2.6 XtraCheap Oro's Burning Ancestral Warchief (Shaper/Guardian Deathless Vids)

added new section: New Uniques
If I got an EX I give you fitty C
Having fun with this build, currently 85 in LHC. I took a few life nodes from the scion wheel to add a little more tankiness. Thanks.
"
In order to use the flask you'll need to have 3 elemental res to be over 136

That isn't necessarily true. Really, all we want from the flask is the fire resistance penetration, and it's fairly easy to get, as all you have to do is keep your fire resistance the highest amount uncapped out of all three. Ideally, you would want all at the same value to also take advantage of the reduced damage from each element, but it still is an extremely viable option for a flask slot even just with the fire pen (especially if you consider the value of running a bismuth flask for elemental weakness maps).
Last edited by aahdaddy on Mar 20, 2017, 9:58:26 PM
"
Having fun with this build, currently 85 in LHC. I took a few life nodes from the scion wheel to add a little more tankiness. Thanks.

Thanks for the post! If you're playing in HC definitely take life nodes first until you get more points to spend on dps. I dropped aoe nodes and took double curse for now until I get to the level I want. I'm lvl 92 and have 6.4k life with enfeeble on blasphemy and still do about the same dps as before with flammability as my extra curse.
"
"
In order to use the flask you'll need to have 3 elemental res to be over 136

That isn't necessarily true. Really, all we want from the flask is the fire resistance penetration, and it's fairly easy to get, as all you have to do is keep your fire resistance the highest amount uncapped out of all three. Ideally, you would want all at the same value to also take advantage of the reduced damage from each element, but it still is an extremely viable option for a flask slot even just with the fire pen (especially if you consider the value of running a bismuth flask for elemental weakness maps).

I said to have fire res as your lowest, but I really meant highest (I just changed it). I see alot of people playing 6k life builds with 1 life flask so it's certainly a good choice if you can handle just having 1 life flask. If you can drop doedre's or overflowing chalice without mana issues for wise oak you should do it. It's definitely the best dps flask to use if you're fighting boss, because you won't have mana problems when you're not constantly moving forward and burning mana as a result of summoning new totems.
"
maniczombies wrote:
"

Thanks for the post! If you're playing in HC definitely take life nodes first until you get more points to spend on dps. I dropped aoe nodes and took double curse for now until I get to the level I want. I'm lvl 92 and have 6.4k life with enfeeble on blasphemy and still do about the same dps as before with flammability as my extra curse.

That's a good idea. I may spec out of the AoE and experiment with that as well later tonight. I'm sitting at 6k life ATM at 86 and I'm running blasphemy->flammability->anger->enlighten. Still subpar jewelry but slowly working on it :)
I've been up to T15 so far and slowly making progress. Clear speed is the problem of this build, it's really slow compared to poison builds or vaal spark. But I'll live with it :)

I've been thinking about trying heretic's veil. That means I meed to roll +1 curses to the amulet and get enlightement 3 first. Then I can run ele weakness-enfeeble-flammability. Swap to temp chains if neccessary. Anger is way too hard to fit to the build if you want 2 curses.

Any idea how to kill Argus btw? Immune to ignites so it's gg.
"
Ihmemies2 wrote:
I've been up to T15 so far and slowly making progress. Clear speed is the problem of this build, it's really slow compared to poison builds or vaal spark. But I'll live with it :)

It is warchief and they are not the fastest, but certainly not the slowest either :D. Although I haven't played any other kinds of warchiefs before, this one looks like it's got the highest clearing speed. It's got range as opposed to a facebreaker and you only need to summon 1 totem per pack. Totem builds are generally slower in my opinion (and I've made many many) and clearspeed is a common complaint unfortunately :(

First you'll need enough dps to use prolif. If you don't have enough dps, prolif will be very weak against yellow monsters. If you don't use prolif, you'll have to wait for monsters that you initially missed to die. When you get enough dps, you'll wanna keep moving and rely on sound for loot. If you stand there and wait for every monster to be killed, you're just wasting your time.
"

I've been thinking about trying heretic's veil. That means I meed to roll +1 curses to the amulet and get enlightement 3 first. Then I can run ele weakness-enfeeble-flammability. Swap to temp chains if neccessary. Anger is way too hard to fit to the build if you want 2 curses.

Honestly, I don't know if it's worth doing all that. You're going to have a huge huge problem with dex, chaos res, and mov speed if you do that. What you'll eventually end up doing, most likely, is make up for that dex and chaos res by sacrificing damage (for instance, buying jewels with dex or not being able to use opal rings).

If you want double curse on your jewelry, you can try to buy a romira's banquet with +1 curse, because those are usually pretty cheap and the ring will help with accruacy and procing elemental overload. If you're trying to roll a +1 curse on your amulet, this build would not be cheap anymore.

Remember, If you use blasphemy you have to get very close to monsters for it to work. It might be worthwhile if you're a berserker (in which case, you're tanking for your totems), but you're a chieftain, and your totems are supposed to taunt and tank for you while you run around to stay away from trouble.

Right now I have anger and enfeeble on blasphemy and and I curse flammability manually for boss without sacrificing too much. If you're interested, pls check my profile.

"
Any idea how to kill Argus btw? Immune to ignites so it's gg.

With faster attacks, elemental focus, and concentrated effect. It'll take some time for you to kill it right now, but shouldn't be that bad.
is this amu Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet not better for this build?
Hello again from me.

I still haven't six linked my oro ,trying to level to level 92 ,where I will remove those 4 points right on the big fire wheel up in the tree and go with the totem node down.

For those wondering why I would do this ,Totem damage double dips and the other bonus for totems are hard to pass by. I am at 5 link setup and not using the Minion and Totem elemental Resistance gem . That's why I have been using Purity of Elements over any curse/armor aura (still using Anger but wondering if it's worth running it).

As for the node down - It grants ele resists and damage - 35% totem damage + totem attack speed ,placement speed and elemental resists versus 20%fire and 15% burning + ignite duration and chance, of the wheel I want to remove.

I will be changing my purity of elements to flammability / or defensive curse in blapshemy setup. Maybe use PoE only for elemental weakness map ,since I managed to get gear to cap+ 10% my resists.

Took me long enough time to realise that Elemental Prolifilation is just nuts for AoE clearing. I used Inc AoE ,but it's bad.

For bosses I swap EP to Concentrated effect.

Spoiler

Those two rings are really hard to change. My hands as well for the stats I want ( AS ,Dext+ life).
Maybe I will get hands with 50 dext ,15as and 90 life and two resists ,but I will leave it for the future. I tried opal ring rolling with essence and it's just hard. Spend 30c buying one and 20 for essences and on the last one I got was enough for an exalt return. (so 20 c profit? ).

To better my gear my priority now is to get a GG rings and hands combination and also Totem Warchief aoe/dmg enchant x boot crit /fire dmg enchant and then maybe change the amulet /jewels.

I often died because of not playing carefully - clear speed with EP is good so I had deads which are just running into group of regular mobs and unable to escape fast. Also I die from Beyond teleporting boss as well... decided it's best to level up to 92 (or 95) and then go yolo at the truly end-game content.

Also I think of changing my doedre's elixir for something else ,since it's underwhelming ( maybe only use it on no regen maps). I keep using flasks to remove freeze,bleeding and burning since those three are sure-kill at t15 maps.

Defense wise, I am really weak ,that's why I have silly deaths and don't want to waste my t16 maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info