How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Rockstopper wrote:
After 3 years of playing, I finally reached level 100 for the first time, with a life-based SRS Necromancer. It seems fitting I reached this long-time goal in Legacy. It may very well be the last time. I didn't expect the grind past level 97 to be this brutal—the last time I attempted this was back in Perandus, before the changes to high level experience penalties of 2.3. Level 99 alone took over 500 t11—15 maps, which probably represents an unhealthy time commitment to one character when you average 5 minutes per map.

Still, I can't say I didn't enjoy the journey. I didn't follow a guide and most likely ended up with a less than optimal character, but it felt versatile, and capable enough to handle the majority of content up until t15. I earned all 36 of my challenges with it. Boasting over 9k life, decent flat PDR% provided by Soul of Steel and a Chaos Golem, and 79/78/78 elemental resistances, it's also one of the safest characters I've played.

Gear used at level 99:

The Covenant was the first central piece I acquired. The added damage from the level 15 Added Chaos support proved to be ultimately negligible and insufficient to compensate for not using a more traditional +3 staff/bow setup. Blood Magic was the real perk, as it meant I could cast my spirits freely at any time, with no reliance on mana.

The alternatives would have been to use a Vagan-crafted staff or use Vaal Clarity. I really like the Whirling Blades playstyle so I stuck with my setup.

I chanced the Baron pretty late. Being able to stack STR and gain life and damage for my spirits was a pretty sweet deal I could not pass on. I even ended up using an Efficient Training jewel for the massive STR boost.

I used Advancing Fortress as my 1-hander for the longest time, but ultimately settled on an Aurumvorax since it covered my resistances and allowed me to focus on more life on the rest of my gear.

The rest of the gear is pretty unremarkable. I had no luck crafting decent jewelry with Essences of Fear, so I used a Minion Speed support instead of Elemental Focus. The latter is optimal for damage, but having the frequent chills from spirits supported by Hatred was nice too.

I really enjoyed this character. I don't remember who it was here who said that SSF is all about long-term goals but I can definitely agreed on that. There was always something for me to grind towards every time I logged on and I think it helped keeping me interested in the league longer than usually. I'll probably roll a Scion of some sort for the remainder of the league, more casually this time.

thats very impressive, I always have hard time grinding through the last 3-4 levels. I run a very unsafe build atm but I have acuired alot of good items already in ssf. I have pretty much all the items you linked here and even better rares at some cases (except for that sick talisman). I think I might roll a similar character inspired by you :)

Drop of the day:

"
Rockstopper wrote:
Spoiler
After 3 years of playing, I finally reached level 100 for the first time, with a life-based SRS Necromancer. It seems fitting I reached this long-time goal in Legacy. It may very well be the last time. I didn't expect the grind past level 97 to be this brutal—the last time I attempted this was back in Perandus, before the changes to high level experience penalties of 2.3. Level 99 alone took over 500 t11—15 maps, which probably represents an unhealthy time commitment to one character when you average 5 minutes per map.

Still, I can't say I didn't enjoy the journey. I didn't follow a guide and most likely ended up with a less than optimal character, but it felt versatile, and capable enough to handle the majority of content up until t15. I earned all 36 of my challenges with it. Boasting over 9k life, decent flat PDR% provided by Soul of Steel and a Chaos Golem, and 79/78/78 elemental resistances, it's also one of the safest characters I've played.

Gear used at level 99:

The Covenant was the first central piece I acquired. The added damage from the level 15 Added Chaos support proved to be ultimately negligible and insufficient to compensate for not using a more traditional +3 staff/bow setup. Blood Magic was the real perk, as it meant I could cast my spirits freely at any time, with no reliance on mana.

The alternatives would have been to use a Vagan-crafted staff or use Vaal Clarity. I really like the Whirling Blades playstyle so I stuck with my setup.

I chanced the Baron pretty late. Being able to stack STR and gain life and damage for my spirits was a pretty sweet deal I could not pass on. I even ended up using an Efficient Training jewel for the massive STR boost.

I used Advancing Fortress as my 1-hander for the longest time, but ultimately settled on an Aurumvorax since it covered my resistances and allowed me to focus on more life on the rest of my gear.

The rest of the gear is pretty unremarkable. I had no luck crafting decent jewelry with Essences of Fear, so I used a Minion Speed support instead of Elemental Focus. The latter is optimal for damage, but having the frequent chills from spirits supported by Hatred was nice too.

I really enjoyed this character. I don't remember who it was here who said that SSF is all about long-term goals but I can definitely agreed on that. There was always something for me to grind towards every time I logged on and I think it helped keeping me interested in the league longer than usually. I'll probably roll a Scion of some sort for the remainder of the league, more casually this time.

Congratulations! nice effort. Your choice of Aurumvorax brought me back to my necromancer, my first character in PoE. That elemental resist is just too good to pass up for the rarity drawback.
Level 90... Probably highest I'll go.
Got 2 map chests in one run. Never seen that before. Was missing Cowards Trial.

Izaro and Gargoyles(Museum) can drop maps too:

Both pretty strong enchantments. Probably not going to use though:

Today is really fast layout. Sometimes nasty traps which are somewhat dangerous even for my build. Most I can just brute force though.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
I'm experiencing whole new levels of packet loss and ping spikes;

I don't even know how that happens. W/e. Still dying lots, rerolling lots, and having a good time.
Summoner curse is still here

Despite that:

And third:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I'm experiencing whole new levels of packet loss and ping spikes;

I don't even know how that happens. W/e. Still dying lots, rerolling lots, and having a good time.

Did this (I mean the spike/s not the picture) happen inside town?
I also got loading(?) spikes in town sometimes - probably when a player enters. And I usually have very low stable ping of ~40 during gameplay outside of town.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
after 700 fusing (and just 20 chaos)

managed to kill atziri

a good ring

other stuff equipped atm

no actual plans on these:

my atlas is at 90 now (planning to complete all), doing tier 12 maps... and really enjoying SSF :)
There are 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count & those who can't
[first read on Jarulf guide to d1 :D]
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Did this (I mean the spike/s not the picture) happen inside town?
I also got loading(?) spikes in town sometimes - probably when a player enters. And I usually have very low stable ping of ~40 during gameplay outside of town.

I get them everywhere, I literally have third world internet so can't blame GGG. Just thought it was weird that it would let me walk around town without loading Tarkleigh.
Finally!

So i can say One key, one exalt and one div for this league.

Alos

Selling them soon.

EDIT

I used my keay and...

Useless to me.

On the other hand Cadiro sold me this:

EDIT2
And this:

Its not very powerfull but hell... There are so many ways that ES could be regenerated that i will use it as soon as i get decent shield (300+ES).

And last EDIT
Last edited by de99ial on May 1, 2017, 5:08:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info