[2.6] BM Fireball Ignite 1mil 4l budget ignites (w/ 5mil 6l ignites)

Fireball build is dead for 3.0, see below.

Made a thread for my 3.0 build I'll probably be using: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1922267

The linked PoB Code above is a Zerk Scorching Ray build for 3.0.

[3.0 update]
This build will not be fun at all for 3.0. I've done some tinkering in PoB and even if I missed something massive, the ignites won't be even close to what it was pre-3.0. Ignites are only around 100-200k with Berserker's 40% more damage. Maybe you can double it with the new Emberwake but you'd have to stand still casting a lot more. But this was completely expected. Crit Fireball ignite builds are pretty much also gutted. I think they do even less than what this build would do in 3.0.

As for Fireball... yeah the skill is pretty garbage again barring some new interaction like Frost Wall exception or another 40% damage buff. Still really fun clearing packs, but it's going to be hell trying to kill the new bosses (GGG is doubling boss health) unless maybe you Vaal Lightning Warp or lure them into walls to shotgun them. But too many bosses don't have walls to lure them to, are ranged, or move too much to make it consistent.

RIP
RIP - was fun
RIP
Hello again to the few Fireball users out there. I've made a bunch of Fireball guides before, but none of them have been ignite based because I don't like DoTs. However, this may be the last chance before they probably get nerfed in 3.0. Also, yes Flameblast works just fine in place of Fireball in this build. It actually doubles the ignite damage.

1mil ignite dps can be achieved with just a 4l Searing Touch. You can normally get up to 2-3.5mil ignites with a 5l. 5mil ignites are with almost everything maxed. Note, the ignite calculation is done without shock, which more than doubles the ignite if Shaper of Desolation lines up.

Just recently started using Path of Building: Download here to create builds. No idea how accurate it is, but it seems pretty ok. Amazing PoE tool, thank you Openarl. It also allows me to generate a code for the build to share with anybody else using Path of Building. You can find the code here: http://pastebin.com/V1Z6WiAA

Ask in a reply if you have any questions. I will try to answer quickly.

Videos

Stats
Spoiler

Offense
Spoiler

As of lvl 89 with underleveled gems (doing the releveling from q20ing lvl 20 gems. gem levels and qs are in current PoB code)

Lvl 20 Fireball 6l w/ GMP
Spoiler

w/ GMP + Overload
Spoiler

w/ Slow Proj
Spoiler

w/ Slow Proj + Overload
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

w/ Kaom's Heart

Bandits
Spoiler

Oak - Kill - Kill
Oak's +40 life ends up being like 5.3% life or something in this build so if you really just want the point then kill all for all

Passive Tree and leveling:
Spoiler

Lvl 89 Tree: http://poeurl.com/bcLV

Get to the top and go heavy damage first to level up, then rush Blood Magic. Skeleton should be pretty complete then so you have flexibility to get what you need. I would probably skip Witchfire Brew and the entire double curse area to go for more life/defense in HC.

Ascendancy: Go straight for Beacon of Ruin for QoL. The rest is up to you. I did experiment with not going for Beacon of Ruin and putting those points in Mastermind of Discord. It was more consistent more damage, but the QoL from free prolif with Beacon is too good. Just makes mapping so much easier. Plus, you can time the 100% shocks from Shaper of Desolation if you're really having trouble with bosses.

Gear
Spoiler

Final Gear (minus maybe going for all resist Wise Oak)
Spoiler

Windscreams are priority for the triple curse that comes with Witchfire Brew (I completely forgot about that)

Previously had Doedre's Scorn instead of Hrimnor's Resolve, but I think having the immunity to chill and frozen is just flat out better than extra damage. With Doedre's Scorn, it was about 5.8mil and with Hrimnor's Resolve it becomes about 5.18mil.

Massive dex on gloves helps a bunch.

I've tried Blood of the Karui flask and it's still terrible. I like immunity to curses on a flask, but you can get whatever you want.

Budget Notes
Spoiler

You can get 1mil ignite dps with a 4l Searing Touch and no Kaom's. In fact, having a Cloak of Flame on instead of Kaom's Heart is more dps because of the huge ignite duration. You may also find it hard to get so much on so little gear at 1c a piece so you will have to get the two +30 dex nodes on the tree. Not a big deal. Just upgrade when you can.

