tombfist gauntlets?
Nevermind, found your reply to someone else on the matter :)
Last edited by JamieBunpup on Dec 31, 2017, 10:11:04 PM
"
peluke wrote:
"
805066 wrote:

LOL :)
"
pixelix wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:

no, you use carnage heart for other purposes, atributes( you will have lack of intelligence and strenght), resistances and leech speed. Extra damage while leeching is cool too. With this item you can afford better rings.

Well, that sucks :/ I can't find good items with life and feel squishy without Life on the amulet. I shudder to think what my HP will look like if I change my Starkonja for helmet without life (there are no good life helmets with FB enchant, which I can afford)

"
In 5l you sub out Hypothermia ( NO ICE BITE IS NOT BETTER) AOE/Trash use Ancestral Call - Bosses Sub in Ruthless

Can you explain why Hypothermia is better than Ice Bite?

Ok, my gear Any pointers?

"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

I use shaper touch (+40% melee damage +100 life), run without totem (vaal haste/grace)
Use CWDT ice golem, blood rage and frostbite because lazy
"
Nishrek wrote:

Can you explain why Hypothermia is better than Ice Bite?

According to https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chill: When we hit the enemy for at least 0.33% of maximum life we chill them for 2 seconds.
If we assume that the enemy is a guardian with approx. 10 000 000 life then we need to hit them for 33 000 to chill them. If you are lvl 95 with completed uberlab and have invested at least 4ex in this build your average hit should be more than 33 000 against a guardian. Now if the enemy is chilled and you have 7 frenzy charges then Hypothermia adds 39% MORE damage and Ice Bite adds 174-264 Cold damage. At that point you should have enough damage so that 39% MORE is actually more than added 174-264. If something is wrong pls correct me.

"
Nishrek wrote:

Ok, my gear Any pointers?

Try to get both ToA with 40% increased Crit chance and Stygian Vise + jewel with added cold dmg to attacks and life like this:

Also random 6link with life and resists around 1ex would be nice dmg boost even if it lowers your life.

Happy 2018 and have fun frostblading :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info