[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
xodrul wrote:
I'm also using that Lycosidae shield but am thinking about dropping it for a res/life/es one.. still only at T6-7 maps.. maybe I'll need it as I progress

Hegemony is playing this build too if anyone is looking to see it in action

Yes hege is playing a little different version, but yes he is also streaming this build.
Live now on Frostblades. strand spamming with "aura bot"
Daresso's Passion makes leveling a lot easier. Combined with the weapon that gives chain when held in main hand (cant remember the name) brought me very comfortable to level 68.

Overall this is a very funny and cheap starter build. All my gear cost me about 100 chaos (this includes 6linked dual res life chest). HO tooltip dps is 27k, while no gem has reached level 20 yet and none has quality.

Unfortunately i'm struggling with int and strength requirements heavily. Also i am very low on life. I also dropped VP and it feels a little bit smoother. Travelling there cost me too much points.

reported by cuck
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Mar 14, 2017, 5:31:50 AM
I haven't unlocked all my t15s yet but I just got done crushing multiple Abyss maps (including a twinned variant) and I wanted to share my Frost Blades Pathfinder dodge variant to the thread. Even with my life pool, I simply do not die to anything unless it is volatile and I don't notice. I've been cruising through the atlas with frost blades and I'll definitely, DEFINITELY continue to play this in 3.0 as it is the most fun I've had (2-4 min map clears depending on map, satisfying skill).

"

Bosses are surprisingly easy to take down with crit and freeze and don't take long at all (obviously not as fast as poison or barrage builds, but fast enough to keep my map clear speed low, especially considering how fast I clear all the trash in a map). I really do recommend utilizing frost bomb and ancestral protector on bosses. You guys should also try using The Gull over Starkonja's as the bonus ele resist and life shrines are insane defensively, and the acceleration shrine just makes your clear speed craaaaaaaazy.
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
I haven't unlocked all my t15s yet but I just got done crushing multiple Abyss maps (including a twinned variant) and I wanted to share my Frost Blades Pathfinder dodge variant to the thread. Even with my life pool, I simply do not die to anything unless it is volatile and I don't notice. I've been cruising through the atlas with frost blades and I'll definitely, DEFINITELY continue to play this in 3.0 as it is the most fun I've had (2-4 min map clears depending on map, satisfying skill).

"

Bosses are surprisingly easy to take down with crit and freeze and don't take long at all (obviously not as fast as poison or barrage builds, but fast enough to keep my map clear speed low, especially considering how fast I clear all the trash in a map). I really do recommend utilizing frost bomb and ancestral protector on bosses. You guys should also try using The Gull over Starkonja's as the bonus ele resist and life shrines are insane defensively, and the acceleration shrine just makes your clear speed craaaaaaaazy.

I like your take on this :)
"
souljaboi25 wrote:

"

Nice. looks similar to my frostblade pathfinder concept.
I would think claws of the pride>claws of the falcon. but, also looks like that is where you are going next.
Would grab arrow dancing as well.
2.6 hyrri's is absolute beast. that thing is going to skyrocket in value, when a streamer gets around to making a build off it. Frostblades or iceshot are both the obviously choices.

Roll knockback on one of your magic flasks. try it, you wont go back.
I don't think fight for survival is worth losing 7% life jewels.
The problem with Hyrri's for me is that losing +life hurts so much for a Ranger that already has bad access to life passives. I have no issue with clear speed or single target against bosses in T11-T15 without Hyrri's and this build is not a guardian/shaper farmer in any sense, so the extra damage is mostly wasted. I think you pretty much have to use a life chest or belly in this build. It is too squishy otherwise and evasion/dodge sucks.

That being said, no matter how much life you stack, you still are gonna have a shit amount of life with this build and you are going to die to unexpected volatiles and shit like that. I love this build otherwise though. I'm about to hit 95 and it's a really great map clear build. It's just held back by life limitations of being a ranger and the CI tree sucks for this build.
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
"
xodrul wrote:
I'm also using that Lycosidae shield but am thinking about dropping it for a res/life/es one.. still only at T6-7 maps.. maybe I'll need it as I progress

Yes hege is playing a little different version, but yes he is also streaming this build.

wasn't trying to steal your thunder.. just mentioning it because you said you haven't been streaming FB
"
xodrul wrote:
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
"
xodrul wrote:

wasn't trying to steal your thunder.. just mentioning it because you said you haven't been streaming FB

All good brother ;) I made a starter build for people to build apon. Im always welcome to hearing new ideas on how to make it stronger!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info