2.6 XtraCheap Oro's Burning Ancestral Warchief (Shaper/Guardian Deathless Vids)

"
japanladies1 wrote:
Hello at srart i would like to thanks for this build :D was looking for a starter build and i almost end as FB War but god bless u i play this little offmeta build :P

After 2-3 Days of game this is how look my eq.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/japanladies1/characters

Ksom is expensive so i use dat plate (cost about 3-4c) Ofc now i need to get 2x opals / kaom and atleast change links at gloves/boots but atm i wanna say dat im happy . Its fun to play atm i can make deadless atziri and farming w/o problems T10 maps with breach/beyond/nemesis combo. Need try on highter tier :) Looking forward for what can change atm and what its in your opinion priorty for me ;P

Glad you like it!

You need to set your profile to public :D
If I got an EX I give you fitty C
Done :)
Maniczombie, im still waiting for your dps guide or video .. or both. Would be nice, pls :-)
Last edited by Wahnfred on Mar 11, 2017, 5:11:45 AM
"
Wahnfred wrote:
Maniczombie, im still waiting for your dps guide or video .. or both. Would be nice, pls :-)

Very very sorry, I was busy.

https://youtu.be/SWk6xEtM8uA

This is a short video to give you some assurance for now. 200k is what you'll be fighting Argus, Atziri, and Phoenix with if your gear and jewels aren't as good as mine. Keep in mind I still have fire pen in my 6l after I changed gems and enemies take 16% increased fire damage from Ascendancy passive (which translate to 16% more damage, because it's damage "taken" and it's the only source of damage taken.)

The reason I say it'll be over 400k is because I picked a Shaper video of a build that has an undeniable 400k dps and compared it to mine for Phase 1 of the fight, and I killed him 10 seconds faster (his went thru the same phases and his totems stayed on Shaper just like mine). And you can do the same thing. I have an undeniable 200k when fighting Phoenix and you can see how much longer it takes when compared to my other guardian videos.

Last edited by maniczombies on Mar 12, 2017, 4:36:57 AM
"
japanladies1 wrote:
Hello at srart i would like to thanks for this build :D was looking for a starter build and i almost end as FB War but god bless u i play this little offmeta build :P

After 2-3 Days of game this is how look my eq.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/japanladies1/characters

Ksom is expensive so i use dat plate (cost about 3-4c) Ofc now i need to get 2x opals / kaom and atleast change links at gloves/boots but atm i wanna say dat im happy . Its fun to play atm i can make deadless atziri and farming w/o problems T10 maps with breach/beyond/nemesis combo. Need try on highter tier :) Looking forward for what can change atm and what its in your opinion priorty for me ;P

I see you got your Oro's linked so you should try to buy your Kaoms asap, cuz that's gonna give you both life and dps. What I did was I bought a Lioneye's chest armour for 1c in the meantime. Then get your Devoto's. Try to not upgrade your other gear until that's done.

What I did was I bought Devoto's first and used a very flimsy 5l body armour. After I linked my sword I changed to a Lioneye's chest and eventually to a Koams. This will ensure that I don't have to change other gear to make up for dex and resists too much. Anyways I'll post something later on how to do it efficiently.

For jewels I'm still using the leveling jewel i mentioned, and I haven't taken any jewel slots yet other than the one that has to be taken. I just used the points on life for now.
Last edited by maniczombies on Mar 12, 2017, 3:56:30 AM
New DPS section

New uber lab vid

Sorry for the delay
Last edited by maniczombies on Mar 12, 2017, 10:59:57 AM
Hello again, I almost completed the Atlas those last few days and I am gonna say and ask about some things. Items I use atm :
Spoiler

My jewels are there ,don't know how to link them properly.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAN1BAcGDgbDCfYLYRDMFCAWCxZvF4wZLho-Gmwc3B8CIbAkqicvJ-0pLioTKo0ulDI0NPc2xTbYNuk6WDrYPC09Xz38RZ1G10kbTLNSU1XGVkhXDVcpWGNY5VorXl1fBF8_ZlRmnmhlaPJxhXIPeyB7s3yDfLiCB4Kbg1-D24V7h2WMz48akFWRK5Rvl4WXlZo7muCdrp7Nn8uf36IAo_Kmo6cIpzCnlKyYr2yvt7FCuX7DE8T2xgTGrsbYz2fQH9H90iHUfNgk2WHZfNq54XPjauvu7DjsVe8O73zv6_Af8WzxrPJB85v2SPiT-tL-hw==?accountName=Lafielaq&characterName=mayxoris

As you can see nothing is close to perfect. I use onslaught instead of another health flask.
Also my ele resists aren't capped and I use Purity of Elements instead of Curse of Flamability setup. That way my totems benefit of res and don't have to waste that gem.

