Will Obama go to Jail?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2017, 8:04:10 PM
Not sure why he's repeating the same thing multiple times in there. Also pretty big accusations to do without any formal proof.
Good way to get the media and population to look away from Pence doing the same thing Hillary did (when Trump promised to send her to prison). Gotta give him that, he's great at creating confusion and changing the focus.
He absolutely will not be convicted, much less jailed. Obama got warrants through the FISA courts. I think the judge(s) responsible should be impeached, but as outrageous as this is, it wasn't illegal.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 4, 2017, 2:06:22 PM
He won't go down for this, but maybe for funneling billions of dollars to enemies of the state?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
No.

Obama won't go to prison.

Trump won't get impeached.

Hillary isn't going to get LOCKED UP. (Even though of all 4 of these people she far exceeds anything bad they've done)

And Jeff Sessions isn't going to go to jail.

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 4, 2017, 2:33:20 PM
Did we really need another pro Trump thread? The guy is stupid beyond help...he said Sessions wont recuse himself right before Sessions recused himself.
From my experience, these scandals come in one of two forms:

1. The kind that gets shared around the right-wing blogosphere* and talk radio, and never gets beyond that. This kind is typically your insane conspiracy theories and baseless conjecture, i.e. "Obama is secretly a Kenyan Muslim" or "Obamacare contains death panels". You know, the kind of shit that never, ever, ever has legs. Because if it did, someone outside the right-wing blogosphere would have picked it up.

2. The kind that eventually makes it to the mainstream media. This kind generally has some legs, because if the mainstream media is willing to pick up on it, that pretty much guarantees that there's something to it - they, unlike sites like the Daily Signal and Breitbart actually have reputations that demand that they don't just make shit up. This includes things like the IRS targeting political groups.

So, you'll have to excuse me if I don't really bother with this until the reporting moves past the right-wing partisan hacks at Breitbart. Until it does, I'll just count it in the same category as "Obama's secret gay past".

*Note: the same applies to the left-wing blogosphere. See also: 9/11 truthers, antivax morons, the guys claiming Trump raped a 13-year-old
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 4, 2017, 4:26:07 PM
"
From my experience, these scandals come in one of two forms:

1. The kind that gets shared around the right-wing blogosphere* and talk radio, and never gets beyond that. This kind is typically your insane conspiracy theories and baseless conjecture, i.e. "Obama is secretly a Kenyan Muslim" or "Obamacare contains death panels". You know, the kind of shit that never, ever, ever has legs. Because if it did, someone outside the right-wing blogosphere would have picked it up.

2. The kind that eventually makes it to the mainstream media. This kind generally has some legs, because if the mainstream media is willing to pick up on it, that pretty much guarantees that there's something to it - they, unlike sites like the Daily Signal and Breitbart actually have reputations that demand that they don't just make shit up. This includes things like the IRS targeting political groups.

So, you'll have to excuse me if I don't really bother with this until the reporting moves past the right-wing partisan hacks at Breitbart. Until it does, I'll just count it in the same category as "Obama's secret gay past".

*Note: the same applies to the left-wing blogosphere. See also: 9/11 truthers, antivax morons, the guys claiming Trump raped a 13-year-old
This "glorious reputation" media caste you're talking about doesn't exist. Everybody lied about Iraq, everybody is lying about Russia, not long ago CNN lied about PissGate. They know you've already put PissGate out of your mind. They do not need to worry about reputation because they know the sad truth: their customers don't have the attention span for it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 4, 2017, 4:41:06 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Did we really need another pro Trump thread? The guy is stupid beyond help...he said Sessions wont recuse himself right before Sessions recused himself.

He said he shouldn't, not that he won't. Smart people like you should see the difference.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This "glorious reputation" media caste you're talking about doesn't exist. Everybody lied about Iraq, everybody is lying about Russia, not long ago CNN lied about PissGate. They know you've already put PissGate out of your mind. They do not need to worry about reputation because they know the sad truth: their customers don't have the attention span for it.

I must have missed the report where CNN lied about PissGate. I recall where they accurately brought up that the CIA briefed Obama and Trump on the story. I recall Buzzfeed publishing an expose on a real document that probably should have been vetted more carefully and which was still conjecture. I have no idea on what basis you claim "everyone is lying about Russia" - I guess I missed that one.

My memory on Iraq is foggy, but yes, that is a black mark against the media. Many of them too eagerly went along with stories the government were peddling, and didn't do due diligence in checking. I'd say the drastic shift in coverage during the war redeems them somewhat. Unlike certain other channels.

But you can talk about the track record of the mainstream media, from my experience, the above division holds pretty darn true. The right-wing blogosphere makes a lot of shit up. Of any given article you find posted on Daily Signal or WND, it's 50/50 odds (okay, with WND it's a lot closer to 99/1 odds) that the story is either made up out of whole cloth or drastically misrepresents the situation. I don't get that from the mainstream media. I just don't. Any given article on the New York Times or CNN or MSNBC is not as likely to be false as true. Given how prolific these networks are, the number of errors are low, and the number of errors based in outright fraud far, far lower. And of the Obama scandals, pretty much every single one that actually had legs made it to the mainstream media. That still leaves a massive amount of nonsensical bullshit that people believe to this day. The shit that never made it to the mainstream media.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 4, 2017, 6:54:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info