How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Finally killed normal atziri for the first time. Yesterday failed, dieing 2 times to trio, wasted one portal for loot and 3 deaths to atziti. Today killed her without dieing.
Starting to target challenges for that dank portal...

Used all my vaal orbs trying to get the 8mod maps done. Still have 4 tiers left. Absolute pain in the ass for SSF.
Only found a grand total of 2 remnants of corruption this entire league (level 91 + 87 charas), but I dropped a a nice essence stone that guaranteed my next 3 zones will contain one - so

Hoping to be able to corrupt one of the challenge essences, but knowing my luck I doubt I will see it.

Also, how the hell am I meant to do the warband leaders. I've only managed to unlock shipyard and everytime I go into that map the boss is always Susara of Pondium. Running warband stones whenever I can but only rarely see warband leaders.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
Last edited by Doomstryver on Apr 7, 2017, 6:07:24 AM
"
Doomstryver wrote:

Also, how the hell am I meant to do the warband leaders. I've only managed to unlock shipyard and everytime I go into that map the boss is always Susara of Pondium. Running warband stones whenever I can but only rarely see warband leaders.

There's a couple more warband bosses in maps, just keep unlocking...
Rest seems to be pure luck. Haven't found a leaguestone that spawns bosses, only found one of them so far that wasn't a mapboss.

I'm currently working on...
Invaders (30/36, keep getting the same ones over and over)
Beyond (5/6, Abaxoth just doesn't show up, even with double beyond)
Perandus (10/12, archive and locker missing)

Not really working on, but will eventually get...
Twinned maps (9/15)
Prophecy chains (2/4)
Onslaught bosses (4/15, I'll just add the onslaught stone to get it some day)
Unique maps (5/12)

I've given up on ...
Essences (1/4, need too many essences of corruption)
8 mod maps (0/15, have better uses for vaal orbs than to waste them on low tier maps)
Talisman (3/8, too much work, same bosses kept showing up)
...and of course the Endgame stuff (Shaper, Uber, Grind, 1000 maps)

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Doomstryver wrote:

There's a couple more warband bosses in maps, just keep unlocking...
Rest seems to be pure luck. Haven't found a leaguestone that spawns bosses, only found one of them so far that wasn't a mapboss.

I'm currently working on...
Invaders (30/36, keep getting the same ones over and over)
Beyond (5/6, Abaxoth just doesn't show up, even with double beyond)
Perandus (10/12, archive and locker missing)

Not really working on, but will eventually get...
Twinned maps (9/15)
Prophecy chains (2/4)
Onslaught bosses (4/15, I'll just add the onslaught stone to get it some day)
Unique maps (5/12)

I've given up on ...
Essences (1/4, need too many essences of corruption)
8 mod maps (0/15, have better uses for vaal orbs than to waste them on low tier maps)
Talisman (3/8, too much work, same bosses kept showing up)
...and of course the Endgame stuff (Shaper, Uber, Grind, 1000 maps)

Unique maps is quite optimistic. If you think about it the odds of getting a map you haven't run yet decreases the closer you get to 12/12. Or maybe I'm just salty because

Nearly got all the cards for a Mao Kun map though.
8 mod maps isn't that bad to be honest. You'll get it for T11-15 naturally as a result of atlas progress, for T1-10 just vaal white maps, if it goes rare and doesn't uptier you got an 8mod. Speedrun all the corruption fails to the boss and hope to get vaal gem/fragment. Chain common fragments til you get the rarer ones or vaal gems then do vaal orb recipe.
"
Doomstryver wrote:

Unique maps is quite optimistic. If you think about it the odds of getting a map you haven't run yet decreases the closer you get to 12/12.

While you're probably right about me being a bit optimistic here, it isn't 12/12, but 12/16. So the odds are a bit better (ignoring unique map drop rates in general). For the last map, it's 5/16, that's better than 1/12 (or 1/36 for invasion bosses).

About the 8 mod maps:
I barely have enough to vaal my unlocked maps. And they have the most stupid vendor recipe GGG has ever invented. 7 vaal gems + 1 fragment? How am I supposed to get 7 vaal gems on a regular basis?
Also, I still want a +1 EC belt. Another vaal orb sink.

If I ever manage to get double-digit vaal orbs, I'll start this challenge.
But I doubt this will happen before the league ends.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Doomstryver wrote:

Unique maps is quite optimistic. If you think about it the odds of getting a map you haven't run yet decreases the closer you get to 12/12.

While you're probably right about me being a bit optimistic here, it isn't 12/12, but 12/16. So the odds are a bit better (ignoring unique map drop rates in general). For the last map, it's 5/16, that's better than 1/12 (or 1/36 for invasion bosses).

About the 8 mod maps:
I barely have enough to vaal my unlocked maps. And they have the most stupid vendor recipe GGG has ever invented. 7 vaal gems + 1 fragment? How am I supposed to get 7 vaal gems on a regular basis?
Also, I still want a +1 EC belt. Another vaal orb sink.

If I ever manage to get double-digit vaal orbs, I'll start this challenge.
But I doubt this will happen before the league ends.

I would argue 12/13. Vinktar requires some serious luck to get, Perandus Manor on a similar level and HoGM is a fucking joke of a map (I ripped 6 portals on one earlier this league - fuck this map).
I might actually be able to run vinktar though...

The vaal orb recipe is pretty stupid, not going to lie. But I've not had any shortage of vaal orbs (until now). Theres a prophecy for an easy vaal orb from a vaal side boss, monstrous treasure + the ambush leaguestone giving you a 80% chance to drop a vaal orb from a strongbox as well as correct rolling of arcanists should keep you well stocked.

I don't think I've used more than 10 vaals on items, purely because if I have a vaal worthy item its too valuable to lose.
"
Doomstryver wrote:
Used all my vaal orbs trying to get the 8mod maps done. Still have 4 tiers left.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

You can Vaal Carto boxes to get the lower tier 8 mod maps.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Sometimes:

Within an hour.

Trying to craft a good claw:

500 alts and a few regals used yet. There is always a +5 mana on kill or a +7% fire resistance around the corner... Most depressing part of SSF

Decided to go SRS. Like it. It's better than zombies.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Doomstryver wrote:
Used all my vaal orbs trying to get the 8mod maps done. Still have 4 tiers left.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

You can Vaal Carto boxes to get the lower tier 8 mod maps.

Yep. However Carto boxes are a liiiiiittle bit too rare to make that a reliable source of 8mod maps. Definitely a solid plan if you're tight on vaal orbs though.
Just died to game crash. Pretty pissed off, was really enjoying the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info