64bit client crashing

2.6.0g (released today) has NOT resolved the crashes on zone transition for me. Played all day with multithreading off with 0 crashes. Read notes -> restarted client and enabled MT -> crashed on portalling back to Hideout from very first map. There wasn't even an error dialogue. There is nothing in the log (literally nothing), and nothing in event viewer. The game window just closed itself.

Turned it back off, and wished for a larger stack of chaos to reroll ground effects until this is actually properly fixed.
Confirmed, game is still crashing after using portals, same conditions as in previous patches...
Spreading salt since 2006
Still crashing with multithreading on when entering portals. Zero crashes with that option turned off. Only seemed to crash when in party.
Multithreating : OFF
Directx9 Active

Still crash

Pathofexile.exe crash and Failed to call DeviceD3D9::Reset: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
"
westley wrote:
Still crashing with multithreading on when entering portals. Zero crashes with that option turned off. Only seemed to crash when in party.

Same here. Crashing only happens when in party. Doesn't have to be portals, even random mapping or entrance to another zone can cause the crash.

"
tkensei wrote:
"
westley wrote:

Same here. Crashing only happens when in party. Doesn't have to be portals, even random mapping or entrance to another zone can cause the crash.

Tested for hours, multithreading on, no crash. Joined party to trade, got a crash straight away changing zones. I think needing to be in a party to reproduce this is why this issue has lingered for 3 weeks.
Still crashing here as well. It runs soooooo good with multithreading on, its unfortunate that i cant keep it on. hopefully they let us know soon what information to send to they can work at fixing it.
"
westley wrote:
"
tkensei wrote:
"
westley wrote:

Tested for hours, multithreading on, no crash. Joined party to trade, got a crash straight away changing zones. I think needing to be in a party to reproduce this is why this issue has lingered for 3 weeks.

this is very interesting and the fact that SSF league just came out could be a reason why there are less reports as it continues too. actually i myself have been doing only SSF and no crashing since like the first fix they applied.

maybe i will create a normal hardcore legacy league character just to see if anything different happens in there.
Last edited by M0rO on Mar 22, 2017, 2:41:03 PM
well... in answer to my last post the answer is no. there were no crashes whatsoever. i created a new character in normal hardcore legacy. i grouped up until act 2 and some zones i entered first, some zones they entered first. some zones had only their legacy mods, some had all of them (when i equipped mine in slot).

so... ya. while it may be reproducable on you guys side which definitely helps i still have to say it is specific hardware or something which is causing this problem. you guys that are still having this issue are definitely going to want to paste your DXDiag and any kind of errors you can, along with the specific steps to reproduce it.

Last edited by M0rO on Mar 22, 2017, 7:40:32 PM
I forgot to mention this only started happening with 2.6 patch. No crashing problems for me before that.

My computer specs :

Intel Core i7-6700K
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII GENE Z170
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
SAMSUNG 850 EVO M.2 500GB SSD
ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W
Last edited by tkensei on Mar 23, 2017, 3:10:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type