How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

...thought I'd never unlock uber lab, then I found the 2 missing trials within 2 maps.
Keep on rocking, eventually, you'll get it. Always keep your prophecy tab cleaned up, "dream trial" certainly helps... :)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Mar 26, 2017, 7:20:47 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

nice wi chest! im jelly xd
also saving for a wi build xd need that damn amu :')

Remember there is a prophecy for Astramentis.

There's also a neat trick for chancing Onyxes.

Obviously put the base in your filter.
Collect chance orbs, use trash uniques to do the URMN 5 chance recipe.
Chance your white onyx bases.

Now, go to A1N on a character that gets all 3 colour gems for 1 wisdom each. I'm not sure exactly which classes qualify for this but it's not the way you would think, like I believe the Witch (pure int) can buy all 3 at 1 wisdom scroll, but Shadow (int/dex) has to pay a transmute (which is effectively 4 scrolls) for one of the colours (red?).

OK, buy 1 of each colour gem from Nessa, sell her your blue onyx from your failed chancing with the 3 gems and she gives you back a white onyx. The amulet you sell can be any base, but you will be filtering onyxes to chance anyway. Repeat.

Any onyxes that turn blue get recycled and chanced again, any onyxes that turn rare can be directed to your chaos recipe. Any onyxes that turn Chayula are 'Yey, Chayula'. Any that turn Astramentis are 'Yey, success'. Any that turn into the other unique onyxes are another 5 chances from URMN recipe. Any that turn into a good rare are, a good rare. Any that are rare but below ilvl 60 direct to the URMN recipe.

Polymath Drops in cruel Library already got 2

lucky :P have farmed like 100 runs got 0 xD so i stopped :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I have no idea how some of you are doing so well. I've just about had it.

Been following along this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995/page/1

but I can't cut it. I can do T4 maps. T5 I struggle. T6 is impossible. I will never level beyond 77. I can only do the first trial in Merc Labs. I tried the flame totem build, but got rather bored of it. Love the playstyle of a tanky character with a shield. poe.trade has a mace ten times better than the one I'm using for 1 alch. With that, I'll easily bump myself into T10 maps. SSF was fun at first, but the strain has been tearing away at me for a few days now.

I think next time I log on, I'm just going to merge everything over. This is my last season because my son will be born in the next league. Its going to suck finishing this season at T4 maps and level 77.

=/

I'd personally never start out with a one handed melee toon, because they are notoriously gear dependant. Especially the build you are following, i have not once dropped a Aegis Aurora, they are up there with Kaoms and Shavs in rarity.

However your character should be easy to fix up with just switching skills and where they are placed.

Switch to either earthquake or sunder, put it in your gloves -> pseudo 5 link. (or any melee skill with the AoE tag, say static strike.)

Another thing is, that for high elemental damage builds, you really want a brickton of ele penetration. If you dont, going for pure physical damage would be much more actual dps, even though you'd lose a bit of tooltip dps. (think that on average, without penetration 50% of your elemental damage gets mitigated)

I'd also say that gladiator would be vastly better as an ascendency than juggernaut is for a block build in SSF. You dont have the immensly strict gear requirements and can use whatever you want as a necklace and shield.
First time ever (prob) that I found a marble amulet:

And then I dropped this - also was looking for it:

No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
systemdown wrote:

Sorry to hear.. I had a quick look at your tree, I can't see any physical damage scaling - surely the build must dictate some kind of investment into damage for skills like Infernal Blow or Ice Crash?
Also, the Stone of Lazhwar amulet is listed as mandatory unique for your build for it's amazing spell block.
Without knowing whether you're struggling for damage and/or defenses (or both) I'm not sure what the solution will be for you. How much life and phys damage reduction do you have? It seems like maybe just better rares instead of some mismatched uniques might be better for gear?

I switch between Infernal Blow and Glacial Hammer. I went with all shield blocking and health nodes. Endurance charges as well. Being SSF, I didn't want to limit myself to just one weapon class, so I passed on the 1H Mace damage nodes.

Defenses:

Offense:

And a measly 2750 HP and no shield.

Iunno. Perhaps I'll regret a bunch of points and fill out a 1H Mace damage node.

"
Cataca wrote:

I'd personally never start out with a one handed melee toon, because they are notoriously gear dependant. Especially the build you are following, i have not once dropped a Aegis Aurora, they are up there with Kaoms and Shavs in rarity.

However your character should be easy to fix up with just switching skills and where they are placed.

Switch to either earthquake or sunder, put it in your gloves -> pseudo 5 link. (or any melee skill with the AoE tag, say static strike.)

Another thing is, that for high elemental damage builds, you really want a brickton of ele penetration. If you dont, going for pure physical damage would be much more actual dps, even though you'd lose a bit of tooltip dps. (think that on average, without penetration 50% of your elemental damage gets mitigated)

I'd also say that gladiator would be vastly better as an ascendency than juggernaut is for a block build in SSF. You dont have the immensly strict gear requirements and can use whatever you want as a necklace and shield.

