Content Update 2.6.0 Patch Notes

"
devon752 wrote:

1) No, only the ones that completing his quest unlocks (as far as I understood)

2) Yes, it's getting nerfed a little, but it's still perfectly viable

3) Tomorrow.

Seems like a pointless change then... Considering his quest gems already get sold by Clarissa, who's nice and available in town a mere few yards from the waypoint...

Meh, nerf's a nerf. Kind of sucky that it's getting reduced area when other skills are being compensated. It among other AoE's that don't seem to be getting addressed.

Finally... Meh on waiting on the skill tree... I wanna plan stuff ;_;
So... random destruction of bow builds? Why the nerf of drillneck and Reach of the Council? I mean, yes... RotC WAS strong... but it was also farm 1k silver coins and kill many pale councils strong. I am also pretty upset that my favorite quiver of all time since release is being nerfed, and nerfed retroactively at that.

Also... Auxium being changed to crystal belt... wtf? As if this wasn't a really nice belt on it's own (and now fits a good niche between crystal belt and chain belt) we now have an INSANE ES belt that also helps against freezing. I guess it will be awesome for this patch until you break CI next patch.

So many of these buffs/nerfs to uniques seems so random. Many strong uniques stuck around, many weak uniques got buff/nerfed at the same time, many weak uniques got buffed, some decent uniques got buffed even more, while some uniques got destroyed for almost no reason... (I mean, a 60% nerf to pyre...? really?)

So much of what brought me to this game is rapidly fading. I loved all the off-the-wall combos. For years you built on that. With conversion gems and uniques, strange build enabling uniques, and a tree that supported strange ideas. Now you seem to nerf every out-of-the box idea (anyone remember the mirror clones that were screen wiping?) while leaving in the blatently OP skills (blade vortex... your "nerf" was a buff in everything but what used it for proc rates) still OP as hell. You double nerf Earthquake, you first loved melee skill since cleave, and buff freezing pulse... wtf?

I am sorry... I loved this game, and I still kind of do... but you are turning this game into EVERY ARPG ever made. You are losing your muchness. There is a lot less customization and cool build ideas now, and you seem to have less and less grasp on WHY you need to nerf things. People aren't using meta builds JUST because they are faster, or more fun, or safer... they are running them because you balance your game around them for some awful reason. A buff to how armor and evasion works would make life viable again if you stopped making monsters hit for 7k damage. Those 7k+ hits are the reason everyone is running ES to get to 9k life, because they don't want to wear a kaom's just to survive a single hard hit. Make it take 2-3 hard hits to kill a 6k+ life character and you would see a LOT less ES abuse. People aren't running double dipping builds because it is FUN, they are running it because without double dipping you DESTROY up to t14 maps and never notice double dipping... and suddenly you hit the guardians/shaper/uber-atziri and they take 30 times longer to kill than anything else in the game. Meanwhile the double dipping builds kill these bosses at about the same rate EVERY (decent) build kills bosses up to t-14ish. There would be very few double dipping builds still being used if shaper/guardians didn't have so much HP only the top 2-3% of players can defeat them in a reasonable time USING double dipping builds. And less people would complain if the rewards for farming them were worth the 30 minute fight that it becomes without double dipping (slight hyperbole here)

Anyway, mostly nice patch notes... it is just obvious that you still don't actually get why people use certain things. You just see a lot of people using/streaming a certain build and realize it is strong... but apparantly not WHY
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
"
Iamod wrote:
"
jingbandit wrote:
"
killy2 wrote:
It's a PVE game, i don't understand all the NERF this NERF that comments...

Just play your build and enjoy the game. What's so complicated?

its a pve game with a big economy aspect, so builds that can clear anything destroy the economy somewhat, since they devalue harder to get items and make build variation somewhat less desirable..
and in the end you get to play path of diablo 3 where every class has only one viable build per league.

your comment is only viable in a game where there is no player interaction and trading.

if you let some build get stronger and stronger, how do you balance new content?
do you balance it around the stronger and stronger powercreep and lose the other builds, cause they can't clear it, or do you balance it so most builds can clear it and lose the powercreep players cause they have no challenge at all.

nerfing and buffing is the way to keep buildvariance and make people think about new ways to confront the content.

if you want powercreep go play D3

You just DE-credited anything insightful you had to say when you couldn't even remember how to spell "Economy", "Stronger", and "Desirable." There's even a spell check on the damn site...

first up thx for the correction, that helps me get my written english back to where it should be.
But the message doesn't get less true, if the delivery isn't perfect (and you still got what i meant, since you where easily able to correct me...).
my spellcheck isn't set to english, since that isn't my primary language and i was to comfortable in my ability to still use english in its written form even if i didn't get to use it that much over the last 10 years.

and then there is the thing, that i had to say something, and you just didn't.. you just wanted to spread a little hate.. cause that is what the internet is for after all.
Last edited by jingbandit on Mar 1, 2017, 4:59:30 PM
Does anyone know what Vaal Discipline will do now(after the patch) ?!
Long Live the Templars !!!!
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:
Does anyone know what Vaal Discipline will do now(after the patch) ?!

Regen your ES.
"
Tarille wrote:
Seems like a pointless change then... Considering his quest gems already get sold by Clarissa, who's nice and available in town a mere few yards from the waypoint...

