[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
gabrion2 wrote:
"
tharivd wrote:
I just switched to discharge and got ring with 1-2 cold damage and I'm wondering if that actually works with EE having such low damage?

If I understand your question correctly, the amount of cold damage shouldn't matter. The point is that if your attack hit only does physical+cold damage, then it will proc EE's reduction to Fire and Lightning resist - the two types your discharge will be doing.

"
JCOH35 wrote:
The watcher's eye will shine on the endgame bosses such as elder, shaper, uber elder etc, and yes its extremley noticable, hence the 10-40ex pricetag.

Sorry to be dense, but can you explain a bit further? Is the reasoning because you are still taking a lot of physical damage at that point? IE you can't count on up time of Immortal Call to save you?

Or is it more that those auras, because of their +max res, are so good defensively for a build that is often immune to physical damage (ie shoring up the "weak point), and by extension, the Watcher's Eye jewel is good specifically because the auras are so good (at the phys to elemental conversion just happens to be the best option that exists on Watcher's Eye for those auras)?

Ya im not sure where you are getting this idea that our immortal call proc will give you prolonged immunity to physical damage. It will proc from time to time and save us from some spike damage but the shaper can still easily 1hit you with a teleport slam or the elder can do the same with his tentacles, or the minotaur guradian can 1hit you etc. IC is nice in the lab and on trash mobs like porcupines but it doesnt just make you immune to physical damage like you are thinking for bosses for long periods.

This builds weakness is physical mitigation, fortify and immortal call are nice but you can still absolutely be 1shot by strong physical damage in end game by shaper/elder/minotaur etc, however you can also laugh at it. The shapers teleport slam does about half of my life with my hp and mitigations whereas other people in the thread still get 1shot by it.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 6, 2018, 6:52:04 PM
I've seen this build for a few leagues and finally decided to try it. how up to date is the leveling section? so far I've just been doing 2H mace sunder. its fine i guess but a little boring. Considering going blade flurry like OP did, its it going to be noticeably worse? whats some good leveling weapons to get me to 66 from 39?
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
I've seen this build for a few leagues and finally decided to try it. how up to date is the leveling section? so far I've just been doing 2H mace sunder. its fine i guess but a little boring. Considering going blade flurry like OP did, its it going to be noticeably worse? whats some good leveling weapons to get me to 66 from 39?

I used 2hand sunder aswell with more of a focus on 2hand/physical nodes and just respecd them later, wpn wise get The Cauterizer, its op lower lvs.
"
JCOH35 wrote:

Ya im not sure where you are getting this idea that our immortal call proc will give you prolonged immunity to physical damage. It will proc from time to time and save us from some spike damage but the shaper can still easily 1hit you with a teleport slam or the elder can do the same with his tentacles, or the minotaur guradian can 1hit you etc. IC is nice in the lab and on trash mobs like porcupines but it doesnt just make you immune to physical damage like you are thinking for bosses for long periods.

This builds weakness is physical mitigation, fortify and immortal call are nice but you can still absolutely be 1shot by strong physical damage in end game by shaper/elder/minotaur etc, however you can also laugh at it. The shapers teleport slam does about half of my life with my hp and mitigations whereas other people in the thread still get 1shot by it.

Gotcha. To be clear, I haven't fought shaper or guardians yet, so that's why I needed more perspective on it. I'm running a variation (mentioned earlier in the thread, many mechanics are the same, but using dual Poet's Pens instead), but have only gotten through T12 maps and Uber lab. I did get a nice "Righteous Fire grants 30% increased spell damage" on my scolds from my second run tonight though.

In any case, based on what you've said, I may have invested in the wrong Watcher's Eye, but I guess time will tell what the build is actually up to handling.
"
gabrion2 wrote:
"
JCOH35 wrote:

Gotcha. To be clear, I haven't fought shaper or guardians yet, so that's why I needed more perspective on it. I'm running a variation (mentioned earlier in the thread, many mechanics are the same, but using dual Poet's Pens instead), but have only gotten through T12 maps and Uber lab. I did get a nice "Righteous Fire grants 30% increased spell damage" on my scolds from my second run tonight though.

In any case, based on what you've said, I may have invested in the wrong Watcher's Eye, but I guess time will tell what the build is actually up to handling.

Np, you can clear all the endgame content without one, it just makes life easier and allows you to safely facetank, worst case scenario you can always dodge a mechanic. I never had one when I first killed the Shaper on this build, I just manually avoided his teleport slam.

4 or 5 of us in the thread also got ours for under 100c, if your vigilant about checking poe.goods and always question people without a buyout you have a good chance at finding someone who doesnt know the value, its hard to afford 20ex at once.
Buying cheaper WE with one aura but high roll at the beggining is also a good idea. Its 6% life as well after all.

Just to add my 2 cents to what JCOH35 explained there are also several map bosses that deal large number of physical dmg in one shot. Im talking Palace Dominua touch of god, Core Malachai slam, Summit boss leap slam, Malformation Piety beam, Maze Vaal Oversoul slam, Vaal Temple/Uber Atziri bosses, Uber Izaro.

Immortal Call activates after damage was allready taken. So running into those phys dmg spikes, especially with non or few endurance charges can be dungerous. Palace Dominus touch of god is about 13k pure phys dmg hit when he crits for example.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Mar 7, 2018, 12:41:14 AM
God I miss my standard juggernaut......I had forgotten how gimp I was at the start of abyss without a Volls or Inyas.

Slowly getting there though, have 2 brittle emperor cards and just going with windshriek boots for awhile.

I was very lucky pulling an exalted in the bath house on day 2 but that went to 5 linking my Kingsguard and coloring it 3R 2G, sadly it took me a good 400 or so chromes leaving no leftovers.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 7, 2018, 1:12:20 AM
How do I look at the build? that pastebin thing looks rubbish
"
Ulfhednir9 wrote:
How do I look at the build? that pastebin thing looks rubbish

You need path of building app to import pastebin code. This will create build wirh items, jewels, passive skill tree and gems inside it.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
gabrion2 wrote:
"
tharivd wrote:
I just switched to discharge and got ring with 1-2 cold damage and I'm wondering if that actually works with EE having such low damage?

If I understand your question correctly, the amount of cold damage shouldn't matter. The point is that if your attack hit only does physical+cold damage, then it will proc EE's reduction to Fire and Lightning resist - the two types your discharge will be doing.

Yes, if you deal any cold dame EE will proc, but will it happen if it roll 1 cold damage and mob mitigates, let say 40-50%? Not sure if damage is always integer and how rounding works here, but I suppose when cold damage will be rounded down to 0, EE wont proc. This is my lack of trust to this ring :), so I will change it soon.

I was also considering upgrade Magnet to
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tactician
for stats/reses, but it has 50-60 increased critical chance - will it really matter for Romiras mechanic to loose charges?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info