[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

let me know if you need pointers on it . i went through quite a few hiccups when i was building the ci character last league

oh i forgot to mention. whats with the life leech gem?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 9, 2017, 7:21:08 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
let me know if you need pointers on it . i went through quite a few hiccups when i was building the ci character last league

I am swapping gems around constantly to try things, I am no big fan of life leech but wanted to see how their sustain with it was. As expected not very good
"
allana wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

I am swapping gems around constantly to try things, I am no big fan of life leech but wanted to see how their sustain with it was. As expected not very good

indeed its more efficient to make their initial hit larger to scale the .8 leech on the tree than it is wasting a link for a pathetic 2% leech on a gem

a similar principle can be extended to fortify . sure they get more theoretical hp .. but they could also be making the fight last proportionally longer.

this is why i suggested the gems i did in the beginning. and why united in dream isnt nearly as omg dis is the most op thing for summoners option as everyone thinks it is.

heck id say buy a corrupted failed level 3 empower for cheap while you save up for a level 4.

20% more damage is a decent amount of damage and it also gives you extra hp , extra armor and extra accuracy rating on the zombies..

its a decent middle ground for everything

and if you do go back to united in dream . i would suggest pairing it with spirit offering . void manipulation and wither totem this will give you some extra double dipping goodness (only for bosses that are beefly and mostly static)

i hate to say this but i think this str build might be shackled to montreguls grasp . and ill elaborate why in another post
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 9, 2017, 7:42:50 AM
So The large problem zombies face in end game is (as many people are probably running into) sustain in prolonged engagements with a suitably dangerous foe. you will probably see this

in orchard . in plaza possible core but mostly in guardian shaper and uber.

in terms of the tools minions get alone .. you dont actually have much. you have some leech which is ok .8% you have some regen 2.5% and you have a large base hp pool. by themselves that isnt much sustain at all since you have no flasks to work with in most cases.

So much of my sandboxing in previous leagues was about extending their limited options as much as i could

their life regen was crap? well i tried to extended it by using femurs of the saints .. sulfur flasks and vitality
then i increased their base hp as much as i could with empower and minion life jewels

2.5% - 4.7% life regen on 15k hp minions is .. understandably trivial .. about 700 hp/sc not enough to tank anything

but 11% on 26k hp minion? 2860 hp second now we are talking.

But you cant stop there.

I had to use curses too 58% curse effect enfeeble and temp chains even against bosses with large curse reduction this is still about 40% less dps . which naturally means that life regen is going 40% farther.

The problem with this str build is you cant really do either of those things well
your jewels are taken
your curses are impractical due to tree investment
and you could use a sulfur flask and get stuck in with the zombies .. but is that a good idea? nope.

This means your zombies need to scale the big thing they have left .. base hp .. and that is montre. I cant see this build not using montre in end game .. i just dont see the sustain without it
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 9, 2017, 7:54:04 AM
I have some ideas. For now I am gonna try it more towards your way. What spectres are you using? Something from act 2 i recall
"
allana wrote:
I have some ideas. For now I am gonna try it more towards your way. What spectres are you using? Something from act 2 i recall

carnage chieftains from old fields , you link them with blood magic and optionally minion life if you feel they are squishy

you should be able to use the specter summon trick in maps to get high level versions of them.

you only really need two of them to maintain a decent chunk of frenzy charges

the charges should also help with the movement speed of the zombies
This build hyped me so much but now is draining a large amount of currency trying to 6link that Geofri. I had to put zombie on baron. I still need to buy astramentis + brawns :(

And if you are saying it's not totally end game viable I maybe should sell jewels and stuff and gear something more meta. This is the first league I play for real (beginner) and I've never see end game bosses.

I'm downhearted :(
Last edited by Pheu on Mar 9, 2017, 8:27:08 AM
"
Pheu wrote:
This build hyped me so much but now is draining a large amount of currency trying to 6link that Geofri. I had to put zombie on baron. And I still need to buy astramentis + brawns :(

And if you are saying it's not totally end game viable I maybe should sell jewels and stuff and gear something more meta. This is the first league I play for real (beginner) and I've never see end game bosses.

I'm downhearted :(

we dont actually know if it is or not . this is technically the first league where montre is not shit and the baron is a thing.

plus you really should not be linking your chest before you have all the other bits in place . 6ling stuff is more about luck than anything else ..so it is better to get the other things out of the way.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

"
I'm more in the noob part of POE. But i m asking myself, it could be nice to use spirit offering for bosses ?
Minions'll lose a lot of atk/mouvement speed without flesh offering but the ++resists/es for them and extra chaos dmg can't be good ?

spirit offering is a deceptively bad option in many fights you dont appreciate the loss of 30% ms 30% cast speed and 30% attack speed until its not there

flesh offering aids so many other aspects of the summoner that the only way i would use spirit offering is in combination with wither totem as an opener .. but i would also want a flesh offering around for the mobility it provides.

when i did Minotaur on my summoner i did use spirit offering.. for this very reason. but he is pretty static at the start.

i see, thx you

i just tried the carnage chieftains, it's awesome ! (but why linked them with blood magic ?)
I'm having serious issues capping my resistances with gear now, but my clearspeed & damage are great.

Spoiler

I believe I need to replace Meginord's Vise with tri-res gloves instead. Astramentis may also be out of the question...
Last edited by Agent_Wesker on Mar 9, 2017, 9:09:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info