How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

New shit
+

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kingmaker

Both seem quite rare so to get both in one league,shame it would ruin my build if I did make it.
Doing a champion claw reaver, this weekend I found 3 insane drops for my build

that is literally the best jewel I found in this game ever and the belt covers some resists :D

It's OK, I guess. Before you ask; Didn't even care to go for a six link on the weapon; I know that shit's impossible for me.
"
Are you guys doing the Chaos Recipe in SSF ?

Yep. Strictly UN-ID and enjoying Zana's Fortune Favours the Brave :D

MUST DO IMHO.

P.S. After I got enough rings / items for at least 1-2 extra chars, though!

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Apr 15, 2018, 7:47:07 PM
Hadn't played in AGES (like, I think I stopped playing around the time that Act IV first opened up). Been playing a Templar SSF (not hardcore, cause hadn't played in so long games very different.)

Enjoyed actually completing the game and having come back to it I think the way the overall world of Wraeclast and Oriath has developed, and how maps have become a reasonably story end game development and overall part of the mythos has been handled better than expected (as was the Labyrinth expansion, and other league things that pop up like Breach and Atziri don't feel too tacked on.)

As for how the actual gaming is going - I've got what is undoubtedly a very very non optimised level 75 Hierophant using Searing Bond, Flame Totem, and Scorching Ray molten strike for Melee. Items I have found so far that helped me stay on this build are:

found recently but not really using yet as most damage is just done with totems and my DPS in melee is a
bit higher than the scorching ray from that.

Aaand another Rip. My Reave Bladeflurry Champion died to a Quad essence Monster with Immortal Aura
in a Elemental Weakness Vulnerability map.

I mean, I won´t say it wasn´t my own fault, but the character itself sucked.
This wouldn´t have happened on an actual strong build.

I am getting nowhere. I´m running out of items to build around, I´m running out of motivation, I´m running out of builds to try out. I might have to quit this game for 6 months again if this shit continues. I´m having no fun at all.

And the saddest thing is, I can´t reach the endgame. I know for a fact it´s not a player skill issue.
It´s not about my reactions it´s just the fact that I cannot build strong characters by myself.
And the build guides I´m following are mostly garbage and the few ones that do work I´ve played
so much that I can´t stand it anymore. I´m sick of it now ^^

"it´s not a player skill issue" and "I cannot build strong characters by myself" do bite themselves a little.

Have you considered that maybe hardcore is not for you?
I played mostly hardcore with my friends back when the game first launched, but now after almost 2 years break and back "alone" I do prefer the softcore variant a lot more.
Maybe when I know all the endgame encounters by heart I might try hc again but there are so many stupid things that can kill you, I dont think Ill change back again.
I can´t play softcore. It feels meaningless. And it breeds complacency.
It would make me a worse player and wouldn´t fix the issue of me not being able to build a strong character from scratch.

As far as the contradiction you´re seeing, it comes down to how you define player skill.
If player skill involves understanding mechanics and being able to theorycraft a strong character
that´s able to tackle all content in the game, in an SSF environment, then yes I don´t have that ability. Even though my personal opinion is that the vast majority of players can´t do that either.

I mentioned my reactions , so my definition of player skill involves being able to sidestep things
being able to maneuver your character correctly etcetera.
I´ve seen top players who stream that can´t play the game for shit, but are good theorycrafters.
This game is not about what you can do as a player. This game is only about how strong your character is. Which is why I stand and fall with the build guide I´m following.
Condolences, NoDisco.

Finally scraped together enough cold resist.

So far, so good, and I think the flavour text is apropos.

Looking forward to linking something nice, gearwise.

Last edited by erdelyii on Apr 16, 2018, 6:14:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info