Don't Put New Legacy League Zana Crafts In Permanent Leagues 2.6.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
It's undoubtedly 'e', I'd say. But yes you did miss something which I'd put down as 'e+'.

Not only do they want people to play leagues but they know that people often play leagues because of bribe/deprive but then return to Standard a few weeks into the league.

Why is that a problem this time around? Why would they want to make Standard unappealing for the league exodus players?

Simple answer. 3.0 beta which will have a buy in option.

Hey, it's no buy-in, it's just an omake for the most dedicated supporters :)

Dunno if they would be going to such lengths, I mean, why would you go back to perms to chance items in Zana's device if you can do it in Lego for free. Anyway, I don't think perma would keep someone from beta if he wants in, league mods or no.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
They contradict what they want alot that its hard to tell.

Can't really argue that, or they're just more devious than we give them credit for :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
raics wrote:

I'm thinking it would sooner be something about c, there's too much people playing right now and the market becomes flooded way too soon so they have to start splitting the community into normal league, ssf and perma. I assume they plan on making perma leagues more attractive by providing unique features, shutting them down makes no sense to me.

Or I'm giving them too much of a benefit of doubt.
They contradict what they want alot that its hard to tell.

For example, Zana change is a complete fuck you to perma players, basically telling them to come play League. But then at the same time they very clearly weighted the ARK appropriately as to not affect standard or hardcore.

Theres also examples too with the drop rates. They introduced the 4x drop rate in perandus i think ? On top of having a league with tons of free stuff they increased the drop rate, it made no sense. That clearly affected the core game and permanent leagues though and it was practically immediately changed back.

I dont think they can really make permanent leagues more appealing without them implementing leagues in permanent leagues separate from the current leagues. The discrepancy in new content, Challenge MTX and league exclusive content is just too great. On top of all of that the fresh economy makes it very easy to become rich, fast, making that all the more currency to bring back into perm leagues. Too many good incentives.

The 4x drop rate was either one of the 2.0 b-d or something patches or 2.1.

"
It's undoubtedly 'e', I'd say. But yes you did miss something which I'd put down as 'e+'.

Not only do they want people to play leagues but they know that people often play leagues because of bribe/deprive but then return to Standard a few weeks into the league.

Why is that a problem this time around? Why would they want to make Standard unappealing for the league exodus players?

Simple answer. 3.0 beta which will have a buy in option.

Why can't it be all of the above. Why does it specifically have to be e as the main cause? You have no evidence to prove its anything more then the fact that GGG mades zana changes GLOBALLY. The side effect is standard gets shafted on being able to enjoy various old league stuff.

Chris has already talked about how its likely that 3.0 will have a buy in beta as well, why would they turn down free money?

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
I think someone is mis-remembering what was possible. At no time do I think GGG offered a different set of zana mods then ones offered in the league. The specific example given was what torment? Zana 8 had that available in the torment league itself.

Zana mods are determined by core game changes, not by what needs standard has. Its always been the case.

Why would they announce so soon that 3.0 will have leaguestones, when they don't have enough valid information about the mechanics and how it affects gameplay. Do I think they would have spent a significant amount of time reworking old league uniques just to discard the system, no.

Ignoring 20% of the playerbase (at most) is in this case allowing them to dedicate that time to 3.0, which affects everyone. Almost all uniques that have a value in terms of chancing have div cards for them too, as the saying goes there are many ways to skin the cat or something like that.

They don't owe OP or you anything in terms of a formal answer. You want a formal answer message Bex or Chris if it means that much to you, but keep in mind those people fielding questions about zana mods, means that is less time focus and spent on making 3.0 the best it can be.

You claim GGG lacked transparency, but the patch notes were released on Wed and it was clear they didn't want zana mods to stack with league mechanics in the way they were previously setup. Saying its a lack of transparency is not the right phrasing at all.

It might be that they have possibility to offer mods differently on league/Standard, but if not, why not just say so from the start?

Why not announce that the leaguestones will boost the journey through the 10 acts and Atlas post the first playthrough with a character?

And of course they owe me, TheAnuhart and everyone interested an honest answer, as we are the playerbase that you know, PLAYS the game, and further supports them, with cash or by lobbying and introducing more players and hopefully supporters to the game.

They might not want Zana mods to stack with league mechanics in the way that they were previously set up, but to not mention that "due to technical difficulties, Zana mods will remain the same for league/Standard for the time being at least" in the same patch notes that were available Wed, makes them guilty of unnecessary "cloak and dagger" regarding this topic...

