[3.0 Cheap Terminus Flicker Raider] [Updating] RampageHunter FlickLone build

thanks, vaal pact solved a lot of my problems
I die at every volatile i flicker into :/ What HP pool is recommended to not die instant every time? I was at 4.5k
Good hp pool to ensure pretty much safe farming is around 5500 hp with fortify in main skill. Even with that t14-15 volatiles with 3+ damage mods can potentially be fatal, but once in 50 maps or so.
Spoiler
"
FallenBard wrote:
So I updated this build. And now i'll take a little more of you time to go into the details.
For the first, rules are still the same.

No this build does not use headhunter, but can. And dreams about it everyday.
Yes this build is very cheap (you can start out around 50c) (as it turned out you can start on 30c budget, probably even less with the price dropping now, most of it is tabula cost)
Yes this build is actually 1.5 times stronger in this league after the passive tree changes and has amazing synergy with league mods.

Here is the updated passive tree (it will be changed often)
www.poeurl.com/bcMj

So for now, a quick demonstration.

I'll try to not waste you time with just words. So here is an example of my character gear early in the legacy league to make things clearer
Spoiler

And here is demonstration of this setup in motion. Well... See it for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGIKgT2RJms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Kd19zFRY8
https://youtu.be/LGABVZCxx0g

But actually i came to conslusion that this version is not safe enough for leveling. So i eventually came up with this setup.

Note the fortify gem in the main link. We are sacrificing around 30% dps for constant fortify effect. Worth it or not is up to you.
If you want to play even safer, then you can use.

They will give you everything you need, except rampage though.

Also if you rich enough you can get those

Not only they provide utility, they can help you to free up to 5 skillpoints.
My current tree on 94 lvl with them look like this.
www.poeurl.com/bcMk

Spoiler

And here is the old version of the build from before league to compare
Here is my standart character gear.
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/-1hPUmiOQ4A

For the first it's our weapons. New Terminus. After the rework it will give us insane attack speed and truly infinite frenzy charges. It have some manaleech issues though.

Then we go into the core of the build that make all the difference. It's inspired learning jewel.
We are using it in the right jewel socket. As you can see in the video even one of those gems can make a tremendous difference in the clearspeed.
There is a way to double this effect by making the second jewel work, it's a tricky way, but we are not looking for easy way. Aren't we? I guess the picture below can explain this move.

So with that we adding 4 brand new endurance charges to the build, using yet another unique mechanic. Finding good paw talisman can be tricky but I already mentioned that it's not an easy way. With the addition of the paw we justify 2 points in the endurance charge as well as mana nodes, and can use 2 inspiring learning jewels at a time, also we are now shining like cristmas tree with all charges the game has to offer. You can get +1end charge corrupted belt too.
Also there is a viable way to activate a THIRD inspiring learning jewel by using the nodes like this.

Use it if you are aiming for maximum meme build. Just do it. Or just get a headhunter already.

Then we go for the shadows and dust gloves - the most expensive item in the build currently but as it stands their price dropped hard in legacy league so you can take them almost right away. They give us ramapge and more critmulti. So it's pretty much selfexplanatory.
As i mentioned before they can be swapped out for Shaper's touch gloves that will give you lot of hp from dex, some mana and nice passive damage boost. You lose movespeed bonus from rampage though and this is the worst thing.

As a body armour it's preferably to use belly of the beast or Kaom for added health. (be aware that kaom will requre 191 strength to just pick it up) Or any other 6link armour you can get your hands on. Be careful with socket colours though. But if you have a clearspeed brain malfunction, you can try to use Bronn's Lithe body armour that will give this build around 20% dps boost and even more movespeed.

We also use darkray boots for added movespeed and frenzy charge. They can be +1 frenzy corrupted as well and abyssus. Abysus give you an insane damage boost and it will be hard to swap it for something else.

When we became storng enough we can can put on soulthirst belt

That gives us a very strong souleater mechanic. It's hard to use and is strongly optional, but gives us a short powerfull burst of damage.
We also swap out warlord's reach jewel for mantra of flames jewel

When we become strong enough to not rely on the cyclone too much.

Flask are pretty obvious. Diamond flask is a musthave because we are greatly dependent on our crit rate, and it's not only about dps, but about clearspeed. We can't go forth if we haven't crit a mob to instakill it and so flicker strike will stutter flicking back and forth when you don't have enough critrate. You don't want to decrease you clearspeed with this and you probably don't want epilepsy too.
But i need to point out vinktar that is REALLY helpfull for our build, making us leech istantly any damage from phys to lightning gem and greatly increasing our damage output, and lion's roar that have knockback strangely synergized with cyclone. Taste of hate is optimal for the build because we have cold damage nodes and it's phys reduction and maxcoldres are nice things too.
We don't use any life flasks in lategame because our leeching mechanic is so strong that you are in dead or alive situation most of the time, you just won't have time to press flask anyway.

Other gear is really simple. We need health and resistance. That's all. No fancy dps stats. Also strength and int are good too because, well build have almost no int nodes at all. Some unique items can be swapped out to cap resistance and gain health, it all depends on your playstyle.

Gems are pretty obvious too. All setups are clear. We use warchief\protector totem only for more damage buff, keep vaal haste up, use cwdt immortal call to not die horribly from some nasty things (be carefull. If you are using end charges - get rid of imm call setup because they will interfere hard), and we use two gem setups for our two main skills. Flicker will dominate the lategame part while cyclone is the early game way to go.
Mana reservation is Hatred because we already have scaling of cold damage and want to shatter enemies. And Blaspemy assasin mark not only for added crit chance and power charges but for 20% more crit damage mostly.

