One concern I have...

So all this complaining about the aoe nerf is a joke to me, I'm fine with it.

What I am concerned about however is volatile rares.

Seeing as I will play SSF in the new league so my defensive capabilities are limited (no early CI builds) and I will be spamming nemesis for the chance of a headhunter this means that I will see countless volatile rares.

If melee aoe is nerfed to the point where every single volatile explosion will hit me, I will die, a lot. Alternatively I could hover over each rare mob and not kill the volatile ones but that removes a lot of the fun of the game. Maybe this was the intention ggg had in mind, forcing people to pay more attention to rare mob mods? Doesn't seem like something they would want to enforce, it ruins the flow of the game.

This pushes me away from any melee skill completely, atleast untill I have sufficient gear to play CI. I just hope there's some love for volatile's somewhere in the future patch nodes. Just add a damn aura around them. It's like a proximity shield mob without a visible shield, how can you tell it has a shield if you can't see it? How can you play around a mechanic that you can't see?

Guess I'll just save up my nemesis stones for when I can build a successful CI character to survive 1 shots...
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2017, 2:02:26 AM
Not sure why everyone is bitching about volatiles. I play 2h melee life builds and get whacked by volatiles all the time. They don't 1 shot me. Just don't build a glass cannon and then you can kill shit without ripping so easily.
With the current speed of the game, reading the mob's hover text banner doesn't feel an ideal way of warning me I'm currently attacking a grenade. Perhaps give volatiles an easily distinguished radioactive glow. Some kind of extra visual warning on the monster itself.

Wants to use mechanics to get more/specific loot.

Wants an easy way to avoid the potential downsides of using said mechanics completely for anyone not offscreening.

Wewwwwwwwwwwwww.

"
MyNameIsSalo wrote:
Doesn't seem like something they would want to enforce, it ruins the flow of the game.

One handed TV meta confirmed.
Last edited by PhillipJokar2 on Feb 27, 2017, 10:51:58 PM
Volatile on a vuln or -max map will can obliterate even 84 resist 10,000 ES builds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
if they want people to pay attention to rare mob mods then make the fonts bigger or make it readable. I put my mouse over the mob and then the mob moves and then I have no idea what the mods are because the mob keeps moving!!! It's hard as hell to try to read the top of the screen while keeping your mouse over the rare mob that's running all around the screen.
"
MyNameIsSalo wrote:
Doesn't seem like something they would want to enforce, it ruins the flow of the game.

Namelock advantage.
Yeah make it more apparent, but not deal less damage.

They are one of the most fun encounters as a melee.

On kill explosion effects prevent their explosions right? (abyssal cry = counter?)
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Last edited by Maceless on Feb 27, 2017, 11:00:16 PM
The solution i found for Volatile Rares that works extremely well for me is to just simply assume ALL Rares are basically Volatiles. That way when i do happen to run into one im no where near it when it pops. If im running a melee build then i always have the totem dude to finish off any rare i run across and its pretty much made it so i haven't got popped by one in the past couple leagues now. Well maybe once or twice here or there randomly when i get lazy and forget to be careful with all rares. The second you let your guard down is the time you end up running into one.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
yeah that seems to be the only solution, just play safe and assume all rares are volatile.

I just wish ggg added some visual affect to volatile rares

Pretty sure every other bloodline or nemesis mod has a visual affect, corrupting blood has circles around you, the ones that absorb/link souls have little lines connecting the mobs together, proximity shield, bearers etc

There may be a few others that don't have visual affects idk, but the majority of them do. It's just annoying that volatile's don't. People have been asking for this for awhile and still no change. It doesn't affect gameplay or need any balancing or change anything, it's just a small visual affect to give players even 0.5seconds of warning. Add a slight delay between killing and exploding or some aura affect like the purity of ice/fire/lightning auras (which fit perfectly into the 3 different volatile types) or just something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info