Most of Leaguestones are...But well you can still enjoy Breach + Beyond. Sigh.

This is a severely watered down version of leagues we used to have.
1... 1 single perandus box per map. Dear lord.
How is this in any way supercharged?
Why was onslaught a league?
Switching out stones every 5 maps isn't fun.

What needs to happen is that the white leaguestones don't have charges and blue ones do(maybe even a single charge if necessary).

This entire game experience is really getting shafted to be better suitable for xbox, it's starting to be very noticeable.

Seems like ProjectPT was right after all.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Asmosis wrote:
Here's a tip for you:

League stones have 5 charges. use 4 charges and then use the vendor recipe, to turn 3 remaining charges into 5 new charges :)

(assuming you dont have epic mods on them)

Expect the recipe doesnt work with half used stones.
"
Asmosis wrote:
Here's a tip for you:

League stones have 5 charges. use 4 charges and then use the vendor recipe, to turn 3 remaining charges into 5 new charges :)

(assuming you dont have epic mods on them)

*edit*

ok it doesnt work, doh.

Would be great if that worked out. :)

Fow now just RIP most of the stones since well area level requirement and it's such a chore to choose which one to run, stick them out before terrible instances, replace them, etc. etc.
"
Hyskoa wrote:

Two reasons.
- You can run multiple leagues.
- Some leaguestone mods are pretty awesome, we couldn't have something like 'all talismans that drop are rare' back in talisman.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Hyskoa wrote:

Then take blue stones, 3 boxes 3 breaches and 3 invasion bosses in one map, + extra monsters etc.

That's a league on supercharge - you won't get this always.

And remember, in past leagues you didn't had more than 2 of every special normally on every map - so 3 specials even with white stones is more than a normal legue.

Did they get rid of Area requirement on Leaguestones or once you get later (Act 4 Merc) they don't have it anymore?

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 6, 2017, 6:18:48 AM
Hilariously, there are always complainers! Responding in all these threads is good for my post count too, I've been behind the curve.

I have to say, though, that OP for this thread wins the prize for the Very Best Whine though. Nerfs! Low Drop Rates! Useless!

Although the frequent "Reliquary key drops are too rare, how can I play 3 days a week and get my rare loot?" is pretty awesome too.

I have to say that this has been the best leveling experience I have had in a long time. The level restriction means you run max stones and every zone has it's own unique flavor. Beyond/Breach/Perandus? Better have your AOE up to snuff. Exiles galore - hello unique jewelry for gearing! Challenges being actively worked on as you level (Tormented Spirits, Beyond Demons, Invasion bosses)!
"
Breah / Beyond are great Leaguestones but they are rippy af and during levelling, at least for first char it's hard to handle them comfortably.

But if it would be comfortable it would be boring, no? ...

Breach + Rampage was pretty fun in Southern Forest for example.
Haven't dared to combine Beyond/Invasion with anything on HC yet ^^"

Nice kickstart in SSF:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
Just go into game progress and compare normal stones with merc and cruel.

Who needs facts when you can shout?

I can definitely tell he is a Trump supporter.

Im from Poland, i dont give a fuck about Trump or any pother of yours "presidents". They all are just puppets to corpo world.
So I played some maps / Dried Lake with different Tri-stone combinations.

Maybe at max 1/10 Leaguestones actually reminds corresponding League or even represents it's supercharged version (like 5 Chayula or some other ridicilous mods that are gonna get nerfed soon, because, well, GGG).

It's hard to even notice effect of 99% of White and Blue Leaguestones. Most Leaguestones just creat 1 monster or pack of monsters and that's it and unless you find them, it's same as playing Standard.

1 Rogue Exile from Anarchy? Like there is lack of Exiles now - they pop out from Strongboxes, there is map mod for them, there is Prophecie, they are targets in Vorici missions and they just show up here and there during even levelling.

I thought Warbands guarantee to give you shot at Warband Leader. Well, nope they spawn normal mobs with orange flavours, for some reason. To be fair, sometimes they still can kick your ass during levelling.

Tormented Spirit. Might be useful if Spirits were not that dumb. Also can be used to track down rare ghosts for challenges, but overall you won't notice the change.

Let's not even start with "1 Coin" from Prophecie Leaguestone.

Perandus Leaguestones have no chance to spawn Cadiro unless it is white stone with special mod worth more than 8 chaos. Seriosuly?...

Everyone runs Nemesis hoping to get Headhunter, but everyone seem to forget that Headhunter is T0 drop IIRC. It has even lower chance of spawning then Shavs. And I seen only 1 Shavs so far and it's my 4th League. Lets be real, you won't get HH drop. Base Quantity of Rare mobs was massively increased in Legacy already, so it's kinda totally useless.

Ambush/Domination = 1 Box / 1 Shrine. Most of Leaguestones are like that - spawn 1 sample of something you probably encounter on regular basis anyway, so what's the point?...even Zana's mods don't look that bad compared to Leaguestones (for example, 1 box vs 3 boxes from Zana mod) - they are still too expensive though.

It's same story for pretty much all the mods. Except Tempest, Beyond, Rampage and few others that actually affect your gameplay and remind of their existence throught entire instance and / or are useful / interesting.

It's probably vice versa - this League is fun during levelling (because monsters are challenging and can drop sweet items) or when you get your hands on GG Blue Leaguestones (Perandus stones that contain Cadiro worth 8+ chaos, Breach stones with more than 1 Breach are 3+c, Chayula - 15+ c, etc. etc.) or run specific Leaguestones combos like Rampage + Beyond + Breach.

If you play this League to experience previous Leagues you had no chance to play. Don't full yourself - 90% of Leaguestones are nothing like past Leagues. They pale in comparision to previous Leagues for aforementioned reasons.

I was hoping that GGG will finally push factor of awesomeness to it's limit, this League was meant to celebrate Old Path of Exile after all. I was hoping that they will push this remaining 5% to reach full 100%, but instead we are getting useless and not fun watered down nerfed versions of the League with good Leaguestones gated behind RNG or trade. Given some Leagues were already boring (like Onslaught), but most of them still had Presence of their own - Leaguestones lack presence.

I have no idea why they just didn't make Leaguestones actual Leagues and not this miserable residues from the dining table of rich aristocratic people that we were during this Leagues.

There would not be harm if last League of old Path of Exile would be totally awesome, right? But nope. No Fun is Allowed.

This League is illusion, Exile.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 7, 2017, 7:20:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info