[2.6] "Mist Eater" MoM Flameblast In-Depth Guide

What weapon unique would you suggest until you get lvl 75 and you equip doryanis, eventually what could be a late game budget weapon in new leagues when doryanis is quite expensive
"
Iamdense wrote:
What weapon unique would you suggest until you get lvl 75 and you equip doryanis, eventually what could be a late game budget weapon in new leagues when doryanis is quite expensive

Hello, there.

I suggest getting a Singularity unique mace, you can use it @ lvl 62 if I'm not mistaken.
Or you can pretty much use wands/sceptres with high Fire/Spell damage and cast speed if you're SSF.
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
okey ty, nice build btw
Hi, I'm currently playing this build, but what do you think about going Inquisitor instead of Hierophant? What are the pros and cons of going Inquisitor? Will the build still works?
"
Ryouuko wrote:
Hi, I'm currently playing this build, but what do you think about going Inquisitor instead of Hierophant? What are the pros and cons of going Inquisitor? Will the build still works?

Hi there,
I am currently playing this build. Been awesome, though I'm still troubled about going Inquisitor.
Lvl 65 atm no ascendency yet :P

You can see my profile here https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Krist90 --> Char name is VodoooMann :)

Oh, boys, the site didn't gave me any notification about your recent replies. :/

If you are planning to go Inquisitor you would be better suited if using a Spell Totem, but for that you should follow a "Pizza Sticks" build.
Inquisitor doesn't offer anything that helps Mind over Mater users (Mana, mana regen and reduced mana cost), but it can offer the most damage IF you are going crit, otherwise, I don't think it is worth it...
Also, you will need to invest in some sort of reduced mana cost/-x Mana Cost to skill or high mana regen to get the best use of Mind Over Matter, or else you be Out of Mana pretty much all of the time in tier 10+ maps or when you take a big hit.

Anyway, since this build was heavily based around double-dipping to boost FB hit and Ignite, this will not be possible in 3.0, and I didn't planned anything else that can make this build survive. I will wait for patch notes when 3.0 release and see if it is possible to make this build viable.

Thx,

Razielim.

Last edited by jplimab on Jul 24, 2017, 4:04:49 AM
Hello,

I started playing on the 3.0, but I realized that what I was going for is not possible in the end. i didn't realise that MoM didn't protect my energy shield, thus making it pretty useless on what I was going for.

Since your start is pretty similar to mine, I can probably update mine to look like yours and save myself the trouble of starting over. I would like to know though, as I have a few questions:
1) If you reserve all your mana (as seen in your video presentation) you don't have mana to take the damage from. What's the point of MoM?

2) If you take Eldritch battery, you'll then get your ES on top of your mana to protect you... But isn't that the original objective of ES? You're taking 2 keystone to have your ES behave the way it already does.

3) Wouldn't it be better to put your curses in the gloves? Since the gloves increase the AOE effect, your spell applying curse on hit would hit more people.

4) Would this build be viable in 3.0?
Last edited by Elgate on Aug 22, 2017, 5:01:17 PM
"
Elgate wrote:
Hello,

I started playing on the 3.0, but I realized that what I was going for is not possible in the end. i didn't realise that MoM didn't protect my energy shield, thus making it pretty useless on what I was going for.

Since your start is pretty similar to mine, I can probably update mine to look like yours and save myself the trouble of starting over. I would like to know though, as I have a few questions:
1) If you reserve all your mana (as seen in your video presentation) you don't have mana to take the damage from. What's the point of MoM?

2) If you take Eldritch battery, you'll then get your ES on top of your mana to protect you... But isn't that the original objective of ES? You're taking 2 keystone to have your ES behave the way it already does.

3) Wouldn't it be better to put your curses in the gloves? Since the gloves increase the AOE effect, your spell applying curse on hit would hit more people.

4) Would this build be viable in 3.0?

Hello.

TL;DR: The build is not viable anymore. At least with Flamablast. The double dipping changes made us lost too much damage on the ignites, and it's not worth to go for Flameblast anymore.

Answering your questions:
1) We ONLY reserve all of the mana when we grab the Eldritch Battery keystone. There is no point on reserving all the mana without this keystone.

2) Eldritch Battery is best used when you want to reserve all of your mana to get more auras into play (offensive or defensive) and you still have your MoM applied to ES, which is better than regular ES for the simple fact that you can mitigate Chaos/Degen damage as well. So it's an option that i've presented in the build, but is not the core of it.

3) Curses are already socketed in gloves. See the CWDT setup: The curses linked get the full benefit of the AoE modifier when triggered. The OoS is already large enough to apply curses on its range, so I putted the Orb of Storms in boots to get some leech while it's damaging something.

4) Yes, but not for Flameblast. I would recommend playing Storm Call using the same tree.

Cheers,

Razielim.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info