Cons:
Ele reflect
Not so good boss damage
Very little leech

Gear:
Spoiler

You need these to make freezing pulse good. They are cheap any way

Recommended uniques:

Other than that, just max your resists and get high energy shield. Use a dagger for crit chance, spell damage and the ability to use whirling blades.

Possible: Doryani's Invitation. It gives resists, cold damage and a bit of cold leech on top of 10% chance to freeze during flask effect. It gives no energy shield though

Links:
Spoiler

Freezing pulse > Spell echo > Increased crits > Increased crit damage >
Last 2, pick 2 of these: Added cold damage/Controlled destruction/Empower/Life leech/Hypothermia
Personally I use Added cold for 5th hypothermia for 6th
-
Herald of ice - Ice bite support - Curse on hit - Assasins mark
This will give you both frenzy and power charges
-
Orb of storms - Power charge on crit - Curse on hit - Warlord's mark
Since there's no life leech warlord's helps a lot against bosses. It also keeps up power charges during bosses.
-
Whirling blades/Shield charge - fortify - faster attacks
-
Vaal haste - Discipline - Enlighten/leveling gem/increased duration
-
Summon lightning golem - Anything else is up to you, i put cast when damage taken and vortex currently

My gear 3 days into the league - for example:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAYAAPMVFAB3-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmRUe1BOQi1aYpT548jHZrt4V97DiFe2ZUgpsy0evuHNyPGnyDES0snBBYr5sFQkGWrrPQ9Uyz0B_v6yBuUDDbXi0fHU81uRFQpyttGdlbGyVLrukCIvRsC5Mnf8aio1F0jummmQ_EO3y4ysHF7BgsvxXXhq5WY4_60NBfag5IXfIqC3BSidOMNp7Epr5TNVBCKwoDHh9B62MRL7VIbWwPqxa_JIvDOio4m7WExRmKlwbEot-YYlrndMEA9Uu-Or6KytO0DKEv6roNfOv18h25k8MJqLkMUu1hnHsCltJ8km68VgAAAAAA

or

www.poeurl.com/8I8

Leveling:

35 pts
64 pts
85 pts

Instruments of virtue > Righteous providence > Inevitable judgement > Augury of penitence
Inevitable judgement is massive as it allows crits to ignore resistence.

Freezing pulse disappears after a set amount of time. If have faster projectiles that means it can travel further, making your clear speed better.

Bandits
Spoiler

Point
Cast speed/point
Power charge

You can use this as a league starter. I did it and just leveled with spark until I could afford 2 first snows.

My other build guides:
Spoiler
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Mar 16, 2017, 3:23:08 AM
Last bumped on May 12, 2017, 4:27:50 PM
Im really into FP after seeing First Snow. What are the Cons of this build ? My plan is going hybrid first then switch to CI if I can afford some decent ES gears.
Currently playing LameBlast totem Inq but Im feeling boring AF :(
Last edited by maplehell on Mar 6, 2017, 10:16:18 PM
hi!

I can't see the tree link... I keep getting an error.
Here:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAO8VFAB145_53YuMwJoJqtn8wGZFR7UE5CIpT9Wma7eFfZ48jHbsOIV7ZlSCmzLR6-4c3I8afIMRLSycEFivmwVCQZbQ9a6zTLMgblAw217QH-_rLR8dTzW5pysRUG0Z2VsbJUuu6QIi9GwLkyd_xqKjUXSO6aaZD8Q7fLjKwcXsGCy_FdeGrlZjj_rQ0F9q6_XDCbmT8h2-iqEvytO0DOq6DXxTNVBCjDaJ03BSKgtd8isKES_rYwMeH0G1SG1s53TBAPVLvjoPqxa_JIvDOio4GYqXBsSi35hiWpu1hMUCltJ8km68Vu1hnHuouQxSAAAOAAACAAfQAQH0AQIDBwAAAA==
"
maplehell wrote:
Im really into FP after seeing First Snow. What are the Cons of this build ? My plan is going hybrid first then switch to CI if I can afford some decent ES gears.

