How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Peterlerock wrote:

Why don't you just mastercraft life or resists?
Never had any trouble capping the resists SSF, even though I'm wearing a ton of uniques without resists.

Most of the gear I find does have both Life and Resists on. It's just, one of them will have a terrible roll. So I can't craft onto them... :(

Though... I'll get there eventually.

Edit:

Turns out I'm a dummy who didn't know I was going to be getting 28% resists from my Endurance Charges (In game tooltip on End Charges only states Physical Damage Reduction...)

Meaning that not only am I resist capped across the board, but I can swap out a couple of 0 life items for some more life (Provided I get not awful sockets...)
Last edited by Tarille on Apr 6, 2017, 4:49:35 AM
"
Tarille wrote:
and Chromatic Orbs hate me.

Just spent ~1000 chroms for 3G2B on a 5L Soul Mantle (mostly Vorici 1G)...
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Tarille wrote:
I'm slowly progressing in SSF.

Though... Gearing up is being a total nightmare... Seems all the loot I get either has decent resists on it OR decent life.

No inbetween... So I have to choose to cap resists or get much needed life for my RF Scion...

Also, every freaking weapon keeps being ruined by the stupidest amounts of flat fire damage. Like a 2-4 roll. God damn, I can't use it because EE game! (So many good % fire damage mods had to go to the vendor because stupid flat damage...)

Also, farming Prophecies to try and see if I can get some of my many uniques fated (Could really do with getting The Oak... At least until I can farm T9 Temple for RotP cards)

But yeah... That gear issue... Sitting at like 4.7k at level 77 with a TON of life nodes taken *Sigh* Not even resist capped across the board either (Like 75/75/63. Well, Fire is a bit higher due to cap increases because RF)...

At least I have enough regen to maintain RF at the moment. With Trickster and End Charge regen being net gain (It's just single target fights that suck... Not enough sustain there when it's like a pitiful amount baseline and then just Enduring Cry...)

On a side note... Everything has awful socket colours on... Still running 3L RF because no decent 4L's dropped and Chromatic Orbs hate me.

Oh well. Next few levels will be cool, working on Aura node to get my increased effect and mana reservation to the point where PoF will get an extra max resist % and I'll be able to run Flammability with Blas.

There is a method to craft off color sockets with jewelers. For 3-4 off color it's a lot cheaper than chromatics. For SSF it's also handy if you ran out of chrome but have a lot of jewelers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r0cOTar5jA
"
Tarille wrote:
I'm slowly progressing in SSF.

Though... Gearing up is being a total nightmare... Seems all the loot I get either has decent resists on it OR decent life.

No inbetween... So I have to choose to cap resists or get much needed life for my RF Scion...

Also, every freaking weapon keeps being ruined by the stupidest amounts of flat fire damage. Like a 2-4 roll. God damn, I can't use it because EE game! (So many good % fire damage mods had to go to the vendor because stupid flat damage...)

Also, farming Prophecies to try and see if I can get some of my many uniques fated (Could really do with getting The Oak... At least until I can farm T9 Temple for RotP cards)

But yeah... That gear issue... Sitting at like 4.7k at level 77 with a TON of life nodes taken *Sigh* Not even resist capped across the board either (Like 75/75/63. Well, Fire is a bit higher due to cap increases because RF)...

At least I have enough regen to maintain RF at the moment. With Trickster and End Charge regen being net gain (It's just single target fights that suck... Not enough sustain there when it's like a pitiful amount baseline and then just Enduring Cry...)

On a side note... Everything has awful socket colours on... Still running 3L RF because no decent 4L's dropped and Chromatic Orbs hate me.

Oh well. Next few levels will be cool, working on Aura node to get my increased effect and mana reservation to the point where PoF will get an extra max resist % and I'll be able to run Flammability with Blas.