Haven't used Elemental Prof. gem ,went with Faster attacks and the green burning gem. (also just leveled most gems today to 20 and made them into 20q)

A near perfect Oro dropped to me today ,so I will try to 5/6 link it and then change my own (40-50 more fire damage).

I don't think my damage is great. Killing bosses feels mediocre speed atm ,because build is not optimal from jewels,items and enchant.

Anyway ,from t15 ,I completed Core corrupted once ,but tried on another 2 Core maps and failed. 70% bigger aoe just kills me very easily.Other map was what I thougt okayish mods but I still failed.

I think I will easily do Kaom and will go for the twinned challenge there. Have vaal temple and minotaur map ,but with measly 5k life I don't think I will be able to do them for first time. Haven't done Atziri normal either ,just was focused on Atlas completion.

Also can we exclude the minion res gem?

We drop Flammability since we have Fire Penetration and go with the 4 point cluster for totems down. We waste 2 points to reach there ,but we gain much benefit for our Totems. Then use Purity of Elements aura to cap Totem resists and open additional support damage gem for our main skill?

I have to say ,it's fun build ,it can do all possible mods ,but your mechanical skill at dodging shit and clicking flasks has to be superb and you will down everything if your totems have the necessary damage from gear. I got lucky and sold 120%inc ES ,120% RES ,30%MS sorcerer boots for 3exalts. Rest is regal recipe and chaos recipe. I made much chaos/alchemy from selling maps. Went and bought almost every map corrupted to advance faster.

But survaivability is big problem for me. Was 4.5k life ,went and crafted jewels with life and changed those of damage. Now I am 5k life,but still feels squishy.

I will try to improve my gear with enchant - I aim for Orb of Storms aoe % since I think its the best choice ,easily getting crits from it,but dangerous to put it in good way ,so bigger AoE benefits the most I think. Other enchants you mentioned are a tier below ,but still extremely useful.

Oh and up above I mentioned all map mods ,well I failed a twinned t14 act 1 boss map ,there was critical tempest so I got permafrozen (run out of flasks ,almost managed to kill 1 boss ,but dps check failed and run out of flask for anti freeze). Called a RF friend and he ,too got permafrozen and died (his regen kept for quite some-time but he was a frigging statue hahaha!)
"
Lafielaq wrote:
Hello again, I almost completed the Atlas those last few days and I am gonna say and ask about some things. Items I use atm :
Spoiler

My jewels are there ,don't know how to link them properly.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAN1BAcGDgbDCfYLYRDMFCAWCxZvF4wZLho-Gmwc3B8CIbAkqicvJ-0pLioTKo0ulDI0NPc2xTbYNuk6WDrYPC09Xz38RZ1G10kbTLNSU1XGVkhXDVcpWGNY5VorXl1fBF8_ZlRmnmhlaPJxhXIPeyB7s3yDfLiCB4Kbg1-D24V7h2WMz48akFWRK5Rvl4WXlZo7muCdrp7Nn8uf36IAo_Kmo6cIpzCnlKyYr2yvt7FCuX7DE8T2xgTGrsbYz2fQH9H90iHUfNgk2WHZfNq54XPjauvu7DjsVe8O73zv6_Af8WzxrPJB85v2SPiT-tL-hw==?accountName=Lafielaq&characterName=mayxoris

First you really need 2 life flasks. I tried using one before to fit in Vinktar, didn't work. Besides, attack speed from silver flask doesn't really do anything.

You need at least one blue socket for conc effect no question about it.

The belt you should change that to a Dyadian, because when I wrote that it's not manditory a week ago I thought it did 20% faster burning. It changed to 35% this patch. I apologize, will change it now.

Because you'll be wearing Dyadian, you're probably gonna have a hard time capping your res because you'll have too much fire resist.

"
Also my ele resists aren't capped and I use Purity of Elements instead of Curse of Flamability setup. That way my totems benefit of res and don't have to waste that gem

I think you are refering to wasting a gem slot for minion and totem resist support? They changed the gem last league, it now does 19% more double dipping damage. You can use enfeeble, it helps alot if you're dying.

"
Haven't used Elemental Prof. gem ,went with Faster attacks and the green burning gem. (also just leveled most gems today to 20 and made them into 20q)

Faster attacks doesnt do anything. I posted a dps guide earlier if you haven't checked it out already. Sorry for the delay.

If you're having trouble doing damage then don't use elemental prolif, or use it along with conc. effect.
"

A near perfect Oro dropped to me today ,so I will try to 5/6 link it and then change my own (40-50 more fire damage).

OMG!!

"
I don't think my damage is great. Killing bosses feels mediocre speed atm ,because build is not optimal from jewels,items and enchant.

Try to make the changes I mentioned first. Then go for the jewels one at a time. They're still expensive now but I just got 1 for 40c today. Then the rings or 6l.

"
Anyway ,from t15 ,I completed Core corrupted once ,but tried on another 2 Core maps and failed. 70% bigger aoe just kills me very easily.Other map was what I thougt okayish mods but I still failed.