Jewels
Spoiler

Rolling Flames: Limit will be two so your choices are the top 3 jewel slots. I've chosen to get by with only 1.

Clear Mind: This is actually pretty much the same ignite damage with just a 16% inc fire damage + 12% area damage jewel. Up to you whether or not to get it.

Anatomical Knowledge: Just something I found. Use it if you want, doesn't matter much.

Jewel stats:
Fire damage - most important because it double dips
Projectile/Spell/Area damage/Damage over time - not as important as fire, but common to see
%increased Life - up to you whether or not to prioritize over damage
Ignite chance/duration - If you want more consistent ignites, cheap so good alternative

Links
Spoiler

Fireball - GMP/Slower Proj - Conc Effect - Controlled Dest - Fire Pen - Pierce
Switch out GMP and Slow Proj for mapping and boss killing, respectively
Most important are GMP and the Slower Proj to switch in between. You can basically play around with all the other combinations. Ignite is so strong that even the least efficient 4l will tear through the white and yellow maps.

Opted for Pierce rather than Empower/Iron Will because of clear speed and the more% actually gives more damage than Empower, BUT you need to get the explosion so possibly more casts.

Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Elemental Weakness
This is to curse and trigger EE and Elemental Overload

CwDT (lvl 5) - Immortal Call (lvl 7) - Inc Duration
4th link is up to you. Arctic Breath is great, defensive curse, whatever. I'm using it for the Slower Projectiles gem so I can switch.

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Flame Golem
4th link is up to you. Another golem, blind for your Flame golem, defensive curse, whatever.

Late Endgame
Spoiler

Lvl 91: http://poeurl.com/bcLO

Once I started sustaining about t9/10 maps, I switched a bunch of things. Went back to double Rolling Flames rather than one. Got off Beacon of Ruin (free prolif) and Shaper of Desolation (elemental status ailments) and stuck with Liege of the Primordial (golems), Paragon of Calamity (reflect immunity), and Mastermind of Discord (more straight up damage). Definitely a little slower when you notice you have to get that extra cast to get that one dumb mob that somehow did not get hit. But one-shotting every pack so not the biggest deal. The prolif is just way too good and just time your shocks with conflux if you're worried about damage. Started to use Fire + Chaos golems. You don't need to switch, but I wanted to try it out and it feels fine.

Not even sure about Witchfire Brew anymore because of Wise Oak. Pretty sure overpaying for gear to get even resistances is worth it for using Wise Oak over Brew. Way less damage than Brew, but so much more safety. Edit: I got too frustrated trying to get gear to work for Wise Oak (nobody's ever on). Just switched Witchfire for Rumi's for more laziness. Also switched boots for more life and chaos res.

Switching the +10 str -> +10 str -> jewel by life rectangle to the armor jewel to the left gives 1% extra physical damage reduction and -32 life. Worth? Only thing left is to get a Fireball damage Hrimnor's.

Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by meest on Aug 3, 2017, 7:55:12 PM
Last bumped on May 4, 2017, 3:15:21 PM
Updated PoB codes, got rid of berzerker route and info
Added max damage PoB code and stats
Added HC version PoB code and stats
Edited thread title to show range of ignite dps

3/7
Removed Max and HC versions (apply points wherever you need them, it's all pretty flexible)
Added gear
Changed build slightly

3/13
Added two videos - more coming
Added stat screenshots
Changed build slightly - got rid of Kaom's Roots
Updated gear
Added three more videos
Last edited by meest on Mar 13, 2017, 11:26:34 PM
Hello!

I would love to post your build guide to the witch listing, however as it currently stands your damage calculations are unsubstantiated due to only being derived from your external program, and no pertinent data has been added to demonstrate this.

I am aware Path of building attempts to report damage calculations for you, however even under ideal, 'perfect storm' conditions, this is a paper number and is not realistic until proven otherwise.

Feel free to pm me once you have sufficient supporting evidence for your claims. I look forward to the continued development of your build guide.

Cheers!
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
Hello!

I would love to post your build guide to the witch listing, however as it currently stands your damage calculations are unsubstantiated due to only being derived from your external program, and no pertinent data has been added to demonstrate this.

What? I don't understand. Are you saying Openarl is not to be trusted with his calculations? If not, then all the pertinent data is in the PoB codes.

