2.6 All Strengh Chieftain Molten Strike Brutus'Lead Sprinkler Theory

"
Assword wrote:
"
You're a noob and already have a Xoph's Blood! Damn I must be worse than a noob since I've been playing this game for a long time and can't afford a Xoph's Blood yet lol.

But seriously, it's about fine tuning the gear now and just gaining more levels. I think well rolled Opal rings may be our best in slot option. I have no experience with emberwake or taming so I could be wrong. Getting the most strength we can on gear without sacrificing other stats is key. I also find attack speed to be huge for this build. A Belly of the Beast may also be our best option for a 6L however it is costly.

I am also worried about end game with this build. Everything up to Uber lab and T9 has been pretty easy so far but I know guardians have huge life pools.

So the +elemental dmg is better than the +fire dmg to attacks? I was thinking that since the +fire dmg was scaled it would be a better option, but I can see how I've made an error. Also about the 6L I was speaking more t'wards the best gem setup for the links. I am working for a 6L belly of the beast but that won't come for a few days as the cost is atrocious (min 7 exalted for 40%). Also is there a practical way to combat the chaos dmg that just shreds through me, or is it just something I'll have to live with?
Thanks for the input.

As I understand it, % increased elemental dmg provides more versatility since it will affect any fire, lightning or cold damage. So 10% increase elemental damage is the same as 10% increased fire damage. Someone correct me if I am wrong of course! I think most elemental specific nodes on the tree provide a higher boost to the corresponding elemental damge. You see a good example of this in the elemental wheel to the left of the Templar starting are. The wheel provides 12% increases to specific damage types (fire, cold, lightning) while the more flexible increased elemental damage only provide 6%.

I am currently running MS - Ele Focus - Faster Atks - Fire Pen - WED - Multistrike in my 6L. However I wonder if we sacrifice too much with the loss of ignite by using Ele Focus? Chaos damage is a bit of a bitch to deal with sometimes with life based characters. Last league Chayula tore me up however it was no problem for CI or Shav builds. I'm open to suggestions on that front.
Elemental focus costs you millions of dps.
So you are suggesting replacing elemental focus with increased area of effect or concentrated effect (maybe another I am not think of)? As for chaos resist, I have been much tankier since getting an Atziri flask. That 35% chaos resist is really helping.
Elemental focus is best support unless you're doing an ignite-based build. I have a hard time seeing how you could ever get crit based build to match DPS of non crit for this weapon though.
"
DrWafer wrote:
Elemental focus is best support unless you're doing an ignite-based build. I have a hard time seeing how you could ever get crit based build to match DPS of non crit for this weapon though.

How's the shaper touch version going ?

I'm struggling in T13 and thinking about going for it.
Last edited by Pandaroux on Mar 19, 2017, 10:15:18 AM
Shaper's touch MoM version clears through T15 fine. Need to do Uber lab and then try guardians. Xophs would be nice but they should be fine without it.
Last edited by DrWafer on Mar 19, 2017, 10:19:46 AM
Making a non-crit Molten striker with 2x Brutus too, level 84 with 1.4k strength and 6.9k hp, doing alright for now but still having some issue with uber lab sadly.

Still having to work some of my gem setup and items but if you have any good critics please do.

Here goes nothing

Spoiler

Also this flask is quite nice with high amount of HP

And here's the passive : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcA9YEswUtBsMOPBOlFCAUcRR1FSAYkRo4GlUirybzJy8s6S5TMZ4yiTWSNug4UzpSOrM62DrhPC09_EMxRtdHfkz_TeNOKlBHWGNZ81uvXz9hIWP9ZKNlTWZUZ5toZXGFcg9yqXTtdct2rHbnd-V65nrvfNl99YIHgpuDX4PMhNmE74V7hmCGs4zPkAqQVZo7ogCkwqZXpqOsqq2Nrj63Prl-vJ-9Nr1gvqfAZsQVxPbGBMauxtjPftNv1ljYvdl82sHdDeFz5FHqGOpi7DjvDvAf8kXz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==?accountName=Khalldarian&characterName=DeadMenTellNoMemes
Hello again!

In my first post I was wrong about many things, so i changed my build quite a bit.

I was facing hard times grinding to lvl 90 and clearing T14 Maps. I insta died to reflect mobs a lot. Damage was more than enough but it felt too squishy for the real endgame.

Changes in build:

- accuracy rating (was wrong about that, get some +300 accuracy items and you´ll be fine)
- I felt like the only option to make it more survivable is instant leech. Vaal Pact seems too far away and I was lucky to get my hands on a pair of Atziri's Acuity
- Since I need crit for Atziri's Acuity to work i spected out of EO and into Mace, Melee and Dual Wield crit nodes. Combined with Ice Golem, Assasins Mark/Blasphemy, and increased crit support gem I get a crit chance of 76% with 3 power charges up and multiplier of 245%.

How does it work out?

- feels a lot safer
- reflect mobs are no problem now
- Can outleech and facetank anything that doesn´t oneshot me
- Damage feels less, which is mostly due to not being able to use fire penetration any more. It´s still pretty good though.
- I´m missing out on a lot of strength (around 1k now, had 1.3k before)

Here´s the tree:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPExOwB2xthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FEx-2eb1I8ZLtlhVw3SIa2Nz37zm2hlns2nMAHnNugb-iXfpBmfy4ZgIq84U3bnGlVhIYTv2sFDMXTtBS0uU9Nveu9AoCFgdPEY2xR1pMJbrw2Nh3ZKfRX2YnkABo9gbyeaao1-t7Z1y76nZU29Nkd-hNkn7cT2r6c9D3y7d-U62CcvkFXsOIV7ZlSCm5o74XOiAASzwGat8RhdKU_kImn-E8xP8-zLcqn3MpJ93CPlz5hvxq48LYPMtz6DX_4K2L3qYn_jOrMppSbzE6W5fsYEpqMGwwPWvWAAAAAAAA==

And the Gear:

Spoiler

Keep up the good work and have fun,
Cheers!
RT or eo + embertaming is the way to go. Crit is too much investment both in passives and gems. I don't think losing gem slots for ICS is worth losing elemental focus or conc effect (Why I see people not using this is beyond me). All you need is wed and str on every item to get enough dps for everything in the game, and either way you really need the hp. I'm at 7k right now but I think 8k should be doable with better gear. You can see my character in profile AggnogMS
Last edited by Aggnog on Mar 20, 2017, 10:42:08 AM
"
Aggnog wrote:
RT or eo + embertaming is the way to go. Crit is too much investment both in passives and gems. I don't think losing gem slots for ICS is worth losing elemental focus or conc effect (Why I see people not using this is beyond me). All you need is wed and str on every item to get enough dps for everything in the game, and either way you really need the hp. I'm at 7k right now but I think 8k should be doable with better gear. You can see my character in profile AggnogMS

Juggernaut EO or Raider RT IMO. Embertaming is a waste, don't need any more damage and ignite chance is pretty low anyways. Rather get life + str on rings, also have fun capping resists...

Crit is definitely a no-go!
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info