2.6 XtraCheap Oro's Burning Ancestral Warchief (Shaper/Guardian Deathless Vids)

I had to buy q20 enfeeble to do uber lab. I got 1shotted otherwise. Even without flammability Izaro died in maybe 30 seconds. Running flammability would double the ignite dps (300->600k DPS), but running without enfeeble makes you do 0 dps because you're dead.

Have you considered double curses? Any ideas on how to get mana for it, if you don't want to self-cast? Getting Whispers of doom would be only 5 points for 2x dmg.

E: Bought some windscreams to try out double curses. Threw anger away for flammability. Resists start to be a problem with 6 uniques.. but the damage is pretty sweet 567k now. Path of Building sez I get 220k more with Flammability than Anger, if I have to choose. Need to do some practical tests and see how this double curse business goes without Anger.
Last edited by Ihmemies2 on Mar 14, 2017, 1:39:37 PM
"
Ihmemies2 wrote:
Thx for the build. Even my noob ass has done better than ever thanks to the totems. I can just stay away from fights and let them do it, in bosses I have all the time to concentrate on dodging attacks and moving around. I'm not that aware of my surroundings so totem gameplay fits me perfectly.

Thx for posting your feedback. Glad you like it :D

"
My build looks like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ihmemies2/characters (Threadnaught). Nearly the same but I skipped the northern burning tree, it didn't seem that good. Trying to go to the huge life nodes instead because I need survivability more than dmg :D

Those 4 burning nodes probably aren't that necessary. In fact a couple of days ago, after I had my friend hit me with only 1 totem to test if 1 totem can maintain ignite, I did the same thing you did and changed my guide a bit.
"

The elemental prolif gem more than halves ignite dps. Ignite dps is the main damage source so it's not that good for bosses. Replacing it with minion ele resist support gives like +130% ignite DPS for me. So as you said it's good to swap it for harder bosses. As a 6th link I'll maybe try Less duration instead of fire pen if you want balls to the wall ignite DPS. Those "more damage" gems really do stack afer each link for max single target dps.

I found out that many people don't like prolif after I posted this guide. But I'm pretty sure prolif is the best aoe gem. The reason is because your accuracy is low, and if you don't use prolif, you'll end up having to wait for the monsters you missed initially to die before you can move on. Once you get your dps up, remember to try prolif again.

Less duration is quite a pain to use, because it reduces your totem duration by alot. I'd made an explosive arrow totem build in the past and used less duration for it, and I will never do it again. But try out everything and let me know. If you're gonna use reduced duration, use a lvl 19 0q.
"

My gear was 1alc-5chaos, not that expensive. Well the sword was 7c + "a few" jewellers and fuses. Trying to save for a good Kaom's (like 38%), it gives 11%% more DPS with my build and 23% more life. Kaom's gets better and better the more life nodes I take. I also need to respec to +40 life from oak when I get the 20c for regrets.

You're a math person too :D

"
I'm kind of glad the build hasn't become more popular since, I can get relatively cheap items for it :D

Don't think the gear is ever gonna get expensive. They're too common.
If I got an EX I give you fitty C
"
Ihmemies2 wrote:
I had to buy q20 enfeeble to do uber lab. I got 1shotted otherwise. Even without flammability Izaro died in maybe 30 seconds. Running flammability would double the ignite dps (300->600k DPS), but running without enfeeble makes you do 0 dps because you're dead.

I'm not sure how much extra dps you'll do when you cast flammability, but it's not a small amount.

In the uber video I posted I counted a few seconds, and I casted enfeeble. Was it the first time you ran uber with this build? Your first time is gonna take quite a bit longer becuase you don't have taunt and armour on your totems, and it's quite dangerous.

"
Have you considered double curses? Any ideas on how to get mana for it, if you don't want to self-cast? Getting Whispers of doom would be only 5 points for 2x dmg.

Of course. You're gonna have to wear a heretic mask and do a bunch of things if you wanna cast anger and 2 curses on blasphemy. If you're manually cursing, might as well just use vaal lightning trap to get the extra dps. You can't manual curse and use vaal lightning trap because doing both takes too long and is very impractical.
"

E: Bought some windscreams to try out double curses. Threw anger away for flammability. Resists start to be a problem with 6 uniques.. but the damage is pretty sweet 567k now. Path of Building sez I get 220k more with Flammability than Anger, if I have to choose. Need to do some practical tests and see how this double curse business goes without Anger.

