I am being Hacked, I need help immediately

"
trailslayer wrote:
Update: I have managed to regain control of my account through basically outsmarting the Hacker at his own game, and through (thankfully) the GGG emails that are automatically sent to you when your password / email is changed.

Through this method, I was able to find out the email address of the hacker, log into the account with HIS email and change it BACK to my email address, change the password before the hacker could as he was engaged in stealing my things and not securing the account.

As you see....you got the email address , logged in and changed the email address,

exactly as the hacker did, ( you hacked it too)..so it shows he had access to your email account to be able to login

I cannot see anyway to log into any account without an email ( as you are saying he didnt enter your email address)
especially as the hackers are using a client to hack into many accounts, they would have to change the email/password for every attempt
Last edited by Freewendy on Feb 23, 2013, 8:56:03 PM
Update: Roughly 24 hours after regaining control of my account from the hacker, changing all the information to clean secure information it seems Grinding Gear Games has locked the account. So, all of my currency has been robbed, half the items and when GGG initiates action the only one they are preventing access to the account is myself, the account owner.

The login screen states: Account locked, Please contact support for assistance.

I contacted support when I was being hacked, and am still waiting for assistance there. This is looking like it's going to be a long drawn out process. I will update further as the issue concludes. Wish me luck
Ign:Sinisterdeeds
"
trailslayer wrote:
Update: Roughly 24 hours after regaining control of my account from the hacker, changing all the information to clean secure information it seems Grinding Gear Games has locked the account. So, all of my currency has been robbed, half the items and when GGG initiates action the only one they are preventing access to the account is myself, the account owner.

I contacted support when I was being hacked, and am still waiting for assistance there. This is looking like it's going to be a long drawn out process. I will update further as the issue concludes. Wish me luck
Not sure if anyone gave you any useful advice. I know there's plenty of useless rats like Lasko floating around that will do nothing but blame you.

Sadly in this case you most definitely were either phished or had a keylogger sometime in the past. They got access to your email and most-like thought to do nothing with it until they noticed you were playing PoE. I know there's quite a a few ways that these filthy perps exploit that information, but usually it's sold to a group that sifts through your stuff for any form of profit and sells it to someone more specific. Someone who uses PoE stuff got hold of your info, and cashed in on your loot.

You were right to change all your personal information. That is usually the most you can do. It happened to me about two years ago and I opted to use unique passwords for every site I use. Each password with a twinge that is loosely related to the site that is easy for my twisted mind to remember.

You will not get your items back. They don't recover stolen goods due to some crap about duping of items. I'm sure the number of people to continue playing after getting hacked is staggeringly low due to that sort of stance. This tells me that they can't track either trading or the items themselves, or that they simply don't care to. That would be enough for me.
Last edited by Hakusan on Feb 25, 2013, 12:36:52 AM
"
Hakusan wrote:
"
trailslayer wrote:

Not sure if anyone gave you any useful advice. I know there's plenty of useless rats like Lasko floating around that will do nothing but blame you.

Sadly in this case you most definitely were either phished or had a keylogger sometime in the past. They got access to your email and most-like thought to do nothing with it until they noticed you were playing PoE. I know there's quite a a few ways that these filthy perps exploit that information, but usually it's sold to a group that sifts through your stuff for any form of profit and sells it to someone more specific. Someone who uses PoE stuff got hold of your info, and cashed in on your loot.

You were right to change all your personal information. That is usually the most you can do. It happened to me about two years ago and I opted to use unique passwords for every site I use. Each password with a twinge that is loosely related to the site that is easy for my twisted mind to remember.

You will not get your items back. They don't recover stolen goods due to some crap about duping of items. I'm sure the number of people to continue playing after getting hacked is staggeringly low due to that sort of stance. This tells me that they can't track either trading or the items themselves, or that they simply don't care to. That would be enough for me.

Sup bro, checking in to explain why you stupid again! So lets say I'm an ultra hacker and I steal 20 exalted orbs from you. Then I use those 20 exalted orbs, and I buy some pretty bitching armor with it. Then I take that armor, and I trade it for a sweet ass weapon. The guy I gave the orbs to for the armor uses them to buy a sweet unique helm that makes him look like a badass.

How is GGG supposed to diffuse this in a reasonable matter? Force everyone to trade back, make the orbs disappear? Keep in mind they only have like 17 employees, and they really don't have time to sort through the events every time someone like you can't keep their account secure.

If you aren't going to play anymore, why do you even post? It's like you have a vendetta against GGG because you don't know anything about computers. They don't even sell classes bro.
"
Hakusan wrote:
"
trailslayer wrote:

You know, the only difference in respect to 'blaming' between what you've said and what any of us "rats" would say is that you're 'sad'.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
This issue has been resolved, I was refunded nothing as policy states. I was only assured that they are pursuing not only my case but every case and are determined to terminate any account guilty of theft.

I am optimistic about the future, but as far as this experience is concerned it was miserable to go through, it set me much further back in the game than I'd like and I hope no one ever has to go through something like this again.
Ign:Sinisterdeeds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info