The Wise Oak Mechanics Explanation

question, the flask gives 10% reduction to the lowest uncaped res how much in Max res would that be if i had 75 res, like 80?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
Fyndel wrote:
question, the flask gives 10% reduction to the lowest uncaped res how much in Max res would that be if i had 75 res, like 80?

It depends on how much existing Reduced Damage Taken you have. I have a few examples posted earlier in the thread if you want to slog through that.

If you have no other RDT, then 10% RDT = 10% LDT, which is about +2.5% max resists.

With vanilla Fortify, 10% RDT = 12.5% LDT, which is just a touch over +3% max resists.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
WanJiew wrote:
IF YOUR RESISTANCE IS "70%" in merciless, which is considered "uncapped", using this flask gives you additionally 35%, doesnt it then make it "capped" resistance? or does the elemental resistance given by the flask dont apply to the math? please dont nerf it now when I mention this.

Uncapped means "without a cap", not "below the cap" (that would be under-capped). What that means is, it looks at your Resistance values as if you didn't have a cap; the relevant values are shown on the character sheet in parentheses.
"
WanJiew wrote:
ok so this flask looks awesome! but!!

IF YOUR RESISTANCE IS "70%" in merciless, which is considered "uncapped", using this flask gives you additionally 35%, doesnt it then make it "capped" resistance? or does the elemental resistance given by the flask dont apply to the math? please dont nerf it now when I mention this.

Your resistances are:

Element Capped (Uncapped)

E.g.

Fire 75% (100%)
Cold 75% (121%)
Lightning 75% (98%)

All are capped at 75%.

Cold is the highest uncapped @ 121%, so you get more damage for that. Lightning is the lowest uncapped, so you get protection for that. If cold and lightning were both 100% you'd get protection for both.
"
Saevan wrote:
"
WanJiew wrote:
ok so this flask looks awesome! but!!

Your resistances are:

Element Capped (Uncapped)

E.g.

Fire 75% (100%)
Cold 75% (121%)
Lightning 75% (98%)

All are capped at 75%.

Cold is the highest uncapped @ 121%, so you get more damage for that. Lightning is the lowest uncapped, so you get protection for that. If cold and lightning were both 100% you'd get protection for both.

so to utilize it at best, you want like 74% in merciless?, aka 134 then and then ull get 10%rdt of those elements? and also penetrate thos elements?
"
WanJiew wrote:

so to utilize it at best, you want like 74% in merciless?, aka 134 then and then ull get 10%rdt of those elements? and also penetrate thos elements?

Nope. Did you read Vipermagi's post up above? You want at least 75% in merciless, preferably 109% in the parentheses for all resistances in Merciless (169% in the parentheses for all resistances in hideout), and then you'll get 10% RDT of those elements and also penetrate those elements. You could have 76% in the parentheses Merc/136% Hideout, 77% or 137%, etc. etc. 199% in the parentheses works as well. So does 233%. So does 75%. So does 1%.

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
WanJiew wrote:

I was originally confused about the terminology as well. "Uncapped" doesn't mean "Undercapped" (less than75%). A good way to look at Uncapped is: "What would my resistances be if there was no cap?" Basically, it's the number in parentheses.

In the perfect scenario, they'd all be the same. So, if you're standing in your hideout and looking at the Character Sheet (C button by default), you would see:

Fire 75% (169%)
Cold 75% (169%)
Lightning 75% (169%)

Without any other modifiers (curses, other resist flasks) you'd be getting the offensive and defensive bonus to every element.

Personally, I think Pohx used this flask in the most efficient (though not the most min-max) way. He was playing a fire trapper, and his resistances were something like:

Fire 75% (169%)
Cold 75% (160%)
Lightning 75% (160%)

I made the actual values up because I can't remember, but basically, he didn't have to work too hard to get his cold and lightning resists to match, so they both got the defensive bonus, while he made sure fire was higher than both of them so it would get the offensive bonus.
Last edited by ToBeSomebody on Mar 31, 2017, 2:26:41 PM
If i have:

79 F
78 C
78 L

im going to need

113 F
112 C
112 L

res to get the bonus to all three elements ?
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
If i have:

79 F
78 C
78 L

im going to need

113 F
112 C
112 L

res to get the bonus to all three elements ?

No. You simply need the number in parentheses to match for all three elements. This could mean 199% all, 133% all, 44% all, 75% all, 79% all - whatever floats your goats.

Im at 154% res all uncapped, im pathfinder and id love to use:

The problem is i cant sort out another utility flask. Maybe if we get another +2 ascendancy points in 3.0 then this flask will become super insane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info