Ele reflect rares- same for most cold non elementalist builds, always carry a sapphire flask imo
Can you link standard tree from pathofexile.com ? Im at work and poeplanner is blocked for me
:(
Can you post a leveling tree, please?
I've been playing a similar freezing pulse build to start legacy. Life based right, will switch to CI when I have the currency. Wouldn't Hypothermia be a better 5th link than added cold? You get a 39% more multiplier on chilled enemies which is basically 100% of the time with FP, except on freeze immune bosses. Those are few and far between and you can swap out a slower proj/added cold and ele focus for freeze immune bosses.

Running a Tabula with links Freezing Pulse > Spell Echo > Controlled Destruction > Inc. crit strikes > hypothermia > faster proj (for QoL clear speed until I get 20Q FP gem, will swap with inc. crit damage then).
Fixed the tree link sry the forums were being glitchy
"
maplehell wrote:

The downside is the boss damage is kinda bad and it has little to no leech so sometimes you have to wait for es to recharge. Either that or you can place down your orb of storms.

Ele reflect can be a pain at low es or not max res but currently i have 7k es and don't die to it anymore. You just have to be careful to not hit it more than once.
Personally i switched to CI around 4k es. It's just whenever you're comfortable with it.

"
maxineji wrote:
Can you post a leveling tree, please?

Added some, it's kind of straight forward though

"
pupple816 wrote:
I've been playing a similar freezing pulse build to start legacy. Life based right, will switch to CI when I have the currency. Wouldn't Hypothermia be a better 5th link than added cold? You get a 39% more multiplier on chilled enemies which is basically 100% of the time with FP, except on freeze immune bosses. Those are few and far between and you can swap out a slower proj/added cold and ele focus for freeze immune bosses.

Running a Tabula with links Freezing Pulse > Spell Echo > Controlled Destruction > Inc. crit strikes > hypothermia > faster proj (for QoL clear speed until I get 20Q FP gem, will swap with inc. crit damage then).

Hypotherima is absolutely good but personally i don't use it because it wouldn't really help on the first hit. Generally 1 echo will 1 hit packs even at t10s. Very good for most bosses though. 39% is a lot but added cold probably adds maybe 20%?
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Mar 7, 2017, 11:36:59 AM
I am actually running a similar build (but dual curse), and I'm planning to take the Consecrated Ground ascendancy nodes instead of the other two, from defensive standpoint I believe this makes a lot of sense, because these nodes give you:

40% Increased Damage
25% Increased Attack / Cast Speed
4% ES Regen/sec
4% Mana Regen/sec
***Immunity to Elemental Status Effects***
(Minor but still nice) 4% Health Regen/sec for your golem. If you were ZO and not VP (Wouldn't recommend) this would become ES regen.

This is always up because it lasts 8 seconds and occurs 25% on kill, 25% when hit from Asc, on demand from a Sulphur Flask (Overflowing is Sulphur base), and if you decide to wear it, Gifts from Above will drop the ground whenever you crit, which I plan on using once I can get my other resists sorted.

I am also grinding currency towards buying Death's Door and the elemental status immunity counteracts Death's Door downside (50% increased duration of status ailments). So the build would essentially be elemental status immune, chaos immune via CI, and bleed immune because of Death's Door.

Gearwise I am actually using a +%spell crit, +%spell damage, +flat cold (FP has 125% damage multi), and +projectile speed wand. I am also using a Victario's Acuity instead of Halcyon which is both cheaper and I believe may in fact be better since it helps with power charge maintenance, and gives you frenzy charges which I otherwise have no way of generating (so 12% MORE multiplier, to say nothing of the AS/CS benefits), as well as the additional projectile damage / speed from the amulet.

**EDIT: I see you link HoI with Ice Bite... that is a great idea for frenzy generation that I hadn't thought of.

I am also using Voidbringer gloves for the ES and crit, though at some point once I get high enough ES elsewhere I might try out Hrimburn so that my cold can also apply ignite, and I have more %elemental damage than I do straight cold damage so it double dips the burn.

I'm only level 78 but so far I am loving it; great clear speed and freezelock bosses to death. Elemental reflect is a huge pain in the ass though.
Last edited by Kartikeya on Mar 7, 2017, 3:35:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info