Most of Leaguestones are...But well you can still enjoy Breach + Beyond. Sigh.

I got about as much Leagestones in Cruel as in Normal (17).

There is literally few Leaguestones that are worth running during levelling (and you have to, because there is this goddamn area level requirement to run the Leaguestone) in the first place.

Breah / Beyond are great Leaguestones but they are rippy af and during levelling, at least for first char it's hard to handle them comfortably.

Perandus. Does Cadiro bro deals have DropLevel requirement or Character level or any other requirement or you can get Shavs, HH, Devoto's, 10chaos, whatever great deals even during levelling?

Invasion/Torment/Ambush. Lol.

Rampage - can't keep stacks.

Onslaught - literally does nothing except hurt you.

Warbands - good later on, but aren't they extremely rippy?

Talisman - Talisman item level and they can be pretty rippy. Got Bonspire or whatever wrecked me right during my first Talisman...

Tempest - eh?

Prophecy - enjoy your extra coin. Kappa.

Bloodlines. Essence, Anarchy - are ok, but I got pretty rippy Essence Leaguestone, so nope. You can run Warbands and whatever League for chance of drops but most of them are pretty rare. Running few Leagues here and there won't help, you need to farm it with pesistence. It's basically hoping that one day, Shavs will drop. And it might not drop for many Leagues in a row...

And there is literally few good areas to even run them - Ledge, City of Sarn and?...And after running those you need to remember to stick out Leaguestone, so it didn't wasted on non-linear instances.

If I had TWink Gear, then np I would run some of them. As it is now risk / reward doesn't worth it. Add time consuming factor here and it's sealed.

And even so, most of layouts in PoE are meh, it would be really terrible experience claring every single isntance, just to find this Warband, Parandus Box, whatever.

So I don't really get your excitement guys. Leaguestones suck really bad during levelling.

Phrazz, I get Ex from Cruel Vaal Oversoul. Your RNG have nothing to do with usage of most Leaguestones making no sense during levelling.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 4, 2017, 10:39:59 AM
"
Cataca wrote:
So skipping packs and zoning like crazy does not help to sustain a league mechanic that is "pay per zone"? Who would have thunk.

The sky is falling indeed.

Lol, this. OP is being stupid. The new leagues are fun! Guess even in a free game with free for fun leagues some people can only bitch.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
So I don't really get your excitement guys. Leaguestones suck really bad during levelling.

Still a lot better than just running vanilla. Not everything has to be done for fun and profit, sometimes you do it just for fun.

Tempests are a ton of fun, I really liked that league.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
So skipping packs and zoning like crazy does not help to sustain a league mechanic that is "pay per zone"? Who would have thunk.

The sky is falling indeed.

Lol, this. OP is being stupid. The new leagues are fun! Guess even in a free game with free for fun leagues some people can only bitch.

I already explain why this post makes little to no sense. Read my comment on second page.
"
raics wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Still a lot better than just running vanilla. Not everything has to be done for fun and profit, sometimes you do it just for fun.

Tempests are a ton of fun, I really liked that league.

Well, when I will have Twink Gear I will try more Leaguestones during levelling - Beyond, Warbands, Talimsan, etc. etc.

It's also this thing that makes running Leagustones in non-linter maps really tedious. They add so little content to instance - you might easily miss it, if you don't look over entire instance. :( All previous League had plenty of content, you just could not skip.

Also do white Leaguestones are actually really just nerfed versions of their corresponding Leagues and I won't be able to find more than for example 1 Perandus Box or 1 Essence Pack if stone's description say so?

Some of Leaguestons rolls can be incredible though. I found only lame "1 Silver Coin" Prophecie stone while people report finding some really interesting ones like random prophecie active in instance.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 4, 2017, 11:02:45 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Also do white Leaguestones are actually really just nerfed versions of their corresponding Leagues and I won't be able to find more than for example 1 Perandus Box or 1 Essence Pack if stone's description say so?

Yeah, I think so, I've been counting my boxes carefully. Though I suppose you can have more than the stone says if the event can normally spawn, like essence or torment can.

Sure, some areas don't really lend themselves to exploring so I'm being mindful when using good stones, I won't use them in Riverways or something similar. If it isn't a good league mod and I don't encounter anything - no problem, I can't save the stone for later so no harm done. I'm not really expecting a full flashback weekend mayhem here.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 4, 2017, 11:09:14 AM
They are very useful while leveling, especially if solo self found. Adding unique mobs to areas means more and better drops. You gear up much quicker if you are using the stones you get while leveling.
1) Ignoring them costs you nothing.

2) Some people, me for one, are putting them in to learn about the leagues they didn't get a chance to play.

3) Quit thinking that everyone has to play like you do.
I was hoarding them through part of Normal, now will use them more. But the first time I used just one (Breach) in Act 2 Normal: client freeze. Not a good experience, and apparently there are a lot of reports of crashing/freezing after 2.6

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
2) Some people, me for one, are putting them in to learn about the leagues they didn't get a chance to play.

Exactly, that's what I want to use them for. Anything Perandus and earlier I'll be enjoying.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
3) Quit thinking that everyone has to play like you do.

Yup.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Well actually when you are close to Ledge, Southern Forest, Sarn - it can be pretty good. I played 2 instances of Ambush + Anarchy + Perandus and kinda get 2 really good items (there is chance I get them before though) for my level right off the bat and 2 free vaal orbs and few hundreds of Perandus coins. And 1 death by some rude dude from Perandus pack. xd I start to enjoy them a little bit more.

Droprate can be compensated by all of them (?) having at least 5 charges. It's really good.

But area level requirement is still annoying though.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 4, 2017, 2:12:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info