How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
thelocal wrote:
I'm also hitting a wall at t10.
What exactly do you mean by Zana mods? Is it something you can choose in the map device?

Which ones do you use specifically?

Yes when you put the map in the map device you can choose a set of diffrent mods to choose from depending on your zanas level.

for map sustain bloodlines is usualy best, because it adds more blue packs which can drop +1 map.
If you want purely experience Beyond is realy great. Especially if your map has high packsize and / or have "area is inhabited with seawitches and their spawn"

I usualy mix it up for what i feel like. Sometimes i try the new zana mod fortune favours the brave, because that can give you mods you do not have yet such as breach.

If you happen to get the sextant mod "strongbox monsters are enraged" with 500% quant loot or something like that forgot exactly how much. Then i usualy do Ambush league mod for extra strongboxes, which is nice for loot and exp.

Edit: Here's current leagues available mods (they usualy change per league/expansion in their rotation)
"
Zana League Mods Available During 3.1.0:

Level 2: Anarchy (costs 2 Chaos orbs): Area is inhabited by 3 additional Rogue Exiles, 20% increased quantity of items found.
Level 3: Bloodlines (costs 3 Chaos orbs): Magic monster packs each have a Bloodline mod, 25% more Magic monsters, 20% increased quantity of items found.
Level 4: Beyond (costs 3 Chaos Orbs): Slaying enemies close together can attract monsters from Beyond, 20% increased quantity of items found.
Level 4: Fortune Favours the Brave (costs 3 Chaos Orbs): Selects a Zana mod at random from those available from the device, including any mods you have not yet unlocked.
Level 5: Ambush (costs 4 Chaos Orbs): Areas contain 3 extra Strongboxes.
Level 6: Domination (costs 4 Chaos Orbs): Area contains 3 extra Shrines.
Level 7: Essence (costs 5 Chaos Orbs): Area contains 2 extra Essence Monoliths.
Level 8: Breach (costs 6 Chaos Orbs): Areas contain 2 extra Breaches.

^ From the 3.1 patch notes.

Edit2:
"
thelocal wrote:
Dang! What a quick response. I edited my post above your reply.

"Do you also throw atrizi shards into mix? I've done it a few times although I'm not entirely sure what it's doing."

Only on very high quantity vaaled maps with great mods such as seawitches. then i add in 3 (dusk dawn noon)

I like to save my midnights as theyre rare to get.
What fragments do is they add 5% quantity per fragment to the map.
Last edited by _SleeZy_ on Jan 9, 2018, 3:04:48 AM
Dang! What a quick response. I edited my post above your reply.

"Do you also throw atrizi shards into mix? I've done it a few times although I'm not entirely sure what it's doing."
Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
"
Zaludoz wrote:

I vaal'd my Oni... and I'm happy with it.

gz man! if i do that it will brick i can tell it now xD
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
_SleeZy_ wrote:
"
boyandroid wrote:
Found a wall at T8 for now with 70/157 in my atlas, still waiting for Zana to sell T9. Run 13 rare with quality T8 with 4-6 mods & unid, & it just gave me 1 T9 sigh. Well, I'm just going to lay low for now & just do Zana dailies until she reached 7 (currently 60%). Just going to reserve my remaining yellow maps to sustain T9-10. Got full stash of white maps though but don't want to grind on those, too little xp.

It just felt disappointing, felt that you lost your momentum playing the game.

What i did to mitigate that issue, is collecting each map in each tier before completing the next tier up till t10s, then i took it more as i found em.

Tho my wall was t10 for the longest time. I zana modded all my maps, 80+ quant at minimum and sextant all the maps than i ran. (no sextant blocking tho, just sextant and go) for packsize etc.

I'm at 112 or so atm and i'm sorta stuck there due out of chaos /chisels.
So i'm working on a speedy currency farmer to sustain my further mapping.

It's definetly harder to sustain maps this expansion for sure.

Edit: also your zana has more exp than mine and i map like mad :D
I almost never find her. Cata however got a crush on me, shes almost 8 now while most of my others just dinged lvl 7 :D

Since were on this topic, I'll take advantage this post to also seek advice to what to do next, since I'm still new to the game & still lack experience.

Currently this is my atlas...
Spoiler

I tend to collect them all (per tier) first before running them all to avoid too many missing maps. I make sure I just missed 1 or 2 per tier before moving to the next tier. I also used sextant in white, since I don't have yellow sextant yet, or is this my mistake running the yellow maps without the yellow sextant yet? But, I figured if I'm going to wait for sextant to drop before running maps, I might not finish my challenges before league ends.

Here are the maps I have now...
Spoiler

Most of my remaining yellow maps were on the right side of the atlas, & that's what's bugging me right now. I already tried 3x to push out shaper on the right side so that I can run those maps. I even manage to make elder occupy the whole right side from mineral map to phantasgoria map. To push out shaper to the right. But he keeps spawning back to the left side. Now, I'm running out of maps on the left. I was hesitant to run the maps on the right without shaper/elder influence because I felt I'm just going to waste my map towards my goal which is completing the challenges (defeat influence). I really like to finish that challenge since it's one of the challenge that don't rely too much on RNG.

So now, my dilemma are, continue this path, wait for Zana for the T9-10 maps to unlock while farming the left side of the map for challenges. Or, just screw it, run all the maps I have, with or without influence in hope to get T9-10 maps & pray that I did not screw my "influence" challenges?