Playstyle
Spoiler
Well the real thing that i have to mention about playsyle is that we have converted elemental skills. So we can bypass reflects without taking any actual damage while leeching with meleesplash, dodge helps with reflect too, but still you need to be a little bit carefull with ele reflect ones.
That build still can't do elemental reflect maps and noleech maps (you have 90% elemental convert, so you don't have to worry about physical). But can do any other map mods up to tier 16 on shaped maps.
That build is not intended as guardian killer, but actually can kill them. But i'm not advicing you to even try. You death is only one bad luck hit away.
I'm working on a way to fit a spare set of gear into a build that can be excanged with farm gear to turn the build into the boss killer. So stay tuned.

Leveling
Spoiler
I already started out on legacy league and made this build work, so can provide some tips of what do you need for the start.
Here the sample of leveling tree, with passives that you need to rush for somehow comfort leveling.
www.poeurl.com/bc3p
We will get frenzy charges after normal lab so we can put them to use at once.

So to the actual leveling.
Up to the dried lake on merc we are using dual rapiers setup.
We take Frost Blades from the start as our main skill and link it with added fire\elemental damage + faster attack + melee damage.
At act 2 we pick up herald of ash and Hatred a bit later for mana reservation.
Then we go up to act 3 with it and switch out to blade flurry with almost same gem setup. That would be enough to kill cruel Izario when we get to merc difficulty, and go up to merc lake.

!You can straight on swap to terminus on lvl 51 if you wish, but the swap with no gear can be painful!

After that we probably have enough leech and points to rush vaalpact and take Hiltless Blade as our main weapon. With

Cyclone + Increased critical + elemental damage + melee damage + physical to lightning + fortify.

Tabula is recomended at this level or you will hit yourself really hard with hiltless.
When you feel that you have enough you are switching out to terminus est and rework you skill setup.
Also it's time to get rid of herald of ash and activate our assasin mark blasphemy setup. Don't forget to get diamond flask it's uptime is CRUCIAL to the build.

6l Flicker strike + Phys to lightning + elemental damage + melee damage + melee splash + multistrike
4l Cyclone + faster attacks + fortify + increased critical (melee physical for 5l)

With this we can sustain fortify and generate starting charges with cyclone while flicking constantly, flick can have manaleech problems on single targets, so you can switch to cyclone from time to time it still has good dps and much safer.

Items that are good for leveling.
Goldrim helmet.

Well this thing is just lifesaver. Resists are nightmare on merc difficulty and we have many uniques and low lifepool that make it even harder for us to survive elementals. I really recomend this cap for a long time, don't be lured into some good looking dps hats. We MUST cap our resistances to survive.

The magnate belt

Can help you to deal with those pesky resistances increasing you damage and gaining some utility at the same time. You will probably have exactly around 200 strength with a belt on.

Death Rush ring

It have everything that we need except resistances and gives us free onslaught to speed up our leveling. Anyway - great choice.

OR

Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring

It will give you another dose of resists, and solve any manaleech problems caused by terminus attack speed. All in all it's a good "nobrain" pick.

So all in all this challenges the main staples of the clearspeed: vaalspark and discharge. And it have much, MUCH less budget cost. Also it's really fun to play because it's adapting to every map and to every playstyle. You can feel the build and you surroundings collecting everything you need at the same time.
I have to add that it has amazing synergy with this league especially it awesome and fun in breaches, can use rampage mechanic well, ready for any beyond or warbands attacks and all in all feels like it intended for that.

I hope you enjoyed reading and watching this. And so we are going to the upcoming league. Good luck. Headhunter.

MAN!

I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU! LOL.
Lvl 59 so far, and really enjoing the epilepsia xD
I have some questions though;

There are some differences on your trees, wich one is the correct to follow?
And why Kaom's? isnt Belly a better option?

And..whats yout tooltip dps on flicker strike?
Last edited by Berkleys on Apr 2, 2017, 3:23:04 PM
Glad to hear that it's fun for you guys.

"
There are some differences on your trees, wich one is the correct to follow?

First tree is a basic tree. It's the one to roughtly aim at the beginning.
Second one abuses the strength of talisman with endurance charges and aquity gloves that allow to drop vaal pack as well as some int nodes.

Kaom is much more comfortable for simple reason that it's give you more hp. And you don't actually have any usefull choice for 6l skill except the cyclone\vaal cyclone, that are well, not actually needed. So all we are focusing on is to survive volatiles. Those are quite pesky at times, and there are other sources of oneshots too ofc.

Optimal tooltip is around 12k in ho with fortify in main link. But it can quite differ. There are tons of buffs, charges and chance mechanic that you can't actually tell you real dps in this exact moment most of the time.
Any way to see the passive trees?
poeurl is down for me.
Last edited by lymsha on Apr 4, 2017, 3:42:20 PM
Strange. Works fine for me.
But you can look up my character's profiles. They are open to everyone. But they have "a bit" of lategame tree.
was so fun to play this build ,sad this build so underrated :/
Last edited by RestlnPeace on Apr 17, 2017, 10:48:03 PM
hi thanks for the builds
but my english is not that good and cant really

understand what jewels u r using

what jewels should i use?
"
RestlnPeace wrote:
was so fun to play this build ,sad this build so underrated :/

Thanks for apreciation :)

"
what jewels should i use?

In the final build with aquity we are using only 2 inspired learing jewels.
Without aquity we are placing mantra of flames jewel into the socket near the vaal pact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info