[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
SeanTay92 wrote:
so are u saying i need 2 enlighten support in this build? Because im using one of it linking to my vitality, poi, pol on my vertex helm.

I used empower in my gloves which is linked to discipline, blood magic support as shown in the guide. and my hp is never high enough although my blood magic is still lvl 8.

My links are:

Vertex - Enlighten 3, Purity of Fire, Discipline, Vitality (discipline helm enchant)
unlinked - Purity of Ice
boots - Blood Magic, Clarity 4, Arctic Armour, Purity of Lightning.

Leaves me with 2% life unreserved.

My blood Magic gem is 20/20, but I was running this setup at lower levels. I'd suggest buying a x/20 blood magic gem from poetrade.
Last edited by EsperP on Sep 8, 2017, 9:59:09 AM
I decided to try out the build and it's been pretty fun so far.

I have a question about reaching 8 stacks on Scorching Ray. Because of Efficacy in the links, Scorching Ray debuff duration is at 1.74s. Afhack's set-up results in a casting time of 2.92 for Scorching Ray, which is a 0.34 cast time, and I see many other builds posted here that are not even close to such a low cast time. Wouldn't that mean that at most Afhack would get 5 stacks and not 8?

Maybe I'm not understanding the mechanics of Scorching Ray correctly, but I thought that each "cast" of SR results in one stack being applied, and that debuff expires in 1.74 seconds (so long as Efficacy is in the 6L for SR). Should we not be taking Potency of Will on the tree? Furthermore, it seems Swift Affliction is a bad idea even without a +1 gems chest, because it lowers the duration of the stacks.

So, am I missing something?
"
DicemanX wrote:
I decided to try out the build and it's been pretty fun so far.

I have a question about reaching 8 stacks on Scorching Ray. Because of Efficacy in the links, Scorching Ray debuff duration is at 1.74s. Afhack's set-up results in a casting time of 2.92 for Scorching Ray, which is a 0.34 cast time, and I see many other builds posted here that are not even close to such a low cast time. Wouldn't that mean that at most Afhack would get 5 stacks and not 8?

Maybe I'm not understanding the mechanics of Scorching Ray correctly, but I thought that each "cast" of SR results in one stack being applied, and that debuff expires in 1.74 seconds (so long as Efficacy is in the 6L for SR). Should we not be taking Potency of Will on the tree? Furthermore, it seems Swift Affliction is a bad idea even without a +1 gems chest, because it lowers the duration of the stacks.

So, am I missing something?

My assumption is that the stages refresh if they're in the beam, based on "remaining in the beam intensifies the burning.....enemies who leave the beam continue to burn for a duration". Assumptions are dangerous in PoE though so I could be very wrong about this.

edit: If you're right then, for my setup, dropping Swift Affliction for Arcane Surge and taking Potency of Will would get me to 7.18 stacks before the first dropped, so not enough to maintain 8 stacks. Looks like I'd need a 3.3 cast rate to sustain 8, very big if true.
Last edited by EsperP on Sep 8, 2017, 12:46:43 PM
"
EsperP wrote:

My assumption is that the stages refresh if they're in the beam, based on "remaining in the beam intensifies the burning.....enemies who leave the beam continue to burn for a duration". Assumptions are dangerous in PoE though so I could be very wrong about this.

edit: If you're right then, for my setup, dropping Swift Affliction for Arcane Surge and taking Potency of Will would get me to 7.18 stacks before the first dropped, so not enough to maintain 8 stacks. Looks like I'd need a 3.3 cast rate to sustain 8, very big if true.

It seems we might be OK. I was looking at various Scorching Ray guides and I stumbled upon an old Mathil video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPoRQQceJ3k

Mathil comments on SR debuffs at the 3:40 mark. He says that you will keep stacking debuffs so long as the enemy is in the beam. If the enemy escapes the beam, then you have 1.5s to resume burning the enemy and continue adding debuff stacks before all the accumulated debuff stacks expire.

I still plan on verifying this myself, but if what Mathil says is true then looks like there's no need to worry about stacking cast speed unless you want to increase the turn speed of SR (which isn't too important given that RF is our main clear skill). I wonder then if Afhack should even bother pathing through Precision and Retribution, and connect the left and middle/right parts of the tree by Shaper instead. Afhack elected not to pursue some really good regen nodes near the Marauder area, so perhaps the points could go there.

Regardless - I'd urge Afhack to comment on SR debuff stacking in his guide. How the debuffs stack isn't necessarily that intuitive and the gem itself doesn't provide clarity.
Last edited by DicemanX on Sep 8, 2017, 4:20:15 PM
Killed all guardians and shaper tonight. Build worked well, very tanky. Dps was on the low side, my gear isn't great, but that just means I got to experience all the boss mechanics ;)

Arctic Armour and cwdt Immortal Call were useful, something to consider if you don't have GG gear.

I used Death's Door boots, but I think Sin Trek Stealth boots are plain better in a temp league since they give a ton more flat ES for us to scale and Death's Door are basically just QOL. Keep potions up and bleed isn't an issue, while the extra 500+ es and 5% move from Sin Trek can be lifesaving.
On the pob link, ah fak has 90% phys dmg reduction, i dn see how is that possible? Anyone care to enlighten me:D?
"
EsperP wrote:
"
SeanTay92 wrote:
so are u saying i need 2 enlighten support in this build? Because im using one of it linking to my vitality, poi, pol on my vertex helm.

I used empower in my gloves which is linked to discipline, blood magic support as shown in the guide. and my hp is never high enough although my blood magic is still lvl 8.

My links are:

Vertex - Enlighten 3, Purity of Fire, Discipline, Vitality (discipline helm enchant)
unlinked - Purity of Ice
boots - Blood Magic, Clarity 4, Arctic Armour, Purity of Lightning.

Leaves me with 2% life unreserved.

My blood Magic gem is 20/20, but I was running this setup at lower levels. I'd suggest buying a x/20 blood magic gem from poetrade.

Wait, how do u have 5 link in ur vertex? Am i missing something? haha
"
SeanTay92 wrote:

Wait, how do u have 5 link in ur vertex? Am i missing something? haha

Unlinked just means it's not linked to anything that affects it, the purity of ice gem is in my shield.
If i were crafting for myself a sceptre which one would be the best base?
Ele dmg or ele penetration?
"
asdrockyasd wrote:
If i were crafting for myself a sceptre which one would be the best base?
Ele dmg or ele penetration?

ele dmg

we do not hit, there for we do not pen

scorching ray and rf are degens which do not hit
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info