[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
Ha...sure, I didn't look at your gear. I like to keep my builds <5 ex all in, and 3 is even better. I find that forces me to work at being a better designer and player, which is what I need at this stage.

This build is extremely cheap this league, you can get it to work with under 5 and maybe under 3 ex if you are careful.
But it will start to feel a lot more comfortable and smoother with certain perks like corruptions. but in general the spell gear and even the 6L are 20c items.
Is there an updated PoB link for this build? The skill tree link still 3.6 is it still accurate?

Also what would be good leveling skill to lvl up for this build? Thanks!
"
Therrinian wrote:
This build is extremely cheap this league, you can get it to work with under 5 and maybe under 3 ex if you are careful.
But it will start to feel a lot more comfortable and smoother with certain perks like corruptions. but in general the spell gear and even the 6L are 20c items.

Yes, I'm currently leveling a Chieftain version of this. Having fun with an Oni Consecrated Path Chief and wanted to try something Cyclone that wasn't quite fotm. Definitely doable for 4-5 ex. I will already have most of the gear so might level the Jugg after that.

Some corruptions - at least for the Chief version, are pretty insane. Some you just flat out can't get, or if you can find them they are in the 10 ex range. I will never be into that, but appreciate that it's part of the fun for a lot of folks! (I did grab the AoE corrupt on Mjolner though, as that was quite reasonable...)

Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 23, 2019, 10:46:01 AM
"
RexZShadow wrote:
Is there an updated PoB link for this build? The skill tree link still 3.6 is it still accurate?

If you don't see one up front, just check the PoB for someone running the build this league...

"
Also what would be good leveling skill to lvl up for this build? Thanks!

First page has a short piece on leveling gear. Facebreaker is fun with Infernal Blow. I ran it to ~50 in a Chieftain Mjolner. I was just building to Mjolner and not for leveling, so ran into some issues at about 50 - starting Act 8. At that point I switched to Consecrated Path, still with the Facebreaker, and added a CoH Warlord's. Those two things got the offense and defense to a place where I could easily finish leveling to Mjolner without doing any kind of respec.

Keep in mind that was a Chieftain, so this guy will be a little different. Somebody here may be able to point you to detailed leveling guide for the Jugg. I think it will still depend a lot on how much respec you are willing to do.
I didnt use the leveling guide, just went sunder took a few phys damage nodes I reset later and kept upgrading my weapon for 1-2 chaos and breezed the content
Hey fellow mjolner user
I'm looking for some improvement for my char.
ATM I'm farming T15 pretty easy, but corrupted T16 guardians are pretty hard (except hydra).
So it would be nice if someone can look over my char "My_Mjolneer_Path" and tell me some ways to improve it.

https://pastebin.com/xcNzj9cP (not 100% sure if its correct)
i got this idea to use doedre's elixir greater mana flasks to roll more charges, because that "you take 10% of your max life as chaos dmg on use" counted as a "hit" thus trigger jugg ascendancy that let him gain endurance charges every sec after getting hit, and with all the mob pack on my map flasks is almost up all the time, oh and it also trigger cwdt + immortal call lvl 20, this is good imo well at least for me
"
MyPath wrote:
Hey fellow mjolner user
ATM I'm farming T15 pretty easy, but corrupted T16 guardians are pretty hard (except hydra).
So it would be nice if someone can look over my char "My_Mjolneer_Path" and tell me some ways to improve it.

A quick look at your character.

Remove precision.
Swap helmet and enchant (removing charges enchant)
Chest links: Cyclone - CoH - EW - Fortify - LGOH (I dont use Vengeance)
Don´t need "Reduced mana cost of skills" and "mana"
CWDT + Immortall Call + Blade Vortex + Controlled Destruction.
Remove Utmost talents (are 10 points) and get stats in another way.
Add quality to gems (First CD + EF (Mjolner))

ATM all content cleared.
"Sorry for my bad English"
"
MyPath wrote:
Hey fellow mjolner user

Most importantly you dont have cooldown reduction on your belt, you must have at least 14%.
That is a huge leap in discharge rate, which in turn produces your healing too. Also I recommend getting a romira's with a corruption, the extra crit that is on it now is actually hurting you. You can get corruptions like 6% increased str + 6% increased int. That should go a while to help you meet the stat requirements. Also your rare ring as mentioned before needs a lot of work. I recommend replacing it all-together. your amulet is near minimum roll for the implicit, just slap a few blessed orbs on it to make it +24 that should also help you with your stats.

Remove all the nodes around arcanist dominion, they are inefficient or harmful like the crit.

you should also make sure your cyclone attack speed (after delivering a crit due to undeniable ascendancy) is as close to 7.5 as you can get, maybe by adding blood rage.

However I must point out that going over the necessary Attacks Per Second is a VERY BIG DPS loss. Because you lack the cooldown reduction on your belt Mjolner's internal cooldown is 150 ms, this means you need to be at 6 APS, you are currently at 6.98,so you are losing a huge load of DPS by wasting half of the cooldowns. SO either drop to 6.06 APS, or get a shaper belt with cdr and get 7.5 APS. That should be a real game changer and help you down T16 guardians without much trouble.
Last edited by Therrinian on Jul 25, 2019, 4:18:30 AM
"
Bintorung wrote:
i got this idea to use doedre's elixir greater mana flasks to roll more charges, because that "you take 10% of your max life as chaos dmg on use" counted as a "hit" thus trigger jugg ascendancy that let him gain endurance charges every sec after getting hit, and with all the mob pack on my map flasks is almost up all the time, oh and it also trigger cwdt + immortal call lvl 20, this is good imo well at least for me

The increased charge generation is nearly negligible from this.
Consider that you are discharging 6x a second (because you forgot the 15% cooldown reduction belt). You use the flask, get charges, + Jugg charges. they all are instantly discharged. Then you wait for a few sec before you use it. that means that you discharged 6x per sec waiting to use it again.
lets say you use the flask every 3 sec you gain extra charges for 1/(3x6)= 0.056 = 5.6% of the time.

And don't forget you are also gaining frenzy charges, those do cold damage, that means your discharge will be cold, fire and lightning damage.
This will break your elemental equilibrium thus doing +25% to all resists instead of -50% to fire and lightning. This is not as bad as losing equilibrium, its worse... the fact that you gain 1 charge per sec after taking damage as jugg is not enough to offset that equilibrium is fighting against you.

Also I noticed that in PoB you have 9.1 APS, this means you are doing a LOT less damage then if you had 6 APS, you need to drop a lot of attack speed for the cyclone hits to sync up with the availability of the Mjolner trigger. If you replace your belt with a 14% cooldown reduction belt you need a bit more, 7.5 per sec but thats still much less then what you have now.

TL;DR
Lose the flask for better DPS.
Fix APS for much better DPS
Last edited by Therrinian on Jul 25, 2019, 4:09:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info