It is a lack of transparency unfortunately, which is a lot more bothering than the "bans" regarding the leaguestones exploit...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 22, 2017, 4:10:54 PM
Double post.
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 22, 2017, 4:10:01 PM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

It might be that they have possibility to offer mods differently on league/Standard, but if not, why not just say so from the start?

Why not announce that the leaguestones will boost the journey through the 10 acts and Atlas post the first playthrough with a character?

And of course they owe me, TheAnuhart and everyone interested an honest answer, as we are the playerbase that you know, PLAYS the game, and further supports them, with cash or by lobbying and introducing more players and hopefully supporters to the game.

They might not want Zana mods to stack with league mechanics in the way that they were previously set up, but to not mention that "due to technical difficulties, Zana mods will remain the same for league/Standard for the time being at least" in the same patch notes that were available Wed, makes them guilty of unnecessary "cloak and dagger" regarding this topic...

It is a lack of transparency unfortunately, which is a lot more bothering than the "bans" regarding the leaguestones exploit...

Standard is a reflection of the core of the game, thats it, its inherently stated. Now if you want to say they probably have the ability to make it different, or could do the work necessary so that it is possible, thats a whole nother story altogether.

Why would they announce information about 3.0 that they might not even know yet? What if they are waiting on feedback from legacy league, before figuring out how to approach it, what if they are waiting on 3.0 beta before they can get feedback on how it works on that. Either go ask your question to someone that will answer or just fucking chill and wait. Its not like 3 months of not having the same zana mods is going to kill you or make the game completely unplayable.

They don't owe you shit. Like I said you want an answer so fucking badly that you want to demand it, go waste Chris's time or Bex's time with an email. You absolutely cannot expect them to sit here on the forums and respond to every post.

Cloak and dagger? Zana mods are a core FUCKING GAME FEATURE, they ARE IDENTICAL, regardless of whats going on in the temp leagues. There is no hidden or stuff done out of sight, it was CLEAR AS DAY that it was getting changed for standard ahead of time as well.

IDK what more fucking transparency you want, they posted the patch notes a few days before the new league hits, it was clear then that zana mods would be the same, BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALWAYS FUCKING BEEN THE SAME.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Mar 22, 2017, 4:21:46 PM
You seem pretty mad. Maybe a snickers?
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I dont think they can really make permanent leagues more appealing without them implementing leagues in permanent leagues separate from the current leagues. The discrepancy in new content, Challenge MTX and league exclusive content is just too great. On top of all of that the fresh economy makes it very easy to become rich, fast, making that all the more currency to bring back into perm leagues. Too many good incentives.

The whole fresh economy gimmick only last a few weeks before it is almost like the inflated economy from the permanent league. With how the game is, you can reach end game the same day the league started. A week later, the ones that already jumped into end game early either has already down Shaper or almost at him, will start to monopolize the economy and they will be the ones to dictate how much is what. The ones that are lagging a bit will try to emulate them as much as they can to profit in the league. Then, the ones that are taking their time will be hard pressed to feel that fresh economy. In that sense, challenge MTX and league exclusive contents are the only incentives to play the temporary leagues unless you are an experienced PoE nolifer, then you get the whole package.

It would be great if the leaguestones happen to get implemented in the core game in 3.0, so that the zana mods change in permanent leagues also make sense, but in the mean time, it is like "lol do not want." I never cared about zana mods since it is just a currency sink and there are already plenty of currency sinks in the game, so I have ignored it since day one.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 23, 2017, 4:26:19 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
Standard is a reflection of the core of the game, thats it, its inherently stated. Now if you want to say they probably have the ability to make it different, or could do the work necessary so that it is possible, thats a whole nother story altogether.

Why would they announce information about 3.0 that they might not even know yet? What if they are waiting on feedback from legacy league, before figuring out how to approach it, what if they are waiting on 3.0 beta before they can get feedback on how it works on that. Either go ask your question to someone that will answer or just fucking chill and wait. Its not like 3 months of not having the same zana mods is going to kill you or make the game completely unplayable.

They don't owe you shit. Like I said you want an answer so fucking badly that you want to demand it, go waste Chris's time or Bex's time with an email. You absolutely cannot expect them to sit here on the forums and respond to every post.

Cloak and dagger? Zana mods are a core FUCKING GAME FEATURE, they ARE IDENTICAL, regardless of whats going on in the temp leagues. There is no hidden or stuff done out of sight, it was CLEAR AS DAY that it was getting changed for standard ahead of time as well.

