[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Xyrm wrote:
So I started this char a few days ago (been busy with work, not much time to level). I'm pretty damn excited to try it once it gets going. I've already invested 40 ex in pretty solid gear for when I get high enough to use it.

However, the leveling experience has been MISERABLE. This is by far the most painful leveling I've done, and this is my first league, it's actually worse than my first character when I didn't know anything. I've leveled over a dozen different builds to 75+ (I delete the chars I consider unfun builds), and this has to be the worst.

Can someone please take a look at my char "TheXyrm" and let me know what I'm doing wrong? The damage is sufficient for trash but it's real strugglebus on certain bosses like doedre in Act 7 or even izaro in the cruel lab. Even some harbringers can be sketchy, and I'm just not used to dying so often. I feel like I did infinitely more damage on many other builds, and I'm now concerned about where the damage will come from when I'm doing maps and such in the endgame, because I really don't see the 30% more multiplier from Pain Attunement and a few jewels carrying THAT hard. Clearly, I'm missing something, and I'd love to know what!

I recently tried switching some stuff up, running with a firestorm totem. Obviously not using RF yet. Currently running clarity + discipline, and my plan is to go for the MoM nodes next.

Holy shit your gear lol...

I actually leveled as life and didnt' change to lowlife until well into my 80's. This was my gear I used:

Run blasphemy vulnerability

https://youtu.be/ZAIgezCqtP0

https://youtu.be/FZ_5ENqiFiU

Some other notes:

Spoiler
"
Ahfack wrote:
I RIP'd today! Today there has been some server issues and I got lag spike fucked by a vaal slam in merciless, haha it happens ;) I'll get back on it when I have some time and maybe take a break if the servers are wacky. I have some more vids I'll post here in a little while. Here is what my gear looked like at lvl 63 when I RIP'd:

Level 63 Gear - Merciless Act 2

Chest was 3c, sceptre and shield both self found, helm 10alt, gloves 1alch, boots 3c, belt 1alch (that life and lvl requirement gg), ruby ring self found, moonstone 2alch, talisman 10alt

Total gear cost = ~10 chaos

Leveling offhand:

Remember to be leveling up extra scorching rays in your offhand!

I was running blasphemy/vuln - Vitality - Purity of Fire auras and was able to sustain scorching ray.

Where was I going to go next?

At level 65 I was going to incorporate:

for +8% Max Fire Res

This is a cheap alternative that will help you sustain RF until you can get your lowlife gear saved up and a nice spell dmt 20%rdot shield.

I had just gotten the 2nd aura effectiveness/reduced mana reserved cluster
Here is what the tree looked like:

Level 63
PoE-Tree
PoE Planner Tree

I would go immediately for Influence next, the 3rd and final aura effectiveness node, and then Growth and Decay.

Here is a Projected level 72 Tree

Then start working on your jewel slots to stack dmg/cast spd/life (or es)

On jewels you want either life% or es% on ALL jewels - followed by fire dmg/damage over time/cast spd/spell dmg

Here is a Level 86 Life Tree with Jewel slots starting to be filled out

Here is a Level 90 Life Tree

At or before this point you should start to have some usable ES items saved up and hopefully are ready to make the change to ES/lowlife soon.

Here is a Level 90 ES Tree
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Oct 18, 2017, 11:01:55 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:

Can you sustain LW supported by Less Dur and Swift Affliction?

I haven't tried, I am still using Shield Charge/Faster Attacks/Fortify combo, should I have switched by now?

Also, great video man!
Huh, thanks for the reply. This is my first LL char so I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the intricacies. Time to stock up on regret orbs I guess? :P
Last edited by Xyrm on Oct 18, 2017, 11:08:02 PM
"
Xyrm wrote:
Huh, thanks for the reply. This is my first LL char so I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the intricacies. Time to stock up on regret orbs I guess? :P

haha it happens... if you have leo and cat leveled you can do the chance -> scour recipe at cat, then the scour -> regret recipe at leo. Best discount in entire game :D

Yeah, check the "old thread" section, lots of useful info in there until i get things reorganized. Been very busy
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:

Can you sustain LW supported by Less Dur and Swift Affliction?

I haven't tried, I am still using Shield Charge/Faster Attacks/Fortify combo, should I have switched by now?

Also, great video man!

Thanks! I swap to LW instead of shield charge for boss farming and endgame, just do it when you feel comfortable
"
Ahfack wrote:

Great job with the vid!
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:

Because as clarity levels up, it reserves more and more mana - it's not a set % amount like the other auras. It reserves a flat mana amount and goes up as it gains levels. You only need clarity around level 13 (or less) in order to both infinitely sustain scorching ray and achieve lowlife

Interesting. Cause right now mine is almost 20 & I am having 0 issues sustaining mana with SR. Should I just leave it as is, or sell it once I hit 20 & then get a lower level one & stick to 13 & nothing higher? Also, is it worth corrupting with a Vaal or nah?

That's because u're running 5 auras in total, not 6 i guess?
Played a life RF, but after reading this amazing guide. I'm a believer. Gonna make templar LLRF build right now!

Thanks for this amazing guide :)
"
Windgaming wrote:

Nope, I'm running all 6. I am just using shield charge, instead of LW, which I guess is why I have no problems sustaining?

I'm really struggling to find a damn upgrade right now. I guess my best bet is probably buy 4-5 essence of delirium & hope I get lucky crafting. Cause looking at poe.trade, there aren't many good 30% gloves.
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:

Nope, I'm running all 6. I am just using shield charge, instead of LW, which I guess is why I have no problems sustaining?

I'm really struggling to find a damn upgrade right now. I guess my best bet is probably buy 4-5 essence of delirium & hope I get lucky crafting. Cause looking at poe.trade, there aren't many good 30% gloves.

Ahhh i see now why you are able to sustain 6 auras - you have MoM nodes picked = more total mana and it makes sense because Clarity reserves flat mana, and your Shavs is 5-link so your SR mana cost is 6 points lower (26 vs 32 for 6-link). And yes, Shield charge base mana cost is lower than LW's, but you may try LW + Swift Affliction + Less Duration out and see if you still have enough mana to spam it.
Last edited by Windgaming on Oct 19, 2017, 4:07:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info