What builds have you played and what would you rate them out of 10?

Rating is done based on fun as well as ability to do end-game.

Here's mine, over the past 3 years, in order from my first ever character to my most recent:

Marauder - Leap Slam - 3/10.
Got me started in POE. But I didn't have experience or currency to do much with it.

Ranger - Rain of Arrows - 2/10.
Second build ever... got to Cruel and gave up. Had no power... but again I was new and no good items/currency.

Duelist - Facebreaker Infernal Blow - 6/10.
First ever character to get to Merciless. But still shit gear and no currency.

Scion - Cast on Crit - 7/10.
Ok this was totally insane. A massive glass canon but it was freaking fun. Using Spectral Throw or Barrage to CoC 4 SKILLS! Like Freezing Pulse, Artic Breath, Arc, Fireball... TOTAL, SCREEN, MELTDOWN. I got my hands on my first ever Tabula Rasa and it was freaking awesome. I managed to enter Apex of Sacrifice and couldn't even reach the Vaals... total glass canon but freaking fun for clearing maps... although single target sucked.

Witch - Kinetic Blast Wander - 7/10.
Great fun for clear speed and single target was awesome. The changes to Frost Wall made this build no longer viable (no single target dmg). I still have a soft spot for Kinetic Blast though... absolutely love it's gameplay and feel.

Scion - Explosive Arrow - 9/10.
SO MUCH FUN. This build took my experience to a whole new level... I got to Atziri for the first time. And failed. I later continued the build and killed Atziri.

Scion - Incinerate Max Block - 10/10.
Best build I've ever played and the only build I would say was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Great damage, awesome fun, and great defences. It was such a smart build the way all the mechanics were used. Incredible experience. Unfortunately incinerate got totally nerfed. By this time I had my first ever 5L and started to accumulate some wealth. Build creator was Yotmato.

Witch - Ice Nova - 9/10.
Amazing fun. Massive screen shatters. Single-target not great and I wasn't able to kill Atziri, but clear speed and the feel of the build was AWESOME. Build creator I think was Aim_Deep.

Witch - Duel Flame Totem - 7/10.
Not bad but not great. Was really fun and easy for levelling. But by the time I got to maps I was totally over it and it had diminishing returns.

Ranger - Lightning Arrow + Poison - 8/10.
King of the Forest build. Really fast and good fun. For the first time ever I had a 6L armour. Once Frost Wall was nerfed it killed the build for me (single-target sux).

Shadow - Traps + Chaos. - 5/10
Was kinda cool. Great damage. But didn't like the playstyle.

Witch - Whispering Ice - 7/10.
Powerful build... but a bit of a bitch to gear and slower than my others. Felt a little clunky. But good nonetheless. Build creator was Kelvynn.

Witch - Burning Warp - 5/10
Really unique build. In fact it was BOTW. But was just clunky to play and I stopped around level 65... perhaps before it really got to kick in properly. Build creator was Hitman.

Marauder - Blade Vortex + Obliterate - 9/10.
AMAZING Build... when everyone was running BV Pathfinder, some guy posted this build that was super cheap and could kill the Shaper on a 4L. For some reason it went totally unnoticed by the general public but it was INSANE! Great clear speed, super fun, no reliance on flasks, and powerful, and CHEAP.

Templar - Lacerate Inquisitor - 7/10.
I really liked this builds gameplay. Great dmaage and speed... but lacked defence.

Marauder - Shield Charge - 9/10
Wanted to go melee again. AMAZING experience. Shield Charge is fuckign awesome... clear speed and movement speed is great. Very powerful and decently tanky.

What about you? I'd love to hear your thoughts on your builds?
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 28, 2017, 5:34:54 AM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2017, 4:34:35 PM
- Arc-crit witch, starting from 2013.
2 / 10 - never do the same mistake as me, Arc is sux! (zero "broken" mechanics and/or items used), viable for.. nothing. t13 maps is maximum that this build can do. A LOT of deaths due to rare reflects on maps, weak damage (143k tooltip)

- Dual Flame Totems (crit/chaos)
0 / 10 - I waste two exalts to respec my char into this build and after one hour of playing i'm fall in deep depression. This totems are even worse than arc! Requires expensive gear and really slow.

