[2.6] EK NOVA Pathfinder/Occultist Millions of DPS. UPDATED w/ Leveling Guide!

Nice guide, what about going as Assasin? You have free power generation + really strong poison multiplicater and solid crit
Assuming you had the budget, any thought to building around the chayula unique jewels to generate charges and/or skyforth? How would the build differ?

thanks!
Power charge generation is easy enough already. If I wasn't playing hardcore, I'd consider an assassin. I'd rather have free frenzy charge generation from Raider or Trickster. Assassin offers us no extra defenses. You can forgo defense entirely if you're just playing Standard. without status ailment immunity, we have to account for at least Shock and Bleed, so you need to use two regular flasks, or use death's door.

Skyforth is a luxury, of course, it would open up the Valyrium ring slot, and the PCOC gem slot. when we drop Rainbowstride for any other boots, however, we need to replace the spell block somewhere else. Some other boots you can use are Death's Door, Windscream, Brinerot Whalers, just pair them with a Rathpith Globe to replace the spell block.

you want to use one of these combinations:

Stone of Lazhwar + Rainbowstride + Reckless defense= 95% of block chance to spell block.

Stone of Lazhwar + Rathpith Globe = 110%

Rathpith Globe + Rainbowstride + Reckless Defense = 105%

As far as the jewels go for generating charges.. The red nightmare that adds block chance would be great, but we would have to change 10-20 points on the tree to get the right jewel node. it doesn't work with the tree as is.

Just ripped on HC legacy. Taking this build now. How are the HC legacy guys doing with this build? TOok witch to be a bit more safe
Is it possible to make it low life with shavs instead of CI ? Pain attunement is kinda nice here
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
So for bandits, you would do something like the following:

Normal: Skill point
Cruel: Cast Speed
Merciless: +1 Frenzy Charge

or am I mistaken?
Last edited by Azull on Mar 4, 2017, 11:27:23 AM
I'm confused,what skill tree should i follow? The one on the character u already made,or the one in the guide under pathfinder? Also should i get Nature's Adrenaline or Veteran Bowyer for Pathfinder??

What should i look for on a rare weapon? and what would be better for dps,Apep's Rage or delirium weapon?
What do you think about using a Dagger instead. Then you could get insanity gloves, Shield Charge Helm enchant and stack some more AS on your Whirling Blades is painfully slow im sure walking is faster lol.

Then you can just zoom around and use ring of blades for easy AoE spam and good speedclear.
IGN: GrrisRanger
Last edited by Grris on Mar 4, 2017, 6:07:23 PM
"
Kamata954 wrote:
I'm confused,what skill tree should i follow? The one on the character u already made,or the one in the guide under pathfinder? Also should i get Nature's Adrenaline or Veteran Bowyer for Pathfinder??

What should i look for on a rare weapon? and what would be better for dps,Apep's Rage or delirium weapon?

follow the new tree in the Pathfinder guide. Veteran Bowyer can be a great first ascendancy for leveling, but I think Nature's Adrenaline will ultimately add more clear speed. We already have fantastic flask charge gain, and 10% phys as random element isn't all that special. I'd go Poison -> Master Alchemist -> Nature's Adrenaline.

rare wand, or dagger: look for Cast Speed. Spell Damage. Spell Crit chance. and either added Cold damage (for ice bite) or added Lightning damage to spells(for shock)..

Apep's Rage is what all the damage calcs are done with. I'd like to import an existing Delirium rare and test the dps in path of building, if you have one that you want me to test, PM me a link to the item. The reason I want to switch to Wand is so you can use Frenzy at a distance to manually generate frenzy charges against bosses.

Low life is always an option. I would add Hatred or Haste on life as the aura. Occultist might be the better choice for Shav's/low life since she can use Ming's Heart for that awesome chaos res. The only issue with this is we are pretty low on skill gem slots. You would have to drop the wither totem, ice bite/frenzy/innervate, or the golem+enduring cry.

edit: my favorite thing from essence league is the ability to craft cast speed on daggers. however I found Apep's rage damage was about the same as this (if only the added lightning dmg was to spells):

edit again: Go ahead and get the cast speed from Cruel bandits. I realize I attributed an extra skill point of dex for the new jewel, forgot that the dex doesn't need to be allocated.
Last edited by luckyshin on Mar 4, 2017, 9:32:42 PM
do you think it would be worth it to put another Ring of blades beside mind drinker/blood drinker?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info