No, the guy will sell ALL gems (except those which are drop only). This is introduced because of SSF mode.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Solo Self-Found Mode
Solo Self-Found (SSF) is common self-enforced playstyle where trading and partying are not allowed. This means that your character's progress is entirely based on your own efforts and cannot be influenced by other players.
In Content Update 2.6.0, there are SSF versions of the existing leagues, where you can create characters by ticking a checkbox on the character creation screen.
This mode is available once you have rescued the Scion on your account (which can be done in a previous league, so almost all existing players will already have fulfilled this).
While playing an SSF character, you can't trade or party up with other players.
You're able to convert your SSF characters into regular characters, moving them back to the equivalent non-SSF league. This is a one-way process and can be done by clicking the buttons to the left of the character on the character selection screen. One button moves just a single character, and the other one moves all your SSF characters in that league including your stashes, hideout, masters and Atlas progress.
Ladders on the website record what level you reached in SSF before moving back to the regular leagues. Characters that have moved back to the regular leagues are marked as "retired".
SSF leagues share their global chat channels with their non-SSF equivalent. They have no access to trade chat channels.

Something definitely for me. At least I will focus on playing rather than trading :)

Thanks for that PoE team.
Soooo... the very first thing on the list of "Major Features and Content" iiiiis...
...Lioneye's Watch now has stairs?

Really?
How major! :)

(sorry if someone already pointed this out, I didn't read all the pages)
"
So... random destruction of bow builds? Why the nerf of drillneck and Reach of the Council? I mean, yes... RotC WAS strong... but it was also farm 1k silver coins and kill many pale councils strong. I am also pretty upset that my favorite quiver of all time since release is being nerfed, and nerfed retroactively at that.

Also... Auxium being changed to crystal belt... wtf? As if this wasn't a really nice belt on it's own (and now fits a good niche between crystal belt and chain belt) we now have an INSANE ES belt that also helps against freezing. I guess it will be awesome for this patch until you break CI next patch.

So many of these buffs/nerfs to uniques seems so random. Many strong uniques stuck around, many weak uniques got buff/nerfed at the same time, many weak uniques got buffed, some decent uniques got buffed even more, while some uniques got destroyed for almost no reason... (I mean, a 60% nerf to pyre...? really?)

So much of what brought me to this game is rapidly fading. I loved all the off-the-wall combos. For years you built on that. With conversion gems and uniques, strange build enabling uniques, and a tree that supported strange ideas. Now you seem to nerf every out-of-the box idea (anyone remember the mirror clones that were screen wiping?) while leaving in the blatently OP skills (blade vortex... your "nerf" was a buff in everything but what used it for proc rates) still OP as hell. You double nerf Earthquake, you first loved melee skill since cleave, and buff freezing pulse... wtf?

I am sorry... I loved this game, and I still kind of do... but you are turning this game into EVERY ARPG ever made. You are losing your muchness. There is a lot less customization and cool build ideas now, and you seem to have less and less grasp on WHY you need to nerf things. People aren't using meta builds JUST because they are faster, or more fun, or safer... they are running them because you balance your game around them for some awful reason. A buff to how armor and evasion works would make life viable again if you stopped making monsters hit for 7k damage. Those 7k+ hits are the reason everyone is running ES to get to 9k life, because they don't want to wear a kaom's just to survive a single hard hit. Make it take 2-3 hard hits to kill a 6k+ life character and you would see a LOT less ES abuse. People aren't running double dipping builds because it is FUN, they are running it because without double dipping you DESTROY up to t14 maps and never notice double dipping... and suddenly you hit the guardians/shaper/uber-atziri and they take 30 times longer to kill than anything else in the game. Meanwhile the double dipping builds kill these bosses at about the same rate EVERY (decent) build kills bosses up to t-14ish. There would be very few double dipping builds still being used if shaper/guardians didn't have so much HP only the top 2-3% of players can defeat them in a reasonable time USING double dipping builds. And less people would complain if the rewards for farming them were worth the 30 minute fight that it becomes without double dipping (slight hyperbole here)

Anyway, mostly nice patch notes... it is just obvious that you still don't actually get why people use certain things. You just see a lot of people using/streaming a certain build and realize it is strong... but apparantly not WHY

What this guy said...

It is obvious that they are nerfing skills they feel are overplayed, and buffing skills they feel are underplayed. Yet they are keeping certain meta builds in place and certain items in place. The begs the question of why some skills and why some items but not others that are clearly overplayed?

What it looks like to me is that GGG is nerfing budget builds that have the ability to do uber and high tier map content. Rolling Flames need nerfed because it is relatively cheap to level up a fireball witch and buy 4 gems to plug into the passive tree. Then stack elemental damage and pick up some AoE in the tree. You don't need anything expensive, no 400 top end phs damage 1hander that will cost you 200 ex, just a carcass and 4 gems and some half decent elemental damage. If one wants to splurge a pledge of hands will work great.

GGG really hates Earthquake. Yet somebody on the dev team has an extreme hard on for Ice Crash. Again... why? Because an earthquake build is cheaper because its mechanic allows for a melee AoE type of kiting. One can get by with less.

Sad state of affairs.
hi
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info