- LL CoC-Vortex (burning), starting from one month of Breach league
10 / 10 - this build is awesome! Insane clear speed & damage, one-shot T15 bosses, 5-8 hits for a guardians even in CI.. love this. Probably will be nerfed in 2.6 (Pyre ring) and will be totally nerfed in 3.0 due to dd.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1758746/page/1
Last edited by bSun0000 on Feb 28, 2017, 12:05:57 AM
I make builds that are usually nerfed to the ground but all 10/10. I never fail on shaper or uber atziri anymore.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667160

Last time i follow in 2014 when i was noob was ziggyds MoM shadow, also nefred
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 28, 2017, 12:24:52 AM
have made so many builds , the most fun one's I think have been.

Glacial cascade MoM miner (10/10) : utilizing lightning coil , taste of hate and lavianga's spirit, Clears superfast , kills bosses easy and very tanky.

Burning arrow infractem : (7/10) one of my first really good builds , it was before doubledipping was a thing , I guess firedamage still worked fine though , was a really fun build to play and I sometimes think about going back and trying it again with updated gear.

Frenzy melee splash : (8/10) was also back in the day before ascendancys . the build still has good clearspeed though although I guess I should remake him to a raider , playing around with insane attack speed and headhunter is a lot of fun though.

Classic righteous fire: (6/10) Just a big marauder doing righteous fire things with flame surge for singletarget, uses my legacy kaom's which i traded for a shavs that dropped a few days after its release . stacking quant and some rarity on him for funs but he really needs an essencecrafted item for some more damage.

Ancestral warchief juggernaut (9/10) : made during prophecy league with the ridiculous voidheart ring this beast of a tank uses 10 endurance charges , helmet with 100% chaos golem effect , lightning coil , 3 puritys and (now) a legacy saffel's frame (ripped to pale council and got kinda pissed so made this guy).

Pillar of the caged god groundslam duelist (5/10) : another char I remember fondly , was back in the day so I mostly stacked frenzy charges , dex and strength .

Bladeflurry block (8/10) : For the last league I played a block blade flurry build , was very tanky aswell with the surrender and perfect form (IR) but clearspeed wise it was just ok.

ngahamu's raider (08/10) : I also started out with a ngahamu's build , raider stacking movespeed and LoH on the molten balls, evasionbased it worked quite nice in the league , but as I got ahold of a surrender shield I never really went back to it.

Those are the ones I can remember having a lot of fun with atleast.

Last edited by khemintiri on Feb 28, 2017, 12:27:10 AM
Don't have time to rate all my builds, so I'll list 10/10s.

Whispering Ice Occultist (3 curse)
Blight (110 AoE)

the end. [edit] oops - reading some of the other responses made me remember some honorable mentions:

Self-cast discharge juggernaut (pre nerf) 9/10
Sire of Shards incinerate 9/10
Nuro's Harp split arrow 9/10
The Goddess Unleashed wild strike 9/10
Last edited by innervation on Feb 28, 2017, 4:11:30 AM
Shadow - Electric Fisherman (SotS, legacy thunderfists). 8 out of 8, ez.
"
bSun0000 wrote:

- LL CoC-Vortex (burning), starting from one month of Breach league
10 / 10 - this build is awesome! Insane clear speed & damage, one-shot T15 bosses, 5-8 hits for a guardians even in CI.. love this. Probably will be nerfed in 2.6 (Pyre ring) and will be totally nerfed in 3.0 due to dd.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1758746/page/1

That build does look awesome... Would totally love to do it but as you say will probably get hit hard.
this is just for breach league

vaal spark 10/10
sexy clearspeed

life elementalist flameblast 10/10
could reach 8k life at level 100 but i stopped at 92 with 7.2k. ignite prolif is stupid and very fun. has a variant that uses 2h staff + kaoms for 9-10k hp but i didnt want to give up the gem sockets

mjolner discharge juggernaut 1/10
just a meme build i tried using juggernaut endurance charge generation and mjolners cast on hit to cast discharge and stacking fire damage. could have been improved with that ring (power charge on non crit) and volls devotion but i wanted to try it without a 10ex investment. might come back to that concept one day as the build i put together was badly thought-out

herald bomber assassin 10/10
literality 20-40second dried lake runs, got him level 86 there and leveled up a few empowers/enlightens extremely fast. could get level 1-3 20% quality gem in 24 hours. hopefully aoe nerfs dont hit it too bad because i picked up every source of aoe possible and the HoI exposions covered 1/3 the screen, it could chain explode to 3 screens away if the mobs were close enough together.

