How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

UberLab dropped this for me from a Silver Chest (Empereror's Vault, if I'm not mistaken). Super stoked that it's an Evasion base, since I need 4G&2R.

Plan is: Get Vorici to 8; use the 'One guaranteed red socket' Artisan's Bench thing (for 4 Chromes and 4 Vaal) until I get 2R&4G. I have a minimal amount of Vaal Orbs left due to aggressive corrupting, so we'll see how well this goes... :)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
Alpehans wrote:
No SSF is not for casuals. Gear and progress is way to random.
I have 562 hours played in SSF. Got 12 stash pages of useless uniques :(
My progress i kinda stuck at tier 12-13 maps, because i just can't get those build defining uniques.

Wish they would make a real SSF league with tweaked droprates etc.

Until there are more possiblities to directed farming of key uniques, you need a more template build if you don't play that much.

I play elemental melee - and it breezes through all acts and map levels.
I made now a break at T14 to farm a little bit, but besides the usual weakness of life builds (no smash tanking, random 1-hits here and there due to normal monsters doing 5k-crits) there are no problems without any special uniques.

Helm and armor are unique now, but they are not build defining anywhere - they dropped the last days.
Rares with life and resistances would be even more powerful when I can get more aggressive rings.

It's the problem with SSF - if you want to play a facebreaker berserker, you better play something different until you have your key uniques. Direct unique farming still isn't possible - ancient orbs are the right direction, but they are rare.
"
Alpehans wrote:
No SSF is not for casuals. Gear and progress is way to random.
I have 562 hours played in SSF. Got 12 stash pages of useless uniques :(
My progress i kinda stuck at tier 12-13 maps, because i just can't get those build defining uniques.
If you are stuck at T12/T13 after 562 hours then it is soely your fault. I smashed T16's in a Tabula and a shit (quick self crafted) 261 dps 1h axe. If you can not progress past a certain point (atleast in Softcore where feeling out limits is not that harsh) then you either need to rethink your build or try to improve your gameplay.

"
Alpehans wrote:
Wish they would make a real SSF league with tweaked droprates etc.
They made their stance clear on that (the game being balanced with trading in mind) and I feel like it is fine. SSF is meant to be a challenge and taking said challenge away by making it a loot pinata would ruin it. If you can't stand or commit to the grind, play with trading instead.

"
Llyrain wrote:
Until there are more possiblities to directed farming of key uniques, you need a more template build if you don't play that much.
You can pretty much play any build in SSF, some just take longer depending on your loot. A lot of stuff can be brute forced through div cards, though some could use slight adjustment. Stuff like ToH cards, Vinktar pieces, Uber Atziri fragments are tough.

Super-stoked, just did my first manual 6L ever. Been playing since November of 2013 (~four years).

Found the iLvl 84 base in the Harbinger Beachhead Map, scoured the magic base, scrapped the quality up to 20%, got it to 6S manually (barely), started spamming Fusings past 5Ls because I used this...

... and I figured I wouldn't self-roll a better 5L easily.

I was shocked when the achievement popped up, all, ~"Achievement Completed: Well Connected." Took me ~450 Fusings (I have ~300 left).

My new gear setup (for T13+ Maps):
Spoiler

:)
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
650 maps in

not a single fucking divine vessel

All the fails for 3/3 essence.
I'm not interested in playing SSF, at all.

I enjoy trading(no, not sarcasm). For me it's a crucial part of the game, always has been, since Diablo.
I haven't really played much during Harbinger, so I don't have much to show or to say.

I did find this though:

Not that it's rare or anything, it's still pretty good for an archer. I'd be using it if I could afford the loss of mana regen.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'

dropped yesterday in act9. My first ex this league (not that I've played much), in the meantime I found only 2 shards so far...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I guess it was worth it to roll a necro for supporting my Ice Shot Raider and my Cyclone Slayer :)

Still no Chin Soil though.
Last edited by McZuzlak on Oct 21, 2017, 6:17:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info