Core is hard! He has the biggest slam in the entire game (Shaper is no.2). Until you get enough dps best stay away from that map. When you have your dps you just stick totems at your 2nd target before your 1st target dies because 1st target will burn to death. The fight ends really quick this way.

"
I think I will easily do Kaom and will go for the twinned challenge there. Have vaal temple and minotaur map ,but with measly 5k life I don't think I will be able to do them for first time. Haven't done Atziri normal either ,just was focused on Atlas completion.

Don't try those yet. I just tried Hydra with one dps nerf mod and I died. I didn't have enough dps.

Also can we exclude the minion res gem?

"
We drop Flammability since we have Fire Penetration and go with the 4 point cluster for totems down. We waste 2 points to reach there ,but we gain much benefit for our Totems. Then use Purity of Elements aura to cap Totem resists and open additional support damage gem for our main skill?

Minion and totem gem is a good deal. I think you should rethink. Going down there is nice, but you have to give up something. If I have enough points I'd grab the wed with fire pen nodes.

"
I have to say ,it's fun build ,it can do all possible mods ,but your mechanical skill at dodging shit and clicking flasks has to be superb and you will down everything if your totems have the necessary damage from gear. I got lucky and sold 120%inc ES ,120% RES ,30%MS sorcerer boots for 3exalts. Rest is regal recipe and chaos recipe. I made much chaos/alchemy from selling maps. Went and bought almost every map corrupted to advance faster.

I'd glad you think it's fun :D

When you have dps you can have enfeeble on blasphemy and run into them a bit, but you have to pop your flasks ahead of time, because there's a lag between what you see and what you do. You pop your life flask(s) when you anticipate getting hit, not after you get hit. The totems will kill them after you do 1 pop of your flask(s), and will recharge your flasks. Or better yet, either invest some points in aura reservation, buy a determination aura enchant helm, and/or buy a lvl 4 empower and cast determination, and change your quicksilver to a granite with mov speed. Once you pop your granite, along with endurance charges, you'll get amazing phy defense.

You are quite a bit richer than me at this point, I only got an ex drop so far and sold stuff for less than 1ex.

I would seriously stay away from those chaos and regal recipes. If you're vendoring them already ided, you're just wasting your time. If you're vendoring them unided, you're losing exalts.
"

But survaivability is big problem for me. Was 4.5k life ,went and crafted jewels with life and changed those of damage. Now I am 5k life,but still feels squishy.

Make some changes first, especially with your gems and your belt. Those are big.

"
I will try to improve my gear with enchant - I aim for Orb of Storms aoe % since I think its the best choice ,easily getting crits from it,but dangerous to put it in good way ,so bigger AoE benefits the most I think. Other enchants you mentioned are a tier below ,but still extremely useful.

I think crit chance is better, cuz if you don't have that enchant in either your helm or your boots you'll likely have to take spell crit nodes. I was wearing those crit boots the whole time last league so I didn't know until now.

Remember this is a double dipping build. Concentrated effect is a must. Procing elemental overload is a must. And beware, elemental prolif will nerf your dps by alot. For boss you must change gems if you're using prolif. Check my dps section and you'll see why. Also I uploaded an uber vid so you can check out my dps and my gear.

Hope things will get better later for ya!
Last edited by maniczombies on Mar 12, 2017, 6:56:54 PM
new section 'how to gear up while mapping' added

updated 'jewels' section
Last edited by maniczombies on Mar 14, 2017, 12:50:44 AM
Thx for the build. Even my noob ass has done better than ever thanks to the totems. I can just stay away from fights and let them do it, in bosses I have all the time to concentrate on dodging attacks and moving around. I'm not that aware of my surroundings so totem gameplay fits me perfectly.

My build looks like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ihmemies2/characters (Threadnaught). Nearly the same but I skipped the northern burning tree, it didn't seem that good. Trying to go to the huge life nodes instead because I need survivability more than dmg :D

The elemental prolif gem more than halves ignite dps. Ignite dps is the main damage source so it's not that good for bosses. Replacing it with minion ele resist support gives like +130% ignite DPS for me. So as you said it's good to swap it for harder bosses. As a 6th link I'll maybe try Less duration instead of fire pen if you want balls to the wall ignite DPS. Those "more damage" gems really do stack afer each link for max single target dps.

My gear was 1alc-5chaos, not that expensive. Well the sword was 7c + "a few" jewellers and fuses. Trying to save for a good Kaom's (like 38%), it gives 11%% more DPS with my build and 23% more life. Kaom's gets better and better the more life nodes I take. I also need to respec to +40 life from oak when I get the 20c for regrets.

I'm kind of glad the build hasn't become more popular since, I can get relatively cheap items for it :D
Last edited by Ihmemies2 on Mar 14, 2017, 4:58:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info