I'll switch around my gloves and try sunder.

Iunno. We'll see where it goes.

edit: alright. refunded 9 points and reallocated them. swapped to sunder in the gloves. level the gems a little and see where it takes me.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Last edited by Westwood1121 on Mar 26, 2017, 9:48:00 AM
found em in the same barrows map xd not that i will use the helmet but still fun to find i guess :P the shield i can use not sure if i will xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
edit: alright. refunded 9 points and reallocated them. swapped to sunder in the gloves. level the gems a little and see where it takes me.

The next step is pretty easy, but time intensive. Chain low level maps and always try to slot essence leaguestones. Collect all essences you find in maps.

Collect white rings and amulets to alch and do the chaos recipe religiously.

As time passes, you'll undoubtedly get a 5 link at some point in time, use essences of greed to roll it.(screaming at least, would be good) If by the off chance, you get a GG chestpiece, you should vorici 5 link it. Boots should be rolled with movespeed essences, everything else is probably the easiest to reroll with resist essences.

You should try to get rid of your rings/necklace with some rare stuff that has resists/damage and life, first and foremost though. Eye of Chayula is not really useful if you can scale your stun immunity with just health.

Once you get to high tier maps and have a bunch of chaos to back you up, you can collect high level bases and start crafting your gear with either chaos spam or alt-aug-regal-mastercraft.

It might be a good idea to change your loot-filter to include the bases of key uniques in your build. In your case, conjurer boots (rainbowstride), nightmare bascinet (BoR), Champion Kite shield (aegis aurora) and lapis amulets (stone of lazwhar)

Thats pretty much it! If you find the tought of gradual slow progression tedious and boring though, i would advise you to just switch over to regular league. SSF needs a certain mindset in my opinion. (and first and foremost, a fuckton of stashtabs)
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

The next step is pretty easy, but time intensive. Chain low level maps and always try to slot essence leaguestones. Collect all essences you find in maps.

Collect white rings and amulets to alch and do the chaos recipe religiously.

As time passes, you'll undoubtedly get a 5 link at some point in time, use essences of greed to roll it.(screaming at least, would be good) If by the off chance, you get a GG chestpiece, you should vorici 5 link it. Boots should be rolled with movespeed essences, everything else is probably the easiest to reroll with resist essences.

You should try to get rid of your rings/necklace with some rare stuff that has resists/damage and life, first and foremost though. Eye of Chayula is not really useful if you can scale your stun immunity with just health.

Once you get to high tier maps and have a bunch of chaos to back you up, you can collect high level bases and start crafting your gear with either chaos spam or alt-aug-regal-mastercraft.

It might be a good idea to change your loot-filter to include the bases of key uniques in your build. In your case, conjurer boots (rainbowstride), nightmare bascinet (BoR), Champion Kite shield (aegis aurora) and lapis amulets (stone of lazwhar)

Thats pretty much it! If you find the tought of gradual slow progression tedious and boring though, i would advise you to just switch over to regular league. SSF needs a certain mindset in my opinion. (and first and foremost, a fuckton of stashtabs)

So I just walked through a T5 map. That was stupid easy. That changed everything.

I have NeverSink setup for the drops. I spent an hour yesterday trying to edit, not realizing I needed Notepad++ instead of just Notepad. Worked wonders after that.

Chaos recipe or necklaces? mmk. I'll have to look that one up.

I did just find a Divine Orb and I'm reading that can be used some how for a 6L? Iunno, I've been playing off and on for a couple years now. Usually I've faded out by the first month. But, I'm sticking around this league.

Thanks for the help. This really changed my experience.
No, if you vendor a 6 link, you'll get a divine. (like tabula)

The chaos recipe is one full set of gear you sell to the vendor for a chaos orb, two if the items are unidentified (helmet, gloves, boots, armor, 1 2h weapon or two 1 hand weapons, two rings and one necklaces.)

More info on vendor recipes are here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

Glad it helped, imho the most fun thing in SSF is the gradual improvement of your character via drops you get yourself. Good luck out there!
Last edited by Cataca on Mar 26, 2017, 10:42:58 AM
"
Cataca wrote:
No, if you vendor a 6 link, you'll get a divine. (like tabula)

The chaos recipe is one full set of gear you sell to the vendor for a chaos orb, two if the items are unidentified (helmet, gloves, boots, armor, 1 2h weapon or two 1 hand weapons, two rings and one necklaces.)

More info on vendor recipes are here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

Glad it helped, imho the most fun thing in SSF is the gradual improvement of your character via drops you get yourself. Good luck out there!

Ah. Had the Divine backwards.

I saw that recipe, but was lost on the amulet and rings. Are those just that much less common?

Thanks man. That was a huge help. Just started a T7 map. T6 was a snorefest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info