IDK what more fucking transparency you want, they posted the patch notes a few days before the new league hits, it was clear then that zana mods would be the same, BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALWAYS FUCKING BEEN THE SAME.

goetzjam, please revise your attitude, keep the conversation civil, and actually use proper counter-arguments if you want to be taken seriously (although your toxic behaviour at times makes you appear like a feeble person that mostly finds no mistake in GGG's decisions).

Fair enough to raise the point that they might not know if the leagustone + ARK system makes it to Standard, but to paraphrase you from another thread, they "worked" on it so it should not be wasted, and if not all the players enjoy it, they could adapt (those Labyrinth replies are a bitch when they apply to other content too). With 3.0, they could adjust their vision on the impact that the leaguestones are having, but to have an opportunity to boost the replayability of the game, on the stroyline and end game and just dismiss it seems highly unlikely.

TheAnuhart already used PMs, reddit, forum post and probably is waiting for a cristal bowl or mind reading devices to receive the answer. Me and the rest of interested parties are patiently waiting Bex/Chris to respond, as you already illustrated that we shouldn't all bombard them with this topic when 3.0 beta and 3.0 still requires work.

I still think that they could have stated openly when the question first arised that "Zana mods on Standard will be the same with the current league due - insert reason here - and we're looking forward to the feedback of the community on the new mods available". To offer responses that circle the point helps them, as many times they got bit on the but by their previous ones, but that already appears as a lack of transparency towards their players.

I'm sorry you don't feel the same regarding the so called "entitlement" to an answer, but that doesn't make anything that I said about it less true. If GGG doesn't answer us openly on serious topics regarding the game, they might not bother do so on other topics later, and that is a huge letdown on the both sides.

Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 23, 2017, 3:17:14 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Don't know why he's ranting so much. Somebody just showed that Zana mods in Leagues have not been identical to Standard in the past.

Yes they have.

Find VIDEO or picture evidence proving otherwise.

"
(although your toxic behaviour at times makes you appear like a feeble person that mostly finds no mistake in GGG's decisions).

Clearly you haven't read some of my post about various things in which its clear they've made mistakes in.

If you want to make a statement saying, its a mistake that they implemented the zana mods globally, instead of considering that some people enjoyed the previous leagues being available from zana. I could get on board with that, but you need to keep in mind that the list of reasons seems fairly reasonable and excusable.

"
Fair enough to raise the point that they might not know if the leagustone + ARK system makes it to Standard, but to paraphrase you from another thread, they "worked" on it so it should not be wasted, and if not all the players enjoy it, they could adapt (those Labyrinth replies are a bitch when they apply to other content too). With 3.0, they could adjust their vision on the impact that the leaguestones are having, but to have an opportunity to boost the replayability of the game, on the stroyline and end game and just dismiss it seems highly unlikely.

They've worked on tons of content that seems to be wasted, stuff like talisman is largely wasted and despite the circle jerk around it, its a good concept, just need to only have rares or make it 50\50 or something.

"
TheAnuhart already used PMs, reddit, forum post and probably is waiting for a cristal bowl or mind reading devices to receive the answer. Me and the rest of interested parties are patiently waiting Bex/Chris to respond, as you already illustrated that we shouldn't all bombard them with this topic when 3.0 beta and 3.0 still requires work.

PM where, you can't PM Chris, I think that just leads to a page where his email information is there.

I don't think you all have been patient. Perhaps specific people have, but others, not so much.

"
I still think that they could have stated openly when the question first arised that "Zana mods on Standard will be the same with the current league due - insert reason here - and we're looking forward to the feedback of the community on the new mods available". To offer responses that circle the point helps them, as many times they got bit on the but by their previous ones, but that already appears as a lack of transparency towards their players.

Why would they do this, when they've never done it in the past. Again Zana mods = core game, core game got changed.

"
I'm sorry you don't feel the same regarding the so called "entitlement" to an answer, but that doesn't make anything that I said about it less true. If GGG doesn't answer us openly on serious topics regarding the game, they might not bother do so on other topics later, and that is a huge letdown on the both sides.

Its not a fucking serious topic, its a fucking joke of a topic. You lose out on zana mods that you MIGHT have been using (although not likely because hes a SSF player and idk about you) until 3.0 hits and either it gets changed back or the leaguestones get added back into the game. Just imagine all of the zana mods are useless ones you would never use anyway.

At most 20% of the population plays in standard, I'm sorry you feel like you might be left out for a few months, but 3.0 is far more important then some bullshit entitlement from players in standard.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Mar 23, 2017, 9:54:37 AM
I have to take that back.

Both Bloodlines and Torment 3ex Zana 8 mods were available on all leagues.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info