Most of Leaguestones are...But well you can still enjoy Breach + Beyond. Sigh.

Durin levelin i clear all maps at least once. So for me it is good mechanic and drop rate is efficient.

I like my maps like my womans - clean :D
There are 2 threads below this one about the same issue? Guess thread duplicates are good now, oh i forgot, you can't read anything but your own threads, sorry.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Cataca wrote:
So skipping packs and zoning like crazy does not help to sustain a league mechanic that is "pay per zone"? Who would have thunk.

The sky is falling indeed.

It was always like that during each previous League, you were constantly encountering League specific stuff - Silver Coins / Essences / Breaches / Cadiro and Boxes even though you didn't cleared every single mob in every single instance. What is wrong with going fast? Honestly, I wouldn't even say that I rusehd anything this time...

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Tile is just for the sake of it. Leaguestones are at pretty bad shape at least during levelling as it is right now.

"I want to hoard them, and not use them during leveling. I'm not allowed to do that. Stones are in a bad shape during leveling".

Why would you ever want to use them during levelling considering that 99% of stuff can destroy you and even if you kill it, drops are locked behind DropLevel/ItemLevel, so you won't get anything. It's terrible Risk/Reward ratio.

That's only part of the Problem. Current Droprate is big part too. And Leaguestones being nerfed versions of corresponding Leagues as well.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 4, 2017, 4:24:45 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

That's only part of the Problem. Current Droprate is big part too. And Leaguestones being nerfed versions of corresponding Leagues as well.

Why use them during leveling? I've gotten several chaos orbs, fusings and a divine orb from stones. They DO drop stuff. It mixes up the gameplay, making the playthrough different than last league, and the league before, and the league before.

Why? Diversity is fun.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
So skipping packs and zoning like crazy does not help to sustain a league mechanic that is "pay per zone"? Who would have thunk.

The sky is falling indeed.

It was always like that during each previous League, you were constantly encountering League specific stuff - Silver Coins / Essences / Breaches / Cadiro and Boxes even though you didn't cleared every single mob in every single instance. What is wrong with going fast? Honestly, I wouldn't even say that I rusehd anything this time...

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Tile is just for the sake of it. Leaguestones are at pretty bad shape at least during levelling as it is right now.

"I want to hoard them, and not use them during leveling. I'm not allowed to do that. Stones are in a bad shape during leveling".

Why would you ever want to use them during levelling considering that 99% of stuff can destroy you and even if you kill it, drops are locked behind DropLevel/ItemLevel, so you won't get anything. It's terrible Risk/Reward ratio.

knowing what leveling zones to use them on is a part of maximizing your reward. especially in ssf this is quite relevant.

essences were ( and still are) also limited by item level... I guess you just hoard them and upgrade 3 to 1?
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
3. Not to mention if GGG mean what wording of Leaguestones says - most of them are actually nerfed versions of actual Leagues (they contain limited ammount of stuff, like only 1 Perandus Box, only 1 Essence pack or only 1 Silver Coin for Prophecie (lol)). Not supercharged like they told us about...

Just a note about this: Supercharged refers to ones with mods. They said that explicitly when they used the word "supercharged". Mods that cause Perandus monsters to drop extra coins, or warbands to have extra mobs, that kind of thing. The most potent one I've gotten so far was a prophecy one that modifies each zone you use it on with a random prophecy. So far as I know that never happened during prophecy league. I haven't leveled very far so I'm certain that's far from the most powerful mod that can appear.

Incidentally, I didn't play Prophecy League so I have no personal experience, but according to the wiki "In this league, approximately one monster per area could drop a Silver Coin." So if that's accurate Prophecy isn't really nerfed at all then.
Last edited by Dycedarg1219 on Mar 4, 2017, 4:52:51 AM
League stones have been a great help while leveling so far.

Rogue exiles and essence mean i've always got current level rare gear equipped, breach and beyond add a bunch of extra currency to maps, rampage err, makes me feel like im playing an arcade game. I should probably look up what that counter is for at some point.

Some quite interesting mods on some of them, having headhunter for 5 zones certainly helped with all the extra rogue exiles and perandus chests.

certainly not having an issue with drop rates:

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Last edited by Asmosis on Mar 4, 2017, 6:12:22 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Best Leaguestone I've pulled so far is a Perandus stone that has extra chests and double coins. I feel oddly wealthy. I've also got a Talisman stone that guarantees a rare talisman drop and a Tempest stone that has larger and more frequent tempests. The Prophecy one sounds pretty cool too!

Even if you don't want to use them while leveling, slot in the good ones and run 'em later in a nice zone like Ledge. That's what I intend to do.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
So, according to the title of your own thread even you know how hoplessly hyperbole this is.

Stones are amazing for leveling. I've gotten a few breach/beyond combos that give me a massive spike in exp.
great point, an item is not OPAF is not worth using, is that what you saying?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info