I feel your pain. I have great drop for life build, but for CI, forced to craft the gear myself. Run out of exalt and regal right now,fail crafting. Those great es gear probably never drop. Also, stuck with last uber trial for almost 2 weeks already, unable to find that burning trial. Seriously, come on.
"
Sisaroth wrote:

There is a method to craft off color sockets with jewelers. For 3-4 off color it's a lot cheaper than chromatics. For SSF it's also handy if you ran out of chrome but have a lot of jewelers.

That's an interesting way to get multiple off-colour sockets. I'll definitely give that a go (Once I restock my Jewlers...)

"
Nuhanzer wrote:
I feel your pain. I have great drop for life build, but for CI, forced to craft the gear myself. Run out of exalt and regal right now,fail crafting. Those great es gear probably never drop. Also, stuck with last uber trial for almost 2 weeks already, unable to find that burning trial. Seriously, come on.

Oh god, the wrong build drops... I know that.

I got a pretty sweet 6L drop. But it was ES armour. So not only would that mean an ES build, which won't work with RF and CI, but it means no Shavronne's/Solaris to make low life work... (It was also corrupted too so limited workspace... Would have to try and fit things to the 2R2G2B setup it had...)

Also, I have 2 Chayula's (One legacy and one current... The only difference seems to be 17 vs 16 all stats?) which again... No bueno for life based build...

*Sigh*

At least I have my Belly (Though, annoyingly, item level 49... So I'd have to Vorici a 6L) and Soulthirst is pretty sweet, 72 life and 15 resists (Though, the reduced flask duration sucks)

But I'm doing well just farming T3-4's at the moment. That and hoarding leaguestones to go farm for The Sun cards in Solaris Temple with Breach + Onslaught (About 50-60 full clears. 0/7 cards so far!)
"
Tarille wrote:
That and hoarding leaguestones to go farm for The Sun cards in Solaris Temple with Breach + Onslaught (About 50-60 full clears. 0/7 cards so far!)

You got some idea about the drop rate? Because I have tried (long ago) and many others have tried. And all (that I know of) have failed. AFAIK you are better off farming Dried Lake than Solaris Temple if you want the shield. They (GGG) may have changed the card drop rates though so it may be different now. The maps in which it drops could also have higher drop rate. Wouldnt bet on it though.
I don't remember the exact amount of onyx amulets I chanced, but I'm sure it's less than 10. This just happened:

The game wants me to go CI. I'm currently hybrid Life/ES but I could safe so many skill points by going CI. Once I get better ES gear I'll consider it.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Reizoko wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

I'm doing fine without the jewel but it would be a nice addition to my build. Was just wondering if there's a way to get specific threshold jewels, but seems there isn't. No big deal, I'll get the jewel eventually if I just keep playing :)

I strongly suspect we'll see ways of getting skill-enhancing threshold jewels in 3.0. GGG have committed to them as a means of improving lower level skills to better handle higher end content. Not a bad move, but leaving them as random drops isn't going to do anyone any favours. After all, you surely remember when some skill gems and supports themselves were drop-only. Multistrike, Echo, and Greater Multiple Projectiles come to mind. That didn't last either.

I DESPERATELY want some Frozen Trails for my Vortex spammer, but I'm not relying on getting them.

Not sure how I feel about this. If they are too easily available they will simply become a mandatory addition and at that point they could just buff the skill themselves.
Last edited by Reizoko on Apr 6, 2017, 10:47:52 AM
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Tarille wrote:

There's a much cheaper method of doing this explained on reddit. About 6x cheaper.
"
But I'm doing well just farming T3-4's at the moment. That and hoarding leaguestones to go farm for The Sun cards in Solaris Temple with Breach + Onslaught (About 50-60 full clears. 0/7 cards so far!)

"The Sun" isnt a feasable way to get ROTP, chances are that thing will drop sooner or later anyways.

If it is a key item in your build, i'd probably do another build project before that one first.
SSF is all about rolling with what you have, instead of rolling what you want, with a few exeptions (WI for instance works perfectly fine for SSF).
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Tarille wrote:

There's a much cheaper method of doing this explained on reddit. About 6x cheaper.

? No idea what you mean - "reddit" is very large. The ~1000 chroms were very unlucky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info