How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Just made a new char. Want to try crit bow. Will see if it works out. Lvl 17 now.

--

For getting gear grinding ("GGG") alched T5/T6 (dunes/mesa, strand) is IMO good enough. You will get "all you need for as many chars as you want". (T5 == 72 is the "resist breakpoint" for rare items.)

--

"
Doomstryver wrote:
Anybody got any suggestions to rescue this character?

Use jewels with resists?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Just made a new char. Want to try crit bow. Will see if it works out. Lvl 17 now.

--

For getting gear grinding ("GGG") alched T5/T6 (dunes/mesa, strand) is IMO good enough. You will get "all you need for as many chars as you want". (T5 == 72 is the "resist breakpoint" for rare items.)

--

"
Doomstryver wrote:
Anybody got any suggestions to rescue this character?

Use jewels with resists?

Godamn. Of course lol. I may farm some easy alts on simple maps to roll these. Also was looking at the tree and saw there is an easy 55% stun resistance while casting I can get which will get me to just over 75% effective stun immunity whilst casting which should help eliminate some of the terrible feeling. Can just spec out of it once I have my stun situation sorted.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
First time drop for me, right after nerf:

First time from regular Atziri:

5 tabs of various uniques including 4 tabulas (only one from cards). Probably only 5 eidt - 6!) uniques in all that worthy of introspection:

And 2 Bellys, which is good because I seem to prefer playing life builds lately.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Apr 19, 2017, 9:35:34 AM
It was going okay until the merc act 4 piety encounter. With my 4 link melee guy, there's just not enough dps to keep up with the fast spawns and avoid the laser. Was lucky to TP out in time. Need a 5 link.
I have reached Tier 15 yesterday,

I am still not level 90 though, as I die a lot to one shot mechanics. Yesterday I opened a door, boom dead :D Didn´t even see it coming.

My gear is not too shiny, but I have managed to get the zombie jewel, my zombie mace and the zombie helmet. Hopefully I can find the golem jewel next and some good boots and gloves, mine are still from early merc days. No six link yet, no Vaal Regalia 84 either, they just don´t seem to drop for me, but I have three exalts and 100 chaos - stuff I would instantly trade for a six link vaal regalia :(

No relic key either, I wonder if they are still in the game... they must be as rare as mirrors. :(
"
kuukkeli wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
Well, I have the stuff to do Atziri or what the name is. Was going to wait until I leveled. But, now that my exp bar is at 0% perhaps I can try to give it a go. 3500hp though so it'll probably be bad.

I'm sorry but are you doing some sort of a "no life on gear" challenge run? In other words your gear is seriously lacking life.

EDIT: Looks like your build is lacking life as well (I usually play HC so I might be biased but 126% seems awfully low for melee even in SC).

Yea, its low. I am filling in the life nodes. I have max resists and I think my armor was quite high. I'm SSF so I'm stuck with using what I find/craft.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I'm noticing a theme here. All the sc players have awesome op shizniz and the hc people are running around in builds made of vendor trash. I need to do some serious thinking before next league.

SC lets you go balls to the wall on rippy stuff.

Like, get a rippy map. Add in Breach, Beyond and Onslaught.

Blam, the rippiest thing you can ever imagine. But the rewards are so great from it.

That and when the SSF game is all about finding stuff yourself, rather than just gathering the currency to buy what you need, then HC's safer playstyle (As well as losing loot on death) means you get much less farming.

Like, I think SSF HC is quite impressive. Being able to work with what you find and not die is a respectable achievement.

However, given how SSF works, I think it's more suited to SC so you can more easily gather and share items you find between your characters without risk of 1 death = all your good loot is rip.
My gems are finally starting to roll over to level 20. What... after about a month of play? About right for my playstyle. Now I need something else to look forward to. Guess getting a master to level 8 will be my next milestone.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 19, 2017, 11:22:48 AM
"
kuukkeli wrote:

EDIT: Looks like your build is lacking life as well (I usually play HC so I might be biased but 126% seems awfully low for melee even in SC).

And to elaborate on this, you suggesting I get more life nodes or more +life gear? I do have 12 passive refunds I can use. I tend to follow more on the damage than survivability.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
"
kuukkeli wrote:

And to elaborate on this, you suggesting I get more life nodes or more +life gear? I do have 12 passive refunds I can use. I tend to follow more on the damage than survivability.

There is no easy answer for your situation, because doing either right now is going to result in mediocre increase of health.

To get the most from health on your items, you need to get more life on the tree. To get the most from the life on the tree, you need to get more health on your items.

Thankfully, life gear is ridiculously easy to craft.

Go in a tier ~5 map and look out for high tier armor bases:
Astral plates/Enzomyte Helmet/leather belt (or rustic sashes)

Next, use alts on them until you get the highest tier life prefix and a resist suffix for that item. Regal -> Mastercraft and you are done.

As boots, i'd reccomend Kaoms roots if you have enough attack speed that your movement skill doesnt feel uncomfortable as your main mode of transportation. Kaoms roots are very easy to farm by chaining sewer/waste pool maps.

Then, shoot for 160-170% life on your tree. That should get you near 6k life in less than a day of farming.

Personally, i also think that your ascendency for this kind of build (block) is ill advised. If you'd have chosen gladiator, you could get more DPS, have less gear constraints and better clearspeed. And you'd still get the best of your current ascendency via an item (kaoms roots).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info