"
Kwitch wrote:

I am aware Path of building attempts to report damage calculations for you, however even under ideal, 'perfect storm' conditions, this is a paper number and is not realistic until proven otherwise.

I am also confused by this. Paper numbers are provided in builds to compare to other same skill builds. I even provided numbers that are way below perfect that casuals can play towards. You can even set the numbers to vs bosses and vs Shaper.

I don't understand what a perfect storm condition would be of putting down an orb and then shooting one fireball at the boss compared to a bad situation where you put down an orb and then shoot one fireball.

Sorry, just really confused. Did you mean something else? The build's ok, performing fine. Bad luck with maps right now, but one shots anything up to T7 maps so far. I don't even have to switch out for Slower Proj.
would really like to see a video of this build in action, i like fireball but there havent been a good build for it in some time now
What keeps your hp up with no life leech? For long battles you can't always rely on flasks.

Also, I don't see why you go for "Beacon of Ruin". You wont gain much from prolif since Rolling flames + Pierce gives you enough AoE and Fireball has 49% ignite chance if its 20/20, so conflux doesn't give you much either. "Mastermind of Discord" gives 25% firepen and "Pendulum of Destruction" gives you 100% ele dmg with 40% uptime.
Last edited by zonshadow on Mar 13, 2017, 7:28:53 AM
"
Losfisk wrote:
would really like to see a video of this build in action, i like fireball but there havent been a good build for it in some time now

Added two videos

Sorry haven't responded. Got kind of discouraged because of above.

"
zonshadow wrote:
What keeps your hp up with no life leech? For long battles you can't always rely on flasks.

Also, I don't see why you go for "Beacon of Ruin". You wont gain much from prolif since Rolling flames + Pierce gives you enough AoE and Fireball has 49% ignite chance if its 20/20, so conflux doesn't give you much either. "Mastermind of Discord" gives 25% firepen and "Pendulum of Destruction" gives you 100% ele dmg with 40% uptime.

Yeah, it's pretty hard without leech. You can use safety portals or what I've done is actually stopped panic flasking and using them better. You can also let go of Witchfire Brew or one of the others to put more life flasks in. Other than that, just run around and don't get hit by things. I've been spoiled by leech and Occultist so I've had to actually learn to dodge things now. Died a lot by playing badly. Also, the ignite does so much damage you only have to get in and cast it once or twice. Then you can fully concentrate on dodging everything.

Mastermind of Discord is definitely pretty good, but the free proliferation is just purely quality of life. Sometimes one or a few mobs won't get hit but instead of casting another time, you can just move on and the mob will walk into proliferated ignites and die. Also, you do get a good amount of time to shock things so that also adds a lot to your damage that isn't calculated because it's too inconsistent (it more than doubles the ignite in PoB). If you feel like you can live without that then go for something else.

I will say I left out elemental reflect reduction for golem stuff in the Elementalist tree and that was a mistake. Started to be a 50/50 one-shot death once I got to lvl19 or so gems and more damage nodes. So now I have Paragon of Calamity over Liege of the Primordial.
Last edited by meest on Mar 13, 2017, 6:20:32 PM
Added some t10 map bosses. Maps won't drop for me T_____________T
Added Volcano map video

"
zonshadow wrote:

Just wanted to update on this. Experimented going for Mastermind of Discord and the PoB code for that is here: http://pastebin.com/aRJX9nDm. Skipped the golems. But if you just want the ignite numbers:

Base with no conditions met except the fireball exploding and double curses: 1.27mil ignite dps
Fireball exploding, double curses, and EE triggered: 2.08mil ignite dps
Fireball exploding, triple curses, EE, and Witchfire Brew: 3.11mil ignite dps
+ Mastermind of Discord penetration: 3.36mil ignite dps
Everything above + Pendulum of Destruction buff: 4.15mil ignite dps
Everything above + shocked enemy from Shaper of Desolation: 8.58mil ignite dps

The ignite dps hits 10.6mil with every condition above met plus max gear and gems. Most likely you'll be doing the 3mil ignites, but you can time it right to get 8mil.

My previous point still stands because it comes from testing out on another character, but I think it's because I wasn't one shotting red map packs because I had lower everything. But the map clear is definitely a bit slower. Probably not wise to get rid of free proliferation until lvl 19/20 Fireball.
Added Excavation map where I miss all my sloooow Fireballs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info