blade flurry assassin 3/10
got bored, strong build

blade vortex pathfinder 3/10
also bored, played it after the poison nerf. woulda loved it before nerf but was playing other builds

dominating blow 7/10
would be 10/10 if the game could handle 100+ minions without massive framedrops. extremely fun fast build but lags too much to be viable

cwc - poisonstorm 7/10
good boss killer, hit 16k es and could have pushed 18k with t1 gear or 20k with a 900es chest but I used infernal mantle. bad clearspeed

Last edited by MyNameIsSalo on Feb 28, 2017, 2:17:26 AM
Only remembering the highlights, so no "gave up at level 70" experiments. A few of these I did a few times since mechanics changed. This starts from like >5 years ago so... grain of salt.

Marauder - self-cast (endurance) discharge - 7/10. Tanky as fuck, burn scaling, massive aoe.
Witch - aura support - 10/10. This build has only gotten better and better in recent years.
Ranger - ele dw cleave - 2/10. Melee sucked and still sucks. Shit scaling, shit survivability.
*Marauder - crit shield charge aof ele prolif - 3/10. Slightly better but still melee.
Witch - low life crit caster - 2/10. Can't see shit, captain. 10/10 with shavs if you're into that.
Shadow - arrow kb rat support - 6/10. Low damage but screenwide perma-disable is great.
Duelist - point blank roa traps - 3/10. Fun to scale but waiting on trap cooldowns blows.
*Marauder - rf totems - 1/10. Extremely low aoe, very unsafe. Fun math problems, though.
Ranger - 2h glacial hammer shatter - 2/10. Yup, melee still sucks.
*Scion - pacifist cws x15EK - 11/10. My best build ever.
Templar - swt - 8/10. Like most totem builds, solid but not outstanding.
Templar - clone summoner - 9/10. Extremely fun math problems, very damaging, very safe.
*Scion - coc phys spells - 4/10 because I went staff scaling for funsies. 7/10 with dagger. Melee.
Witch - CI occult chaos degen tricurse corpsesplosions - 9/10. Pretty hard to top, honestly.
*Templar - golemancer - 3/10. Played it before the jewels were added, whoops.
*Ranger - flaskfinder wormblaster - 7/10. Pretty unsafe lag issues, though.
Duelist - ballista totems - 8/10. Damage issues at the high end, but a solid map clearer.
Shadow - kotf - who cares/10. Kills stuff, easy to gear, never dies.

* Build is currently defunct or completely different than when I played it due to mechanics changes.

Feel free to ask for details.
I can just order them to leagues. Usually played the f. out of 1 build ea. league. (All HC)

Onslaught: Witch, Block, Non-Crit Arcer
5/10

Nemesis: Witch, Block, Firestorm
5/10

Invasion: Witch, CI (3 Ele Auras, 12k Arm and 7k ES), DW-DualStrike (Blood Seeker + Essentia)
8/10

Beyond: Scion, Block, Reave
9/10

Bloodlines: Witch, PoH+Kaoms Acro, Crit-Arcer
7/10

Tempest: Duelist, Lioneye's Archer
8/10 (Meanwhile, i was convinced that it is crit or shit, otherwise the build was awesome..)

Tali: Ranger, Eva/Acro, Ele Crit 'nado // MAui, Armor+Forty, 2H Ground Slam + Jewel
3/10 (Ele DMG sucks), 5/10 (not EQ -> sucks)

Perandus
: Duelist, Eva/Acro Forty, Phys Crit 'nado // Ranger, Block, Frostblades
10/10 (nearly perfect crafted char, regarding DPS/Defences) - 6/10

Prophecy
: Break (Didn't liked it at all and had too much work)

Essences: Duelist, Block, DW Crit Lacerate
10/10 (Just made so much fun :P)

Breach: Ranger, tried a 'nado shot Raider, but didn't liked it. Also, Breach in general was a awesome idea, but the current state of the game (CI/Life, clearspeed meta issues etc)drove me a bit away ;)

Legacy: Going to play SSF, some Totem/Trapper since i dont want to build around reflect :D
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Feb 28, 2017, 2:42:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info