league starter - warchief or shock nova?

i know there are a ton of threads about what build to start off with and what not to do.

but i decided to make one anyway as i am looking to choose between 2 specific ones.

i saw a video from Mathilification about a shock nova inquisitor which looked interesting, i also heard alot about ancestral warchief being super good for league starter since its cost efficient and can also scale very good with end game gear.

are they anyone who might be able to give me some advice or pointers towards these 2 builds?
the only downside with these 2 builds i have heard are:

ancestral warchief needs facebreaker which can be expensive early on in league or hard to find and is kinda a must?

shock nova inquisitor might still be uncertain about how good since its build around some of the new passives on skill tree.
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2017, 3:31:43 AM
Hrm. I suppose it depends on what exactly you're asking - do you usually play multiple characters a league and want to know which to play first - or are you only interested in going through the levelling experience once and asking which should be your only character?

If you only want to play one build during the league, then I'd suggest Warchief. It's a decent league starter and the long-term goal can be a Facebreaker Relic to really push the build as far as it can go. If you're going to play Warchief in any league, this is probably the best one.

If you plan on playing both and want to know which to start off with, I'd lean towards the Shock Nova character just because it doesn't have any required uniques, and it's not something I've played before so it'd be more interesting. Your mileage may vary here, naturally.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
my plan is to start with 1 character and play it for a decent amount of time and if i like the build alot i will invest more and more currency in it.

else i will primairly play it to farm currency in order to make a more costly build in the future.

so for now its only a league starter.

but how well does the warchief do without facebreaker?
Warchief doesn't NEED facebreaker to start. Just get your hands on a decent 2 hander. 600-800% facebreakers will probably be pretty cheap pretty quickly, since the legacy 1000% will be out there (eventually).
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info