Don't Put New Legacy League Zana Crafts In Permanent Leagues 2.6.

What really pisses me off is: All this time that temp leagues get exclusive content, which is of course bribe/deprive design to get people to play the leagues GGG want people to play rather than the leagues the players may alternatively want to play. But GGG pretend it's because temp leagues are test beds for the content.

Now we have an element being tested, as they put it, which actually does get put in permanent leagues, and not only does it not give extra content, it removes content.

Like WTActualF?

Could it be, could it actually be that it's yet another bribe/deprive thing?

I think so, I think it is obviously so. But whatever, the whole 'test bed' thing just got debunked.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 1, 2017, 11:05:37 AM
Either keep the usual league mods in Std and only introduce the new mods in Temp, or give both the new and old mods to Std, so players will have double the Zana options in Standard. (please don't tell me this would require a team of 50 NASA programmers to do -_-)

I also usually play temp for a month or so, then go back to Std for some long-term grind. This time the SSF mode will keep me busy in temp for longer, but still.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
raics wrote:

I think that might be a case of 2014 data, to me even the last week of temps now feels more lively than standard and that's the point where standard is at its strongest. It wasn't always that way, they kept improving the temps until standard started feeling fairly pointless.
Personal observation isn't a statistic. And temps will have more people, yes. Doesn't mean they can simply screw over standard players for 3 months. That's idiocy.
"

Anyway, the exact amount is probably besides the point. I'm interested what would you say if all this is indeed a testing ground for transforming standard into something with a purpose? Is there a better time than the league when the 3.0 beta kicks in so the second part of temp will be revolving around that instead people slowly going back to standard?
Then they need to do their testing outside of standard. We need the league modifiers on zana or access to leaguestones, not this current shitshow they intend to do with 2.6
"

All I'm saying is that it's possible that someone ran the simulation and went 'too few people will bother with standard this time and we'll give them a new and improved version once it's all over so it's all good'.

Well, that person needs to stop working at ggg then and start his or her new "job" inside a padded cell with a straitjacket. Because it's in society's best interest to remove these individuals as fast as possible before they eat their own bodyparts and hurt other people.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
It amazes me to no end that some people are defending this. I don't care about standard but come the fuck on, it's a huge middle finger to the players that do enjoy it.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Because it's in society's best interest to remove these individuals as fast as possible before they eat their own bodyparts and hurt other people.

The way I see it, giving them some styrofoam to chew on is easier and cheaper, but ok.

Anyway, hell if I know why would anyone feel so insulted that a part of the game that is considered irrelevant to the big picture for a long time is confirmed to be exactly that. Don't tell me you had no idea and you felt appreciated and relevant as a standard league consumer all this time? Because I sure don't and that would actually be real funny, also sad no matter how you look at it but still funny.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Because it's in society's best interest to remove these individuals as fast as possible before they eat their own bodyparts and hurt other people.

The way I see it, giving them some styrofoam to chew on is easier and cheaper, but ok.

Anyway, hell if I know why would anyone feel so insulted that a part of the game that is considered irrelevant to the big picture for a long time is confirmed to be exactly that. Don't tell me you had no idea and you felt appreciated and relevant as a standard league consumer all this time? Because I sure don't and that would actually be real funny, also sad no matter how you look at it but still funny.

Then stop trying to explain away their choices so they stop ignoring standard. You're digging your own grave, you do realise that, right?
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Nope, just saying I'm no less pissed they're ignoring it than you, well, maybe a bit less but no matter.

However, now that they 'might' be making a step towards not ignoring it, people still get pissed because they won't be able to chance headhunter for a short while or whatever. Now, if that really means they will do something useful with the league I'd take 6 regular months. Not 3 months I'll probably spend reading news about 3.0 anyway because levelling a lot of new chars feels like a waste of time if I have to go through all the acts again to get skill points.

"
gathor wrote:
It amazes me to no end that some people are defending this. I don't care about standard but come the fuck on, it's a huge middle finger to the players that do enjoy it.

I completely agree. This attitude is all over reddit too, and it's pretty disgusting. It is no skin off their back whatsoever to let us raise this to GGG, and raising these issues has helped us a lot recently and in the past, yet they want everyone to be as unhappy as they are so they shill for whatever shitty change happens just to troll.
"
JalapenoBuck wrote:
I completely agree. This attitude is all over reddit too, and it's pretty disgusting. It is no skin off their back whatsoever to let us raise this to GGG, and raising these issues has helped us a lot recently and in the past, yet they want everyone to be as unhappy as they are so they shill for whatever shitty change happens just to troll.

Most of us want to see standard improved and I don't think anyone would have a valid reason to be against that. However, I expect all this is just a collateral in that process so there's not much point in raising a fuss, and who knows, their game is coded like ass so it might be a problem for god knows what reason. I suppose more people think so, not everyone is a troll.

"
raics wrote:
so there's not much point in raising a fuss, and who knows, their game is coded like ass so it might be a problem for god knows what reason. I suppose more people think so, not everyone is a troll.

See this is where I just completely disagree. Lootfilters and lockstep came from 'raising a fuss', not to mention the un-nerfs to melee splash and reave that happened just this week.

Besides, if someone thought there was no point in raising a fuss, why would they feel the need to come in and bother people who, in their view, are just wasting time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info