I am being Hacked, I need help immediately

At this point, the account lock feature has me locked out of my own account. It's acting as a safeguard to the hacker, who is now inside the account and makes it impossible for ME to get back inside. As far as the system goes, I am now viewed as the one who is penetrating anothers account.
Ign:Sinisterdeeds
Last edited by trailslayer on Feb 23, 2013, 7:12:20 AM
Update: So far the losses were a high roll, 5 linked Darkscorn bow, a high ES Vaal regalia 5 link chest, 15 gemcutters, 2 exalts, 30 chaos orbs, 20 something fusings, 1 regal, Mainhand weapon and high ES shield are unknown as I cannot tell if my character is just simply weapon swapped, or if my first set of weapons is removed entirely.

I believe I have stalemated the hacker, with no help or even contact from GGG. I can now only sit here and wonder how long it will be until I am put into contact with someone who can help me, and if they can resolve this BEFORE the hacker finds a way back in and finishes up.
How come you know the changed e-mail?

To me it looks like a poorly executed scam attempt.

to op, if the hacker got access to your email account and so got access to your email containing the unlock code your account is lost.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Hilbert wrote:
How come you know the changed e-mail?

To me it looks like a poorly executed scam attempt.

... I can't even begin to grasp at your stupidity

This guy here that got hacked is part of our map running group, we're one of the lucky few that has been running high level maps on a daily basis. This isn't a scam, he just transferred any times remaining to our shared-group account for safe keeping.

And please if you have no useful input at all, don't even bother speaking up. Kthxbye
Currency Rate [IMPORTANT]

18 chaos = 1 exalt = 6gcp
Only accepting these 3 types of currencies. Sorry for any inconvenience.
and a big fish got caught.

I got hacked too. This is so sad.
Update: I have managed to regain control of my account through basically outsmarting the Hacker at his own game, and through (thankfully) the GGG emails that are automatically sent to you when your password / email is changed.

Through this method, I was able to find out the email address of the hacker, log into the account with HIS email and change it BACK to my email address, change the password before the hacker could as he was engaged in stealing my things and not securing the account.

I am extremely uncertain if the account is fully back under my control or not at this point, Grinding gears has still yet to contact me or show any interest in helping me at all.

I have lost a great amount of wealth and items but am still left with enough of my original gear to still remain optimistic about rebuilding myself. I cannot begin the rebuilding process without GGG looking into this, and assuring me that my account is no longer penetrated.

Please GGG, you're giving me the horrifying realization to what "At our leisure" means. I have done everything in my power to stop the theft and regain my account, it is now your turn to come in long after the fact and at least tell me if I am safe now or not. Sincerely your paying customer who has been supporting you through development until open beta now -Trailslayer

"
trailslayer wrote:
Update: I have managed to regain control of my account through basically outsmarting the Hacker at his own game, and through (thankfully) the GGG emails that are automatically sent to you when your password / email is changed.

Through this method, I was able to find out the email address of the hacker, log into the account with HIS email and change it BACK to my email address, change the password before the hacker could as he was engaged in stealing my things and not securing the account.

I am extremely uncertain if the account is fully back under my control or not at this point, Grinding gears has still yet to contact me or show any interest in helping me at all.

I have lost a great amount of wealth and items but am still left with enough of my original gear to still remain optimistic about rebuilding myself. I cannot begin the rebuilding process without GGG looking into this, and assuring me that my account is no longer penetrated.

Please GGG, you're giving me the horrifying realization to what "At our leisure" means. I have done everything in my power to stop the theft and regain my account, it is now your turn to come in long after the fact and at least tell me if I am safe now or not. Sincerely your paying customer who has been supporting you through development until open beta now -Trailslayer

The reason you have not received a response is because it is the weekend in New Zealand. The offices may be closed until Monday at 8AM NZ time. It is not because "no one cares". Also the reason your email and account were hacked is because you used the same password for both. Remember, they must be unique and hard to guess passwords. I recommend using KeePass. I use 20 character completely randomized passwords and I have not had this issue.
My email address was never hacked, nor is it or has it ever using the same password as my account on this game.

The person Changed the email address associated to this account to his own, he never entered mine. Also, if GGG will accept my money on the weekend, I'd like to expect their time.
This hack occurred at late night early morning NZ time, when staff were asleep ( so few staff so little time) I know how sickening this is, but it's hard for GGG staff to control every aspect of the game 100% at all hours at the moment being so small.

It's still the weekend and I'm sure this has been read now and followed up on, though you may not hear much about it personally

They are really trying, spending many hours getting fixes in place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info