Ideal PvP Scene?

"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:
"
Gay_Lord wrote:

Picture this: You walk into the Arena and there's 2 dudes... ...each other repeatedly... ...to smash ...then one marauder is cr0wned

Is this what we're looking for??

[white noise]

TL;dr: Dafuq do you cry-babies want anyways?

GGG delivered on spiders with zana mod so the next step is compeditive cosplaying, I have some ideas in mind but it hinges on if Rlowe will hold round cards and if we have enough funds to hire prostitutes.

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting on rlowe to deliver on that last one.
"
"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:
"
Gay_Lord wrote:

Picture this: You walk into the Arena and there's 2 dudes... ...each other repeatedly... ...to smash ...then one marauder is cr0wned

Is this what we're looking for??

[white noise]

TL;dr: Dafuq do you cry-babies want anyways?

GGG delivered on spiders with zana mod so the next step is compeditive cosplaying, I have some ideas in mind but it hinges on if Rlowe will hold round cards and if we have enough funds to hire prostitutes.

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting on rlowe to deliver on that last one.

I dunno, I thought guild relations were improving. I think a pretty key feature for any of this to wirk would be some improved relations between pvpers.

"
Pathfinder flask gain/flask bonuses does not function in pvp

Actually, that seems fair enough, they gimped inquisitor with similar restraints, so why not pathfinder?
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
A lot of good points made. I've said this a few times before, but what made D2 PvP work was damage sticking and having to land several hits to down your opponent.

People seem to have covered that in the thread already along with outrageous defense and instant heal bullshit + flasks.

The core things needed have been talked about many times, but we just don't have the attention from GGG. Nothing's going to move without them giving a fuck.

I stick around because I love the PvE, not the PvP. I do enjoy our CTF matches very much, tho, but it's hard to find people who are willing to participate. Nothing's going to make me actually enjoy the PvP in this game other than a Dev showing up and saying "k...we ignored this part of the game for too long, it's time to fix shit".
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Totems cannot be killed for 5 seconds after being placed.

Global ancestral bond given to every character in a pvp zone.

No names on minimap. No names anywhere.

Raging at people mutes you and turns you into a goat for 10 seconds and signs you up for anger management IRL. Also, people show up at your door to hug you.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
My few Major points :

Pvp formula rework (one for everything) with diminush return after a certain treshold. That way you can still chase for better gear (wich is a fundamental of this game imo) but it doesn't give you an insane advantage against regular players and would push skill over rmt (sorry it has to be said).

Secondary damages skills deal no damages (shit has to go away for ever)

Skills used with triggger gems deal no damages (you have to manually cast skills, seems fair to me)

Skills used with trap support have greatly reduced damage (no T value override, usual traps like lightning and frost are fine).

Zerphy rework

Pathfinder flask and immunity disabled

Diminush return on regen after a certain treshold (same as damage, it seems fair to push this kind of defense but not to the point of achieving immortality).

Also I'm not against one shot mechanism as long as you have TO MANUALLY AIM to score a kill, like flameblast (overtune right now I agree) where you have to aim and anticipate. it's skill based.
But spamming Fireball/LA/EA with maximum AOE is retarded (I'm guilty of this one).

Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 3, 2017, 5:32:53 AM
winter nerf too/ glove echant. Mine deal 9-14k with no investment and 4 proj lol.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 3, 2017, 5:02:02 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:

(I'm guilty of this one).

STOP SPAWN KILLING YOU GLORIOUS BASTEARD :P
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Head_Less wrote:

STOP SPAWN KILLING YOU GLORIOUS BASTEARD :P

I've got a list of people who did that to me multiple time without any reasons, you're on it for now ^^
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 3, 2017, 5:29:30 AM
what people want to get nerfed are mostly win conditions for other builds(regen, flameblast one shot
, for example), what we need are more tools, not to bash win conditions of other builds. every body wants to cripple other builds. runawayfixer had also a great idea for T value fix, that solution is the best solution to the damage problem we have now. If i were an admin i'd pin it to the top of the pvp discussion / feedback.

this is the fate of pvp, whatever makes you lose is 70% of the time you lack answer to the win condition of other build, 10% time broken stuff, probably 20% of the time lacking tools to have answer in game. numbers are just to make you think about it. totally approximate

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
what people want to get nerfed are mostly win conditions for other builds(regen, flameblast one shot
, for example), what we need are more tools, not to bash win conditions of other builds. every body wants to cripple other builds. runawayfixer had also a great idea for T value fix, that solution is the best solution to the damage problem we have now. If i were an admin i'd pin it to the top of the pvp discussion / feedback.

this is the fate of pvp, whatever makes you lose is 70% of the time you lack answer to the win condition of other build, 10% time broken stuff, probably 20% of the time lacking tools to have answer in game. numbers are just to make you think about it. totally approximate

- A few of you discussing PvP

"i helpin u guiz fix da pvpz. u juz need mor tool so u can liv da hitz huur huur huur. dont go nerfz mai buld cuz cant handul it bro"
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 3, 2017, 7:23:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info