[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
beautifulbutt wrote:
I've been playing with PoB a lot and find Projectile Weakness to be a lot stronger than Elemental Weakness, at least for my specific case. I didn't see any mention of it in the guide and a search function seems to be missing, so I'll just ask what's your/others take on it?

From all calculations that I tested projectile weakness was inferior too projectile weakness in every case. This grew significantly more once monster resistances, bosses, guardians, shaper etc were taking into consideration as well.

I tested some more with the PoB link given in the guide (realizing my tests were sloppy) and here's a breakdown:

Normal mobs - Assume flasks on, shocked: Projectile Weakness +0.1% dps
Standard Boss - Flasks on, no shock: Projectile Weakness +2.1% dps
Guardian/Shaper - Flasks on, no shock: Projectile Weakness +0.1% dps
Guardian/Shaper - Flasks off, no shock: Elemental Weakness +1.1% dps

If you put shock on for either of the boss types Elemental Weakness wins, but that is not accurate anymore with the shock changes and how the tab seems to works in PoB (adds a flat 50% which isn't happening on bosses anymore). I don't know if flasks include the 10% from Vinktar either. PoB also can't calculate the small amounts of shock from your crits because it can't make assumptions about the targets health.
With my significantly worse/different gear the margins are bigger for Projectile Weakness (+3%/+4%/+1%/-1%)

In conclusion it's not that big of a difference with good gear and where it matters Elemental Weakness seems to win. However what I personally will end up doing is use Projectile Weakness in the HoI setup and Ele Weakness in the OoS link. Hope this helps someone else too!

Ps. Ofcourse feel free to correct any mistakes in my assumptions about shock or anything else.
Last edited by beautifulbutt on Nov 16, 2017, 1:24:03 PM
Do you think that there are some major changes and will this build still be super viable with 3.1?

What do you think how the vaal pact change affect the build? What do you recommend to use instead of?

thx for your answers and best regards
"
AngryBavarian wrote:
Do you think that there are some major changes and will this build still be super viable with 3.1?

What do you think how the vaal pact change affect the build? What do you recommend to use instead of?

thx for your answers and best regards

No idea. 3.0 had some decent changes and I updated as best I could. As 3.1 is yet to launch I have no idea on what changes will be and what the impact will be.

Vall pact remains unchanged. This is a life based ELE build, not a howa ES build.
I think Vaal pact will still be pretty useful, but the build as is will have to go back to ranged and facetanking with it won't be possible - unless it gets a lot more defenses/mitigation.
Herald of ice + assassin's mark + curse on hit support , does not working :(( If you remove the curse on hit support, it all work. why? :(
Last edited by bazei7788 on Nov 17, 2017, 4:00:46 PM
"
Slottm wrote:
I think Vaal pact will still be pretty useful, but the build as is will have to go back to ranged and facetanking with it won't be possible - unless it gets a lot more defenses/mitigation.

Has there been new vaal pact changes I have not heard about? The only changes I know were in 3.0 and that made it stopping working with ES. Life based nothing has changed so it would be the same.

"
bazei7788 wrote:
Herald of ice + assassin's mark + curse on hit support , does not working :(( If you remove the curse on hit support, it all work. why? :(

Probably because you don't understand the mechanics, and you shouldn't be using assassin's mark anyway, its just not worth it in the end. Herald of ice works so it only triggers the curse when it explodes. Elemental weakness works much better than assassins mark.
there is a possibility of vaal pact change

do you think it's viable to use ornament of the east instead of the shield? for the bonus attack speed bonus from dual wielding and block.
"
xMustard wrote:
there is a possibility of vaal pact change

Just looked this up myself and ya not looking forward to the change. As stated there are a few classes that would benefit from it greatly (slayer + gladiator) for sure. However for any other class that needs that insta leech to kill things like shaper/bosses... not looking forward to it.

Will have to wait and see how it works out I guess.

"
gianmk wrote:
do you think it's viable to use ornament of the east instead of the shield? for the bonus attack speed bonus from dual wielding and block.

No, not at all.
Hi there,
In the build guide you noted that this is also a great uber lab farmer.

How do you deal with traps? Just speed through as quick as possible?
How do you deal with full bufffed izaro?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info