How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Hurray! (Yes, I play late into Leagues :P)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
4.5 days of playtime... but we did it!

Shaped Haunted Mansions, Shaped Alleyways, all possible 3-for-1's to get layouts that could drop this T_T;;

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Feb 24, 2018, 12:46:22 PM
Made level 93, ran Uber-lab for a 3x Helm enchant that got me nothing. Sigh. Pretty much spells the end of the journey for this character. Ended up with Kinetic Blast +area on my DD. Not what I wanted. But that's helm enchanting for you.

Will likely just dick around for the next few days with no real goal in mind as the league wears down.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Made level 93, ran Uber-lab for a 3x Helm enchant that got me nothing. Sigh. Pretty much spells the end of the journey for this character. Ended up with Kinetic Blast +area on my DD. Not what I wanted. But that's helm enchanting for you.

Will likely just dick around for the next few days with no real goal in mind as the league wears down.

I probably won't SSF again, but this was pretty cool. Main issue with me is that the 6L is so important, I don't mind farming for it but the RNG hits me too hard. This is a main reason I get stuck in T13/T14, I obviously know the durability isn't there, but I also can't do much about to begin with. Tabula just too needed to get rolling.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
6L's are not all that hard on SSF... You just have to set a goal and you'll get it within a month or so of play. You just want it today, rather than settling for a 5L until you get your 6L version.
Not so bad. Having a tough time on the 2nd challenge >:[
Just counted all my SSF 6l I could find 8 in total so not that hard.What I don't do is save up 1000's of fuses and use all at once,that is depressing.I just save a few use them but leave a few spare.For someone who can get 40 challenges in SSF they should find it even easier.
End of Abyss. Just leveled Molten Strike Pathfinder to 100.
Got ~61 Lich kills, all but ~2 done with Lich killer Hierophant. Highest tier in which I got a Lich was T14. Skipped a lot of Abyss cracks and some depths in the later stages. Mostly on T9- due to lousy xp/h.
Most run maps (not sure about exact order) Shaped Channel, Shaped Ashen Woods, Shaped Arid Lake, Wharf, Shaped Dunes. T13 I didnt find a good one and changed it a few times. T14 was Shaped Estuary but doesnt drop so often with <100 Atlas. Elder sat on Ashen Woods which influenced my Atlas Shaping. Shaped Channel with sextants was good but it got too laggy. Later on I ditched Shaped Channel and switched to Shaped Sulphur Wastes for 3:1 to Ashen Woods upgrade.
No single 6link (other than Tabula and corrupted from Uber lab chest) dropped. Unique Gavel ratio was ~20:0.

--

Build/gear - not much changed from before:

Passive Tree
Build can do all map mods other than ele reflect. Ele reflect may be possible too with careful play but I never tried it. Helmet is most dangerous part probably.

--

Some more recent random loot:

--

Those 3:1 recipes really dont like SSF:

The rings can be grinded I guess. Didnt try - was just happenstance due to running Estuary (Shaped and not) a lot. But the golem jewels are out of my league in terms of grind.

--

"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
I probably won't SSF again, but this was pretty cool. Main issue with me is that the 6L is so important, I don't mind farming for it but the RNG hits me too hard.
If I already have a 5link and want a 6link I almost always use Vorici. The manual 6link RNG is rather unfun for me.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
[...]

Well done! I haven't been able to get my characters very far into endgame for a couple of leagues now, so it's been interesting to peek into what other players have come up with in Abyss, especially when pushing for level 100 like you did. Never seen a tree quite like yours before. I like your concept of using a Gemini Claw and a high hit rate gem combo like Ancestral Call + Molten Strike to recover both life and mana quickly. Was that something you planned from the start? Regardless, good stuff.
"
Rockstopper wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:
[...]

Well done! I haven't been able to get my characters very far into endgame for a couple of leagues now, so it's been interesting to peek into what other players have come up with in Abyss, especially when pushing for level 100 like you did. Never seen a tree quite like yours before. I like your concept of using a Gemini Claw and a high hit rate gem combo like Ancestral Call + Molten Strike to recover both life and mana quickly. Was that something you planned from the start? Regardless, good stuff.

Thx. I did not (at all) plan this. Plan was to play drops x enchantments. Started with self cast Spark. One of my first uber lab helmet enchants scored the Molten Strike. Did then a chaos/poison Molten Strike version with Wasps Nest but it had issues. Biggest one was the lagginess of the build. And (didnt know that at the time) the way the Abyss jewels roll does not go well with chaos/poison attack builds. It strongly favours elemental. So I switched to elemental Molten Strike which worked out much better.
The Gemini claw for MoM build part I have used before. Even with Molten Strike on my CA build in Legacy league. CA got no leech and has (at least my build) lousy single target so Molten Strike + Gemini fixed both at once vs bosses. Although this wouldnt work anymore due to the double dipping removal changes.
I use one '+3 energy shield per enemy hit by attacks' jewel which is sometimes enough to fill ES quickly - like against Null portals or Abyss cracks in high tier maps with defensive mods when I cant instagib mobs. ES was up most of the time which means the Gemini life-on-hit didnt actually come into play that often. Not sure if the build even needs the life-on-hit part. The mana-on-hit part is necessary though. I had issues with mana recovery when still using Wasps Nest - although with Blood Rage then. Life Recovery is already strong between regen, helmet and shield.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info