How did you compute your dps after flammability? It depends on the monster's resists. Say if the monster's got 119% fire res, then flammability would reduce its resist to 75%. This would render flammability completely useless because they're already capped at 75%. You already got fire pen gem and passives and those don't take into consideration how much monsters' overcap their resists.

Flammability is also not very good on blasphemy if you're not meleeing them in their faces. If you get close to monsters on purpose just to curse them, you'll end up dying alot more than otherwise

I'll post something some time later to address people who are dying alot for whatever reasons. Pls check back.

edit: I just checked out path of building screenshots. I donno, the relationship between dps with respect to enemy resists doesn't look linear, so I'm not sure if path of building tells the whole story. Let me know what you think after to try out flammability instead of anger.
Last edited by maniczombies on Jun 24, 2017, 10:22:11 PM
It was the first time ever I did uber lab, and I did it with 2nd try after swapping to enfeeble. Ignite does stupid amounts of damage so it was over very quickly. I got two keys because I had all conduits up, didn't realize how the conduits worked to disable them :D

I'm not that good with numbers really, someone just told me about Path of Building and I wanted to try it. I don't know if there's any limit on how much you can lower enemy resists, but at least earlier when you got thwm low enough they had a text like "vulnerable to fire". Need to check if that still works. The less resists enemy has the more dmg they take.

Ele prolif feels very nice for mob clearing. I'll try to get another 5-6L oro's and gem it with single target damage in mind. Also I'll try to swap out conc effect to see how much aoe area it increases. They changed the aoe calculations from radius to area increase, so I skipped the witch aoe nodes for more life.

Heretic's veil is slow item compared to daresso. I already feel slow compared to those poison spectral throw builds like howa and mortem morsu. Maybe totems are safer/cheaper though? Hard to say. I'm not in any rush though :)
@Ihmemies2

Let me give you an example. Say monster's fire res is 75% and you normally do 100 damage, you end up doing 25 damage. If you lower its res by 1%, you do 26 damage.

26/25 = 104%

So you do 4% more damage

Say monster's res is 1%. If you normally do 100 damage, you end up doing 99. If you lower its res by 1%, you do 100 damage.

100/99 = 101%

So you do 1% more damage

The rate is different at different monster resistance levels, so the program would have to make certain assumptions to compute dps after flammability (ie. monster res =0).

If monster's resistance is high, then flammability does alot. If monster's res is low, then flammability does very little. Also the more resources you spend to lower their res, the less you'll get in return.

Also monsters res can be as high as 75. If you're in a map that grants them 40% increased resistances, then flammability is completely useless.

Say monster has 0% res. Fire pen from gem and passives will get them to -52%. So if you normally do 100 damage, you would do 152.

After flammability you would lower it's res to -96%. So if you normally do 100 damage, you would do 196.

196/152 = 129%

So you do 29% more damage.

I guess for the most part flammability will do alot more damage than anger. I think anger only gets you about 20% more damage. But you have to give up quite a bit to make that happen.
Last edited by maniczombies on Mar 15, 2017, 4:41:37 AM
New Section added: If You Are Dying
New videos added: 7k armour, 2k w/ flask and double curse
Last edited by maniczombies on Mar 15, 2017, 8:02:26 PM
Running a build that I based off of your tree. I don't really find Unwavering Stance all that important, so I dropped it for more life. I also picked up a The Wise Oak Bismuth Flask. As long as you juggle your resists effectively to have fire as your most uncapped res, you get 20% Fire penetration. Pretty stronk.

Last edited by aahdaddy on Mar 16, 2017, 6:39:54 AM
Fire penetration or increased burning damage gem?
Since i run flammability, leaning towards increased burning.
"
Running a build that I based off of your tree. I don't really find Unwavering Stance all that important, so I dropped it for more life. I also picked up a The Wise Oak Bismuth Flask. As long as you juggle your resists effectively to have fire as your most uncapped res, you get 20% Fire penetration. Pretty stronk.

Thx for posting your feedback.

I can't really play without stun immunity, but if you can then using those points towards life is a good idea.

In order to use the flask you'll need to have 3 elemental res to be over 136 and to be the same (ie. 136, 136, 136). Then you'll need to give up a life flask and put either bleed or freeze immunity in your quicksilver. So it's alot to give up. But that's a sweet flask and it might be worth it. I'll put it in the guide later thank you.
"
plaguefear wrote:
Fire penetration or increased burning damage gem?
Since i run flammability, leaning towards increased burning.

That gem is for burning skills like RF or searing bond. Even if used with those skills inc. burning support suck big time, and they're using it because they don't have 5 useful support gems. In our case, a 3 double dipping jewel would out dps that support gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info