Don't Put New Legacy League Zana Crafts In Permanent Leagues 2.6.

"
Hyskoa wrote:
I've never seen a single developer so bloodraving forceful and blindsighted in trying to make people play their new leagues rather than standard.

Mind you, there isn't exactly a game out there that follows exactly the same model. Classic MMOs have a strong social interaction aspect so they aren't as dependent on regular content updates but temp leagues are currently the PoE lifeline.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
I've never seen a single developer so bloodraving forceful and blindsighted in trying to make people play their new leagues rather than standard.

Mind you, there isn't exactly a game out there that follows exactly the same model. Classic MMOs have a strong social interaction aspect so they aren't as dependent on regular content updates but temp leagues are currently the PoE lifeline.

Sounds like they need to stop cutting their standard lifelines, sounds like a bad business decision if they constantly force people to play a certain way. Very easy way to have a mass exodus like when castoncritdischarge got mutilated.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Zaccie wrote:
I think the STD players can deal with it, they can test the new system to and give feedback.

I don't think you understand the problem. They cut off possibility to play past leagues mods on STD (including hunt for past leagues uniques) for at least 3 months.

It's dumb ass move or even worse, considering Bex words, they just forgot about it. Considering, that on STD play ppls who spend thousands of dollars on supporter packs, it's like a spit into face of their loyal customers.

I was filled up with hate and my ragemeter was already at 360 after reading the patch notes but now..... I'm not even salty anymore..... all I can do in laugh..... and I really hope I can stop again soon..... I remember some time ago someone said:
You can take a game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game! ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Sounds like they need to stop cutting their standard lifelines, sounds like a bad business decision if they constantly force people to play a certain way. Very easy way to have a mass exodus like when castoncritdischarge got mutilated.

From where? The way it seems to me, the number of Standard-exclusive players is so low these days they can afford blunders like this.

It's understandable, it kinda lacks the selling point at the moment. Sure, it's permanent but it's ultimately easier to work on you permanent wealth from temporary leagues, which isn't good, they need to give it something you can do only there.

So, if all this is a preparation to rework the 'Standard' league to 'Legacy' league which will be the place to go if you want to revisit the previous leagues I'd be willing and even happy to let all this slide. The name change would also be significant in directing the newcomers to temps, 'Standard' implies 'normal' to a degree, after all.

Last edited by raics on Mar 1, 2017, 10:49:04 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

From where? The way it seems to me, the number of Standard-exclusive players is so low these days they can afford blunders like this.

It's understandable, it kinda lacks the selling point at the moment. Sure, it's permanent but it's ultimately easier to work on you permanent wealth from temporary leagues, which isn't good, they need to give it something you can do only there.

So, if all this is a preparation to rework the 'Standard' league to 'Legacy' league which will be the place to go if you want to revisit the previous leagues I'd be willing and even happy to let all this slide. The name change would also be significant in directing the newcomers to temps, 'Standard' implies 'normal' to a degree, after all.

From Chris himself, it's usually around 20% of the playerbase.
If they don't mind losing 20% of the playerbase because of an incompetent decision like this, then by all means. Cut away the lifelines, watch em go.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

There is a lot of "standard-only" players, or players who just play league for few weeks and go back to standard (I'm recently in second group). One of my guildies, sold 200 exa worth of Breach items after leagues merge in virtually one day (he had like 20+ blessing of chayula and such). So it shows, that there is quite a market still in standard - ppls still play it a lot.

And most of those players will rather quit that start to play temp leagues, mostly due to the same reason like me - I just don't have time in 3 months spawn to farm for gear for few powerful builds. After creating one nice character in temp league I just go to standard and do some funny, powerful builds using accumulated gear.

If not for this, I would not need so many MTXes or tabs - I have almost 100, but I use them only in standard, if I would play temp leagues only, I could live on 1/4 of those.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Mar 1, 2017, 10:54:01 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
If not for this, I would not need so many MTXes or tabs - I have almost 100, but I use them only in standard, if I would play temp leagues only, I could like on 1/4 of those.

Exactly, standard is the reason stash tabs sell so well. So ggg would be shooting themselves in the foot twice if they keep this horrible decision in the game.

Not sure how anyone can defend GGG in this situation. Is it really that hard for them to take the time and keep Zana mods the same for Standard? Either they're just completely forgetting about Standard or "the technology isn't there yet" for them to implement a change like this on just two of the four leagues and neither of those two scenario's are really acceptable. I trust GGG though and hope they take a look at this before the league starts and these changes go through.
I was kind of surprised by this.
I stopped and went: "Wait, are we getting league stones in Standard as well?!"

I'm one of those people who plays leagues a bit and spends most of his time on Standard, so I feel this is such a slap in the face.

I've had enough of them trying to make me play the temp leagues. I gave in during Breach because I wanted the portal effect... but I don't think I'll be playing Legacy.

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
"
Hyskoa wrote:
From Chris himself, it's usually around 20% of the playerbase.
If they don't mind losing 20% of the playerbase because of an incompetent decision like this, then by all means. Cut away the lifelines, watch em go.

I think that might be a case of 2014 data, to me even the last week of temps now feels more lively than standard and that's the point where standard is at its strongest. It wasn't always that way, they kept improving the temps until standard started feeling fairly pointless.

Anyway, the exact amount is probably besides the point. I'm interested what would you say if all this is indeed a testing ground for transforming standard into something with a purpose? Is there a better time than the league when the 3.0 beta kicks in so the second part of temp will be revolving around that instead people slowly going back to standard?

All I'm saying is that it's possible that someone ran the simulation and went 'too few people will bother with standard this time and we'll give them a new and improved version once it's all over so it's all good'.

Last edited by raics on Mar 1, 2017, 11:04:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info