Edit:
I also did not do the Zana Mod thing, because it's expensive. I'm low on chaos since my build can't do reflect, I have to mostly reroll the rare maps, & using it for crafting. Also doing the chaos & regal recipe.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Last edited by boyandroid on Jan 9, 2018, 4:20:07 AM

Just some shit i found :)
Hey, a quick note for people trying to get 6L armor.
Both the Springs (Emperor of Purity) and Residence (The Dapper Prodigy) maps drop div cards to trade for 6Ls.
Residence is preferable as it gives ilvl 100 armor div cards, but beware as it's random. I got str armor on my first exchange and I'm intel/dex.
Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Unquietheart wrote:
In my own slow, plodding fashion, I have finally reached the mapping stage of the game. I've acquired these two things:

The Bow was just a pure luck roll with an Alchemy, it's too low an ilevel to invest much currency in, but I figured I could afford an Alchemy or two, and ... that was the result. It's still not all that good, but it'll do until I can find a higher ilevel base.

You realize that bow is pretty good for SSF, you crafted the wrong affix on it why would you craft +Cold when you can craft +Phys. Read your own Ice Shot Gem. Damage conversion, you need good physical damage base to make that happen. So must wasted potential in tree :x

Okay ... I've finally gotten Tora to level 7, and replaced that mod:

And .. yes, it's quite the DPS jump. So thanks for pointing that out ;)

Not bad for an item that's an i68 or i69.

Now ... if only I had enough fuses to 5L something ...
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on Jan 9, 2018, 5:38:26 AM
"
boyandroid wrote:
I tend to collect them all (per tier) first before running them all to avoid too many missing maps. I make sure I just missed 1 or 2 per tier before moving to the next tier.

Best is to make sure to not have any missing maps which cant be upgraded by 3:1. Pen, Gardens, etc are difficult to get. See here: https://i.imgur.com/9EOP68p.jpg

"
boyandroid wrote:
I also used sextant in white, since I don't have yellow sextant yet, or is this my mistake running the yellow maps without the yellow sextant yet?

You dont need to use sextants in white/yellow maps to advance in Atlas. (And I am not trying to imply that you should use them in red maps.)

"
boyandroid wrote:
<snip>
pray that I did not screw my "influence" challenges?

I dont think this is a problem. I would just run the maps. The main things to consider are getting Shaper memory fragments and making/stopping Elder appearance.
And if you want a shaped Atlas then Elder territory positioning is also important. But you dont need this for challenges.
(I think you are overthinking this.)

"
boyandroid wrote:
I also did not do the Zana Mod thing, because it's expensive.

You dont need to do Zana mods while still in white/yellow maps. The RNG mechanics of map drops and Atlas are so that many players will hit a 'wall' simply due to RNG striking the wrong way at some point. You are "expected" to fix this by grinding.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Unquietheart wrote:
Okay ... I've finally gotten Tora to level 7, and replaced that mod:

And .. yes, it's quite the DPS jump. So thanks for pointing that out ;)

Not bad for an item that's an i68 or i69.

Now ... if only I had enough fuses to 5L something ...

Ayyyy we did it. Now fix your links/tree so you can be a god O____________________________________O

"
_SleeZy_ wrote:
@_Saranghaeyo_

Took me like until lvl 76 or 77 to get my first tabula, and that was with 16% sadimas gloves that i found in mudflats. ^^

Gz on maligaro!

I think I'm going to be crazy after it all. Because after this I gotta hit up A10 and/or Alleyways to get Chin Sol :x

/e

HOLY I got two Humilities in one run just now:

Feelsgoodman
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jan 9, 2018, 9:25:04 AM
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
boyandroid wrote:
I tend to collect them all (per tier) first before running them all to avoid too many missing maps. I make sure I just missed 1 or 2 per tier before moving to the next tier.

Best is to make sure to not have any missing maps which cant be upgraded by 3:1. Pen, Gardens, etc are difficult to get. See here: https://i.imgur.com/9EOP68p.jpg

"
boyandroid wrote:
I also used sextant in white, since I don't have yellow sextant yet, or is this my mistake running the yellow maps without the yellow sextant yet?

You dont need to use sextants in white/yellow maps to advance in Atlas. (And I am not trying to imply that you should use them in red maps.)

"
boyandroid wrote:
<snip>
pray that I did not screw my "influence" challenges?

I dont think this is a problem. I would just run the maps. The main things to consider are getting Shaper memory fragments and making/stopping Elder appearance.
And if you want a shaped Atlas then Elder territory positioning is also important. But you dont need this for challenges.
(I think you are overthinking this.)

"
boyandroid wrote:
I also did not do the Zana Mod thing, because it's expensive.

You dont need to do Zana mods while still in white/yellow maps. The RNG mechanics of map drops and Atlas are so that many players will hit a 'wall' simply due to RNG striking the wrong way at some point. You are "expected" to fix this by grinding.

First of all thanks for the response, regarding the 3:1 upgrade, yes I'm also doing it. Actually my only missing maps below T8 were Lighthouse (need more Port to upgrade), Lava & Armoury which is occupied by the elder guardians. I'm still letting the guardians sit there so I can farm back & forth the surrounding maps for the influence challenge. Question though, can I unlock Lava & Armoury (killing map boss) without removing the elder guardians? If they going to remove, is it for that map only or the whole area (quadrant of the map) occupied by elder? Never encounter the guardians yet so no idea what will happen.

Regarding the influence challenge, maybe I'm overthinking it, hehehe. My plan was to let the elder influence stay on that part of the map so that I can farm back & forth the edges of his influence for the challenges (fiend portal & agents of void). I think, it will be much faster if they were confined to one area, rather than remove them at all & wait to respawn & grow again. And after completing that challenge, I can run now all the maps I have & want anywhere.

Yes I agree with you regarding hitting the wall due to bad RNG. Maybe the issue was not the lack of Map drops but finding the RIGHT maps to run which was exacerbated by the new shaper/elder mechanic.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info