[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
JuzJungler wrote:
Quick question, in your PoB it says 4 blue sockets for Scold's. Is that right (and in which case, which gems?) or is it 3 red 1 green you want?

It's 3 red and 1 green for the CWDT set up with BV - inc duration - IC.

Probably in PoB he forgot to change it.

If you check the gems links in his PoB, its written "helmet".
Last edited by Feurn on Jan 10, 2018, 6:11:52 PM
Hey there, quick question.

Since 3.1/Abyss league's been out for a while, are there any more updated suggested equipment? Such as Lightpoacher or Darkness Enthroned? What about jewel setup? Besides Intuitive Leap, are there any other must have jewels? Are there any suggested abyss jewels??
Do you need Enlighten Support on level 4 or does 3 work as well? Don't really want to spend exalted orbs on this gem.
"
Clayne wrote:
Do you need Enlighten Support on level 4 or does 3 work as well? Don't really want to spend exalted orbs on this gem.

You can do it with lvl 3
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
@RicoKGB , Which of the two discharge helm enchantments would you recommend for mapping? And which one for doing bosses like uber lab / atziri / guardians etc?

Despite the fact it was anserwed like dozens of times by many different players in this thread (and theres search function yay) just think for the moment. This build uses kingsguard and endurance charges as its main and only source of healing. Theres only one good helm enchant this build can benefit from. Same goes for any mjolner build that relies on kingsguard healing mechanics. You need your charges to be consumed. Otherwise you wont heal.

Edit: I really nead to add FAQ section in the guide...

Edit2: Added FAQ section in the guide... added final flask setup in the guide...

I think an honorable mention has to go to the RF added spell damage enchant. I've been using it to good effect and the best part is you can find it cheap.
I've been playing this build for only a few days but i already feel it's one of the best builds i've played. I finally managed to do guardians deathless (so far only did Hydra and Minotaur)

At this point all i want to know is if you guys have any suggestions on what i could do to improve my gear. (Maybe enchantment-wise too)

This is what i have for now

This is the character in case you want to look at the jewels (i need the res to have equal fire and light for wise oak)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jonzalo/characters?characterName=RoccoScrub

Thanks for the help!
"
I've been playing this build for only a few days but i already feel it's one of the best builds i've played. I finally managed to do guardians deathless (so far only did Hydra and Minotaur)

At this point all i want to know is if you guys have any suggestions on what i could do to improve my gear. (Maybe enchantment-wise too)

This is what i have for now

This is the character in case you want to look at the jewels (i need the res to have equal fire and light for wise oak)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jonzalo/characters?characterName=RoccoScrub

Thanks for the help!

- You could upgrade with a Scold's Bridle for more DPS (but lower your clearing speed).
- Trying to get elemental weakness on hit with Repetance. Since you dont have it you should use the set up Vengeance - Curse on hit - Ele weakness on the boots. Better than burning dmg on RF.
- Corrupted Mjolner is good +2 range for easy proc on clearing trash.
- Elemental penetration enchant on the boots is BiS imo for bosses. We do enough dps VS trash.
- Getting lvl 20 purities for more res (even 21 is better.) While corrupting gloves, i got +1 all skill giving me lvl 21 purities. Discharge lvl 21 is giving a nice DPS boost too.

- Getting 20% quality on gems would help a lot (especially faster attack, discharge, cyclone..).
- Dont forget the second hand set up with Arcane surge - IC - inc. duration - Efficacity. Massive DPS boost.
- Flame golem (which i dont see you using it) gives like 20% inc. damage.

I'm now trying to craft a shaped belt ilvl 84 with at least 17% CDR to get the trigger time of mjolner down to 210ms. With 4,5 APS it should give 5 discharges/sec like RikoKGB is saying in his build. It should give like 130k more dps which is insane. Since i have good gear, im trying min/maxing the build because i'm loving it :)

Sorry for my bad english and i hope it helps.
Last edited by Feurn on Jan 11, 2018, 7:57:57 PM
"
Feurn wrote:

- You could upgrade with a Scold's Bridle for more DPS (but lower your clearing speed).
- Trying to get elemental weakness on hit with Repetance. Since you dont have it you should use the set up Vengeance - Curse on hit - Ele weakness on the boots. Better than burning dmg on RF.
- Corrupted Mjolner is good +2 range for easy proc on clearing trash.
- Elemental penetration enchant on the boots is BiS imo for bosses. We do enough dps VS trash.
- Getting lvl 20 purities for more res (even 21 is better.) While corrupting gloves, i got +1 all skill giving me lvl 21 purities. Discharge lvl 21 is giving a nice DPS boost too.

- Getting 20% quality on gems would help a lot (especially faster attack, discharge, cyclone..).
- Dont forget the second hand set up with Arcane surge - IC - inc. duration - Efficacity. Massive DPS boost.
- Flame golem (which i dont see you using it) gives like 20% inc. damage.

I'm now trying to craft a shaped belt ilvl 84 with at least 17% CDR to get the trigger time of mjolner down to 210ms. With 4,5 APS it should give 5 discharges/sec like RikoKGB is saying in his build. It should give like 130k more dps which is insane. Since i have good gear, im trying min/maxing the build because i'm loving it :)

Sorry for my bad english and i hope it helps.

Im considering trying this build and was looking at the option for a shaped belt with CDR aswell. I was wondering how you plan to get the required attacks per second with cyclone for 5 discharges per second? Changing from Scolds to Devoto's only puts me at about 4 APS and according to the guide you need at least 4.5 APS to get the benefit from the CDR.

I guess you could get a bit more from jewels or putting on a silver flask, but it's still quite a bit of extra attack speed needed. Im wondering how the attack speed was reached in Harbinger league aswell. Was the attack speed on The Flow Untethered enough?

Really cool build, hope someone can help me :)
"
Le_Grille wrote:

Im considering trying this build and was looking at the option for a shaped belt with CDR aswell. I was wondering how you plan to get the required attacks per second with cyclone for 5 discharges per second? Changing from Scolds to Devoto's only puts me at about 4 APS and according to the guide you need at least 4.5 APS to get the benefit from the CDR.

I guess you could get a bit more from jewels or putting on a silver flask, but it's still quite a bit of extra attack speed needed. Im wondering how the attack speed was reached in Harbinger league aswell. Was the attack speed on The Flow Untethered enough?

Really cool build, hope someone can help me :)

Yes i'm wondering too. Some tweaking on the tree, sacrificing some health nodes for attack speeds, jewels and 21/20 faster attack (or 23%) maybe.

Edit : just tried with the attack speed nodes "Berserking", + 1 jewel 3x attack speed and a 20/23 faster attack and i get 4,54 APS with cyclone in PoB. Had to sacrifice some health. But honestly im sitting at 5,3k life and facetanking most bosses.
Yes in harbinger attack speed from tfu belt was helping to reach required aps. Together with Devotos and Berserking nodes.

But as I said before - dont overreact with that aps. 4.5+ is needed to do exactly 5 diacharges / s but with 4.3 aps for example you will do 5 diacharges in 1.15 sec. Still bettet than being capped at 4 diacharges per sec.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jan 12, 2018, 2:21:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info